Does Ann Romney's type of "American Woman" exist anymore?

So because she ended up with a guy who went on to amass great wealth she should just be allowed to
live her life in a glass jar and not be "allowed" to talk or to share her views on anything.

Geez the more time I spend here the more depressed I get about how there is so much hatred coming from the Democrat party.

Ann Romney has every right to talk or share her views. But don't try to portray those views as anything but what they are...a view from the top. The view from a life that knows nothing about struggle or worry how the next bill will be paid. It is an insulated view.

Here is a great op-ed...

Dear Ann Romney: I Felt Forgotten

Ann Romney, if you recognize that women “are the ones that have to do a little bit more, and work a little harder throughout the day to earn that respect at work.”…and to then “come home and help with a book report”, then I challenge you to do something about it.

If you recognize the unfair duality of the worker-care taker role, if you recognize the injustices in the workforce, if you recognize all the inconsistencies in women’s lives then I challenge you to…. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

If you believe in your speech that women really are, “the best of America….the hope of America…and that there would not be an America without (us….and that you would like to) Salute and sing (our) praises”….than DONT FORGET ABOUT US.

You took the time to single us out, to describe our story. You sang our praises for all the sacrifices we make, and how hard life is to be a woman in America…and then, you just moved on. You kept us there in that depressing, struggling state. You moved onto your husbands accolades and this life you two built up together into the limelight and didn’t even mention us again.

Is your story supposed to save us, the downtrodden American woman? Was your message to infer that we too should find nice husbands to have five babies with? Because even though I listened to all 22 minutes of your speech, I didn’t hear you refer back to us and our struggle. I didn’t even hear you refer back to women outside of your own identity as a wife or mother.

I felt forgotten. Just like the American political system has a tendency of doing to us women, as a subgroup. Unless, of course, our wombs or vaginas or identities as mothers and wives are needed to tote the political limelight. Then, like in your speech tonight, you remember us.

man that was some ugly shit..typical of a hateful ugly liberal though

According to left Ann Romney can't connect to regular women because her husband made it big but yet these same lefties think all these rich Democrats do connect to regular people funny how only the rich from one side of the political aisle can connect with the regular folks at least according to some.

We saw how they attacked Palin for not staying at home with her children while running for office, now they are attacking Ann Romney for NOT working and staying home with her children.

Liberalism is really a friggen mental disorder...for real

We saw how they attacked Palin for not staying at home with her children while running for office, now they are attacking Ann Romney for NOT working and staying home with her children.

Liberalism is really a friggen mental disorder...for real

They need to get real and simply say, "We don't like your politics" like the gay right activist who shot that security guard. They'd look less foolish and hypocritical.

Sure they do. We have 5 living in our neighborhood right now.
One has 7 children and she home schools them.
No they are not rich they are middle class.
Being a Mom is full time work.

Oh, well, see ... THIS is our problem. We have a failure to communicate cuz ...

To Dems, "middle class" does not mean $240BILLION DOLLARS.

Not to mention that she was loaded before they married.

All that crap about eating off the ironing board?

Well, that's what it was.

CRAP.

She was making fun of real women just like he makes fun of real humans.

sheesh

here they go again attacking stay at home moms..

You're making this shit as you go Steph...

No one is attacking stay at home mothers. MY mom was a stay at home mother, my wife was a stay at home mother. We need a lot more stay at home mothers in this country. The way to more stay at home mothers is fair wages for working fathers. It is no coincidence that the conservative era which started with Nixon has seen the American worker's wages continue to fall short of the cost of living. And, it is no coincidence that the conservative era which started with Nixon has seen union busting and wealth distribution that matches the Gilded Age.

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed"
Clarence Darrow

Untitled-3-1.jpg

When Ann Romney talks about women, she talks about the "home maker" and how taking care of children, cooking and doing laundry is very hard. She never talked about "women bankers" or "women engineers" or any woman "professionals". In fact, I'm not sure I heard her even say the phrase "working women".

She seems to give the impression that only women who are married, being taken care of by a man and with many children are "truly fulfilled". Not that she's "anti working women", just that a working woman comes in "second" in the fulfillment department.

In fact, it seems you almost have to be "rich" for her type of women to exist anymore in America. A kind of "retro 50's" leave it to Beaver type of mom.

So the question becomes, "Did Ann Romney really connect with that many women?"

Especially considering her "life of privileged".

ROFLMAO you don't get out much do you.

When Ann Romney talks about women, she talks about the "home maker" and how taking care of children, cooking and doing laundry is very hard. She never talked about "women bankers" or "women engineers" or any woman "professionals". In fact, I'm not sure I heard her even say the phrase "working women".

She seems to give the impression that only women who are married, being taken care of by a man and with many children are "truly fulfilled". Not that she's "anti working women", just that a working woman comes in "second" in the fulfillment department.

In fact, it seems you almost have to be "rich" for her type of women to exist anymore in America. A kind of "retro 50's" leave it to Beaver type of mom.

So, another "Please don't notice what an utter failure Obama has been " thread. I bet you're wishing that Obama had a record to run on instead of away from.

hell, from 1986 till 1993 I was a single parent. I had the pleasure of working and raising my child alone. During that period several women told me that men were not suppose to be single parents.
I doubt that Ann knows about struggle and poverty while raising a child.

Last edited:
LDS leader Bruce R. McConkie wrote in 1966 that a "woman's primary place is in the home, where she is to rear children and abide by the righteous counsel of her husband".

Ann Romney converted to Mormonism in 1966.

Sure they do. We have 5 living in our neighborhood right now.
One has 7 children and she home schools them.
No they are not rich they are middle class.
Being a Mom is full time work.

Wow, you know a lot about your neighbors. Are all those children insured. I mean besides "Obamacare"?

I was a SAHM for a long time. I just got a job but as a military wife for so many years I stayed home. I felt I was the on constant thing in my kids lives. We were always moving so they had new houses , schools friends all the time, Dad was gone A LOT. I was the only thing they could count on being there for them .. A LOT of military spouses are stay at home parents. It is just easier. I did babysit during those times so I was making money ..

So, another "Please don't notice what an utter failure Obama has been " thread. I bet you're wishing that Obama had a record to run on instead of away from.

dream on.

In fact, it seems you almost have to be "rich" for her type of women to exist anymore in America. A kind of "retro 50's" leave it to Beaver type of great

Yeah Deenie Weenie, we are a nation of Snookies, totally lacking any women with class and dignity.

Fucking jack off...

Forum List

Back