Does anybody know why Joe Biden does not like to give to Charity?

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
biden_tax_returns_2.jpg

Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden and his wife gave an average of $369 a year to charity during the past decade, his tax records show.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-12-biden-financial_N.htm

Is he relying on the Government to use his tax money to give money to the less fortunate?

Because the numbers you quote are only charity donations from his taxable income.

Most of the charity he gives, is from donating his speaking fees and speaking honoraria to charity.

Also, in catholic tradition, it is not unusual to not report charitable contributions. At least where I grew up.

Also, in catholic tradition, it is not unusual to not report charitable contributions. At least where I grew up.

Well I was going to say "BS", but I'll not because it may be different where you grew up. In any case, it's because he thinks the government has taken the place and it's way cheaper for him. He's a tightwad. Perhaps not a bad thing in a possible president?

And the $10,000 question of the day... Does anyone really care why Biden donates less than $400 a year to charity? How much does everyone HERE donate?

And the $10,000 question of the day... Does anyone really care why Biden donates less than $400 a year to charity? How much does everyone HERE donate?

I agree, I really don't care what Joe gives, but it's indicative of "progressives" in general. I give more and last year my W2 was 32K. That was with 2 dependents.

Well I was going to say "BS", but I'll not because it may be different where you grew up. In any case, it's because he thinks the government has taken the place and it's way cheaper for him. He's a tightwad. Perhaps not a bad thing in a possible president?

If his motivation is to allow the government to collect money from taxpayers and distribute it to charity, that's not good.

He thinks the government can do a better job of spreading the wealth, though they haven't yet. So, he's been holding out til now.

Forum List

Back