Does anybody even know what info Congress is trying to subpoena?

PurePubcrappe- they want everything the cabinet has ever e-mailed, though the ATF has already said they didn't tell Bush or Holder about F+F. Investigate the ATF, obviously- will find incredible Bush incompetence, like GSA conference going from$90k to 700k under Boooosh. Great legacy, Pubbies! LOL

I wouldn't call it intimate knowledge, so much as paying attention instead of being reactionary. Everyone is talking about it, and most of what people saying doesn't make sense if they actually were paying attention to what's REALLY going on with the whole thing right now. Seems like everyone has forgotten about the letter that this is all about right now.

February 4th/2011 where Holder lied to Congress in the letter.That's what began it all. Congress wants the internal communications after that date.

I'm trying to Miracle Grow my tomatoes right now, but I'll take a second out to get the link for you.

Here ya go. I'm feeling nice today.

Just as the hearing got underway at 10 a.m., DOJ notified the committee that President Barack Obama asserted executive privilege on documents generated after February 4, 2011, when the Justice Department sent a letter to Congress falsely asserting that ATF never allowed guns to “walk.”

That move came after a Tuesday meeting in which Holder and Issa were unable to reach an agreement which would have delayed the contempt vote.

While initially investigating who authorized the tactics used in Fast and Furious, Republicans have more recently been interested in obtaining internal DOJ communications following the Feb. 4 letter.

Holder told the DOJ Inspector General investigate the matter 24 days after the letter, on Feb. 28, and DOJ formally withdrew the letter in December 2011.

Oversight Committee Holds Attorney General Eric Holder In Contempt Over Fast And Furious Docs | TPMMuckraker

PurePubcrappe- they want everything the cabinet has ever e-mailed, though the ATF has already said they didn't tell Bush or Holder about F+F. Investigate the ATF, obviously- will find incredible Bush incompetence, like GSA conference going from$90k to 700k under Boooosh. Great legacy, Pubbies! LOL

franco you are so full of shit that your eyes must be dark brown.

:D

LOL! I already answered you earlier, but you're interested in diversions, not what others know.

Yes, I know, my apologies. I didn't really mean to direct that at you, specifically. I was just trying to reiterate the point that most people seem to have completely lost track of what is going on here, and they are in full reactionary mode.

Democrats didn't even know what was in the 3,000 page health care law when they signed it.

5wpkai4t69.jpg

The point is that the Attorney General refused to comply with a congressional subpoena and even a jerk like Urcle should know that it is illegal.

Actually, that's what EP is all about.

I wouldn't call it intimate knowledge, so much as paying attention instead of being reactionary. Everyone is talking about it, and most of what people saying doesn't make sense if they actually were paying attention to what's REALLY going on with the whole thing right now. Seems like everyone has forgotten about the letter that this is all about right now.

February 4th/2011 where Holder lied to Congress in the letter.That's what began it all. Congress wants the internal communications after that date.

I'm trying to Miracle Grow my tomatoes right now, but I'll take a second out to get the link for you.

Just as the hearing got underway at 10 a.m., DOJ notified the committee that President Barack Obama asserted executive privilege on documents generated after February 4, 2011, when the Justice Department sent a letter to Congress falsely asserting that ATF never allowed guns to “walk.”

That move came after a Tuesday meeting in which Holder and Issa were unable to reach an agreement which would have delayed the contempt vote.

While initially investigating who authorized the tactics used in Fast and Furious, Republicans have more recently been interested in obtaining internal DOJ communications following the Feb. 4 letter.

Holder told the DOJ Inspector General investigate the matter 24 days after the letter, on Feb. 28, and DOJ formally withdrew the letter in December 2011.

Oversight Committee Holds Attorney General Eric Holder In Contempt Over Fast And Furious Docs | TPMMuckraker

LOL, well done. Alot of people don't even know what's going on, so props for being on top of the events. It's starting to drive me crazy to hear people talk about how EP doesn't apply since Obama didn't know about FaF.

Well? You all seem to have alot of hooting and hollering to do about this whole Fast and Furious/Executive Privilege ordeal. Any of you know what's actually going on?
Why are you 'hootin and hollerin' on something you don't know anything about?

LOL, well done. Alot of people don't even know what's going on, so props for being on top of the events. It's starting to drive me crazy to hear people talk about how EP doesn't apply since Obama didn't know about FaF.
wow, really?

It doesn't apply because the Executive Privilege (EP) does not extend to the Cabinet. It ONLY applies to the Executive, the Executive's advisers and aids, for the purpose of doing the executives duties.

If the EP were to extend to all Administrative offices, then there would never be any oversight to the Executive Branch of our government.

EP has specific, and tightly held scope.

Might want to know what your talking about before you go a hootin' ~n~ Hollerin'

Obama’s Claim of Executive Privilege: It’s Frivolous | Power Line

...the House committee has narrowed its subpoena to an extraordinary degree. The public may not be aware that what we are talking about here is not some vast universe of documents relating to Fast and Furious, but rather, as Holder acknowledges, a tiny subset: “The Committee has made clear that its contempt resolution will be limited to internal Department ‘documents from after February 4, 2011, related to the Department’s response to Congress.’” February 4 was the date of DOJ’s letter which falsely represented to Congress that Fast and Furious did not involve deliberately allowing guns to make their way across the border to the cartels. DOJ withdrew that letter on December 2, 2011, ten months later. So Issa is trying to obtain only DOJ communications relating to the false letter, and the process by which DOJ concluded that the letter was indefensible, and decided to retract it. This represents an extraordinary concession on Issa’s part. I cannot imagine that, in Issa’s position, I would have let the administration off so easily....

