Does Anybody Really Know What The Health Care Bill Does?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Affordable Health Care Insurance

That is the key word here.

I wonder if anyone really knows what this bill is about....what are the benefits.

They started out talking about Universal Health Care...but they never use that anymore.

Now it's affordable health care. Affordable to whom? What do they think is affordable?

Doesn't sound like it's gonna be free does it. I wonder how many here actually think the bill is going to pay for your health care?

All of the horse-trading and political manuvering is just who will be exempt from whatever rules and regulations come out of it.

Does anyone here realize that this is a bill that makes not having health insurance illegal?

Last edited:
So far it's a tax-increase bill.

And they want to gut Medicare as well.

So....the big secret is that they will raise our taxes mostly in hidden ways all over the place and they're gonna eliminate Senior's medical coverage.

The Dems ran on Universal Health Care and now it's just what they think is Affordable Insurance. What may be affordable to someone earning $170k may not be affordable for someone making $20k.

Last edited:

I wonder if anyone really knows what this bill is about....what are the benefits.

They started out talking about Universal Health Care...but they never use that anymore.

Now it's affordable health care. Affordable to whom? What do they think is affordable?

Doesn't sound like it's gonna be free does it. I wonder how many here actually think the bill is going to pay for your health care?

All of the horse-trading and political manuvering is just who will be exempt from whatever rules and regulations come out of it.

Does anyone here realize that this is a bill that makes not having health insurance illegal?

When I inform people of that, they are shocked.

I am afraid that not enough people cared or paid any attention to this unconstitutional bill. The biggest and most destructive bill I have ever had the displeasure and pain of paying attention to. This bill literally made me cry recently. I realize what it means

To date, it is the largest tax increase Americans have ever seen....

To date, it is the most deceitful legislation to come from either party....

Does Anybody Really Know What The Health Care Bill Does?

1. Makes criminals of middle class families that can't afford health care.
2. Rations care to those who need it most.
3. Gives the insurance companies more power.
4. Reduces incentives to create better treatments and medicines.
5. Speeds up the financial collapse of America.
6. Places the future of the Democratic party on the success of one program.

That's about the only thing I know about this bill, people will be fined if they do not have health insurance, they will pay a tax penalty. I also know that nothing will kick in for 4-5 years but we all are going to start paying for it now in higher taxes from everything to soda pop to gasoline. Remember, he won't raise taxes on anyone making less than 250,000 per year, well that just went out the door because even if it's not a payroll tax, you are gonna pay and pay and pay on everything else.

I think that Harry Reid and maybe a couple of others actually know most of the details in this bill, but as for the others, they are clueless. It's going to take time to study and the longer it takes the more we all will find out, but get ready to see many more bribes going on here. Washington is full of politicians who are nothing more than paid whores.

Last edited:
It has three historically significant things going for it.

1 - The majority of Americans don't want it.
2 - It has no bi-partisan support.
3 - It is the most expensive piece of legislation ever.

And, Maple, you give way too much credit to Reid if you think even he has a clue as to exactly what he's selling.

I have not read the bill but I will bet it diverts tax dollars to private insurance companies and provides slight if any savings or benefits to users.

It has three historically significant things going for it.

1 - The majority of Americans don't want it.
2 - It has no bi-partisan support.
3 - It is the most expensive piece of legislation ever.

And, Maple, you give way too much credit to Reid if you think even he has a clue as to exactly what he's selling.

Thank you, and I take that credit back, he deserves NONE. They sure did not know what was in that 787 billion dollar stimulus bill they passed without reading it first, why would I expect them to be any different with this peice of crap.

I have not read the bill but I will bet it diverts tax dollars to private insurance companies and provides slight if any savings or benefits to users.

A private insurer cannot accept tax dollars and remain a private insurer. Such a company would become a government contractor. If you are correct, there will be fewer private insurance companies, which, unless I have missed something, is a goal the progressives would very much like to achieve.

Last edited:
So far it's a tax-increase bill.another fear mongering Liar

And they want to gut Medicare as well.Ther isn't a single cut in medi care services, none. stop Lying.

So....the big secret is that they will raise our taxes mostly in hidden ways all over the place and they're gonna eliminate Senior's medical coverage.BUllshit on your face puke.

You know I don't think congress read much about the Iraq resoloution or the Patriot act either. Seems like I did not hear righties wailing back then about it though.

So far it's a tax-increase bill.another fear mongering Liar

And they want to gut Medicare as well.Ther isn't a single cut in medi care services, none. stop Lying.

So....the big secret is that they will raise our taxes mostly in hidden ways all over the place and they're gonna eliminate Senior's medical coverage.BUllshit on your face puke.

If they cut over 400 billion from Medicare, they will have to cut something out of Medicare, or some rationing. If they don't cut Medicare, then there will be higher premiums, and higher costs to Americans under this healthcare bill. A person just needs to follow the money in this boondoggle. Smoke and mirrors....smoke and mirrors

So far it's a tax-increase bill.

And they want to gut Medicare as well.

