Does anybody know...

...what is in the current health care bill? I seem to recall Nancy Pelosi saying the other day that Congress should just pass the bill and then find out what's in it. Was I mistaken?

The same ingredients in an average hot dog. If you knew, you wouldn't eat it.

From her remarks at the 2010 Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties
"“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

:rolleyes:

They don't know what's in it, particularly what it would look like when it's "reconciled". They're just panicking because they're facing the fall elections with NOTHING accomplished but ginormous reckless spending.

I just heard a U.S. Congressman on FoxNews, a Democrat although I didn't catch his name, saying that this bill isn't wanted by his constituents and that it's political at this point. They're being told that if they don't pass it, they'll lose their seats. The stupidity of it is that if they do pass this behemoth against the will of the people... they're gonna lose those seats anyway.

These people are being asked to throw themselves off the cliff in the hope that whatever Democrats remain after the purge can somehow turn it around by 2012 and save Barry.

The Democrats are "damned if they do and damned if they don't"

Due to the amount of time, and right wing propaganda that surround it, the HCR is a political career killer for the Dems.

If they vote for a bill that has mandates in it, centrists and indies are going to be livid and vote Tea party/Republican or anybody with a pulse and do not party under a donkey.

If they do not vote for it, the left is going to stay at home, thus the Dems lose their core constituents.

Bottomline: they have to rewrite the Bill and keep out as much extreme concepts as possible. That is the only way the Democrats can save themselves. Something sensible and reforming. Something that will continue to allow the existence of many of the well established social health programs we currently have.

...what is in the current health care bill? I seem to recall Nancy Pelosi saying the other day that Congress should just pass the bill and then find out what's in it. Was I mistaken?

The same ingredients in an average hot dog. If you knew, you wouldn't eat it.

True, and just like the proposed healthcare bill, once you have consumed the hot dog, there is nothing you can do about it when you find out what was in it.

So, in essence....Pelosi approves the idea of eating a hot dog first and THEN finding out what is in it.

And she is 2nd in line for the WH.

From her remarks at the 2010 Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties
"“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

:rolleyes:

They don't know what's in it, particularly what it would look like when it's "reconciled". They're just panicking because they're facing the fall elections with NOTHING accomplished but ginormous reckless spending.

I just heard a U.S. Congressman on FoxNews, a Democrat although I didn't catch his name, saying that this bill isn't wanted by his constituents and that it's political at this point. They're being told that if they don't pass it, they'll lose their seats. The stupidity of it is that if they do pass this behemoth against the will of the people... they're gonna lose those seats anyway.

These people are being asked to throw themselves off the cliff in the hope that whatever Democrats remain after the purge can somehow turn it around by 2012 and save Barry.

The Democrats are "damned if they do and damned if they don't"

Due to the amount of time, and right wing propaganda that surround it, the HCR is a political career killer for the Dems.

If they vote for a bill that has mandates in it, centrists and indies are going to be livid and vote Tea party/Republican or anybody with a pulse and do not party under a donkey.

If they do not vote for it, the left is going to stay at home, thus the Dems lose their core constituents.

Bottomline: they have to rewrite the Bill and keep out as much extreme concepts as possible. That is the only way the Democrats can save themselves. Something sensible and reforming. Something that will continue to allow the existence of many of the well established social health programs we currently have.

Yup. The smart money would've been to actually use the recent "Healthcare Summit" to get a small bipartisan effort going. Sure, they lose some face for having pissed with the comprehensive approach for a full year... but at least they'd end up with something popular in hand.

As things stand now, you're right. They can't win.

That said... there IS a way that some of them can preserve themselves. It would be drastic, but hey... desperate times call for desperate measures.... :eusa_think:

If the Blue Dog coalition were to go Independent en masse, temporarily caucus with Republicans and overthrow Pelosi.... they'd be able to run their campaigns on the Scott Brown model and many of them would likely survive.

Never gonna happen... but just imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the hard left. It'd be glorious! :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back