This is why the whole thing is so stupid. DOJ did the right thing (when they realized they had made a mistake, they corrected it) and are now getting harassed for it. You know what Issa is teaching future Attorneys General? That it's better to just cover things up.

Obama’s Claim of Executive Privilege: It’s Frivolous | Power Line

...the House committee has narrowed its subpoena to an extraordinary degree. The public may not be aware that what we are talking about here is not some vast universe of documents relating to Fast and Furious, but rather, as Holder acknowledges, a tiny subset: “The Committee has made clear that its contempt resolution will be limited to internal Department ‘documents from after February 4, 2011, related to the Department’s response to Congress.’” February 4 was the date of DOJ’s letter which falsely represented to Congress that Fast and Furious did not involve deliberately allowing guns to make their way across the border to the cartels. DOJ withdrew that letter on December 2, 2011, ten months later. So Issa is trying to obtain only DOJ communications relating to the false letter, and the process by which DOJ concluded that the letter was indefensible, and decided to retract it. This represents an extraordinary concession on Issa’s part. I cannot imagine that, in Issa’s position, I would have let the administration off so easily....

This is why the whole thing is so stupid. DOJ did the right thing (when they realized they had made a mistake, they corrected it) and are now getting harassed for it. You know what Issa is teaching future Attorneys General? That it's better to just cover things up.

No, you don't yet understand what the timeline was.

Well? You all seem to have alot of hooting and hollering to do about this whole Fast and Furious/Executive Privilege ordeal. Any of you know what's actually going on?

Obama and Holder came up with a scam to allow a lot of weapons in the hands of drug cartels and other criminals, in hopes that they could use it to further their gun control agenda. Like most liberals, they ignorantly claim that laws will get guns off the street, but haven't figured out that criminals will always be armed no matter how many laws are passed. It will get guns out of the hands of the innocent public so they can't defend themselves.

The scam blew up in their faces. Holder tried lying about this being started under Bush and then retracted it. It's called perjury, but the left media called it a correction.

Holder lied again when he told congress that he would turn over all documents. He likely knew that Obama would cover for him and he wouldn't have to go through with it.

Holder lied again about the emails regarding Fast and Furious.

Obama invoked executive privilege. This has nothing to do with national security and everything to do with covering up a crime. It is a crime to hand guns to criminals when you know they will be used to murder people. The goal obviously wasn't to track the weapons since they had no plan in place to do that. Another little lie.

Thousands of Mexican citizens have been murdered and two of our border patrol have been murdered with the Fast and Furious guns.

That's it in a nutshell, though some on the left continue to regurgitate the spin that they heard from Maddow and others like her.

Pelosi is doing some serious spin today trying to claim that the right wants Holder to resign so he can't stop election fraud. Funny part is, his resignation would likely reduce fraud.

What difference does it make the really good stuff has either been destroyed or conveniently misplaced. This should have never been allowed to get this far.

What difference does it make the really good stuff has either been destroyed or conveniently misplaced. This should have never been allowed to get this far.

There is still something to uncover or they wouldn't be in complete panic mode.

Obama In 2007: Executive Privilege Is "Subject To Abuse" | RealClearPolitics

"I think the issue of executive power and executive privilege is one that is subject to abuse and in an Obama presidency what you will see will be a sufficient respect for law and the co-equal branches of government that I hope we don't find ourselves in a situation in which we would have aides being subpoenaed for what I think everything acknowledges is some troublesome information out there," then-Senator Barack Obama told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in a 2007 interview.

Obama was against it before he was for it.

Last edited:

It doesn't matter what the contents of the documents are from the political standpoint.

Nobody will accuse me of being a rabid Obama basher. It sends a terrible message to clame EP in any case. In one as comparatively mundane as this; it amplifies the chorous of boos and jeers even more.

On the surface--we still dont' have all of the facts--this appears to be hubris run amuck from the Obama administration. There may be perfectly valid reasons for such a move but the optics are terrible.

What he should have done was have a presser about 10 days ago where he said that he would have to claim EP and make his intentions clear. By doing so; you simply state what your case is and put it out there. Doing it after the fact makes it look as though you have something to hide. I doubt that is the case but, again, the optics are bad for the Obama administration on this one.

This is how you lose elections.

"I think the issue of executive power and executive privilege is one that is subject to abuse and in an Obama presidency what you will see will be a sufficient respect for law and the co-equal branches of government that I hope we don't find ourselves in a situation in which we would have aides being subpoenaed for what I think everything acknowledges is some troublesome information out there," then-Senator Barack Obama told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in a 2007 interview.

Politicians engaged in politics? Why I never...

It doesn't matter what the contents of the documents are from the political standpoint.

Nobody will accuse me of being a rabid Obama basher. It sends a terrible message to clame EP in any case. In one as comparatively mundane as this; it amplifies the chorous of boos and jeers even more.

On the surface--we still dont' have all of the facts--this appears to be hubris run amuck from the Obama administration. There may be perfectly valid reasons for such a move but the optics are terrible.

What he should have done was have a presser about 10 days ago where he said that he would have to claim EP and make his intentions clear. By doing so; you simply state what your case is and put it out there. Doing it after the fact makes it look as though you have something to hide. I doubt that is the case but, again, the optics are bad for the Obama administration on this one.

This is how you lose elections.

Or.......they have something to hide. Why else has Holder been stonewalling Congress all this time and then ask for EP when he knows it's getting deep?

Politicians engaged in politics? Why I never...

Evidently farontheleft......I mean, inthemiddle hasn't either.

New Topics

Forum List

Back