So....the big secret is that they will raise our taxes mostly in hidden ways all over the place and they're gonna eliminate Senior's medical coverage.

The Dems ran on Universal Health Care and now it's just what they think is Affordable Insurance. What may be affordable to someone earning $170k may not be affordable for someone making $20k.

The tax hikes would go into effect right after Obama signs it. Not a SINGLE benefit is paid out to ANYONE for the next four years but covered services to the elderly and disabled would be sharply reduced due to stripping Medicare of nearly $500 BILLION. No way to keep that same level of coverage while refusing to pay for it. All while imposing BILLIONS in all sorts of hidden taxes as well as the direct taxes. The elderly would be stripped of more of their access to medical care at all while nursing homes will be forced to reduce their ability to care for the elderly so there will likely be a nice decline in the quality of care given at nursing homes as well as denying the elderly medications, treatments and surgeries. So much for all that "caring" bullshit.

All while government rapidly goes about setting up the 70 new bureaucracies and agencies this bill creates. Nearly DOUBLING the size of federal government in one bill. Its the only way the Democrats can claim it is deficit neutral is by NOT paying any benefits while collecting the taxes for YEARS that are supposed to SOMEDAY pay for it. What DOLT really believes it is possible to double the size of federal government and it not add a dime to the budget deficit? ARE YOU INSANE? But just like the Social Security taxes we pay do not go to pay for Social Security and never did - which is why Social Security is going bankrupt now -anyone who thinks the taxes government will collect in all the BILLIONS in direct and hidden taxes included in this monstrosity will be sitting around waiting to finally pay out benefits -is delusional.

This will not make insurance more affordable -it will make it LESS affordable. There is no such thing as a free lunch, no such thing as "free" health care and no way that it is possible to cover millions MORE people while reducing the cost of doing so. But the real goal of Democrats has nothing to do with your HEALTH or your CARE and NEVER DID. This bill insures that when the Supreme Court strikes down the part that ORDERS Americans to buy a particular product and spend their money the way government has decided everyone should -that it can immediately step and insist the only remedy to the Supreme Court striking that part down is by just taking over the entire system and PROVIDE health care coverage for everyone. While of course imposing even more taxes on us all -and thereby bastardizing and exploiting our own Constitution in order to RAM down our throats exactly what the majority have repeatedly said they do NOT want at all. This bill insures that when you reach the stage in life where you actually NEED the most medical care, your ability to receive it will be sharply reduced or denied. Which is why Democrats in both houses of Congress totally rejected every single measure known for a FACT to actually REDUCE the cost of insurance - from tort reform to allowing insurance companies to compete across state lines, an artificial anti-competition restriction created by Congress in the first place. It is entirely about a MASSIVE expansion of government and government POWER achieved with the stroke of a pen. Power the Democrats believe THEY will be wielding -and so intent on seeing this happen they are willing to RAM this unwanted bill down all our throats and then force us all to foot the bill for it.

THIS is how tyranny is sneaked into a country -ALWAYS under the guise of false claims of "being SOOOO concerned about the poor, downtrodden little guy that it requires bigger and more powerful GOVERNMENT to take over some aspect of life for us all" -even though the VAST majority are fully capable of and have been doing it for themselves all along. It is all in order to give extraordinary powers to those who are increasingly BLATANT about their total contempt for us all. This is not and has never been about any concern for the "little guy" -it is about expansion of and cementing of government power. The most vulnerable are actually the targeted victim in this bill, perceived by Democrats to be the least able to counter their government sponsored victimization of them. This IS tyranny -Democrats using the force and power of government to ram down the throats of the majority against their will this unwanted legislation and then turn around demand we all pay for the very thing we OPPOSED in the first place! The best way to control a population is by making sure they have as little discretionary income as possible and the bulk of it goes into government coffers instead. Democrats believe that the money you earn actually belongs first to government which has the greater right to decide how much it will allow you to have. For all our own good of course. While conservatives know good and damn well it is OUR money first ALWAYS and WE should be the ones deciding how much we CHOOSE to allow government to even have. This bill will make excellent headway in reducing the amount of our OWN FUCKING MONEY left in our pockets that isn't confiscated in some form or another by our own government. The biggest joke of all is that in exchange for government confiscating what will be a HUGE chunk of our income immediately (lol -remember that silly Obama promise not to raise taxes. I bet some of you idiots actually believed that, right?) -we get absolutely NOTHING in return for YEARS to come while the elderly will start being DEPRIVED of care and having their level of medical access lowered due to stripping their insurance coverage of billions. And even when government benefits finally kick in years down the road - it will definitely be worse than what we have right now.

You know I don't think congress read much about the Iraq resoloution or the Patriot act either. Seems like I did not hear righties wailing back then about it though.

Congressmen or women never read anything. Except journalistic or letters of praise.

They are not in it for the reading assignments.

They hire ambitious, young underlings to do all their reading for them. Cliff notes if you will.

So they better hope they hire the right underlings.

Forum List

Back