Does Ann Romney's type of "American Woman" exist anymore?

R

rdean

When Ann Romney talks about women, she talks about the "home maker" and how taking care of children, cooking and doing laundry is very hard. She never talked about "women bankers" or "women engineers" or any woman "professionals". In fact, I'm not sure I heard her even say the phrase "working women".

She seems to give the impression that only women who are married, being taken care of by a man and with many children are "truly fulfilled". Not that she's "anti working women", just that a working woman comes in "second" in the fulfillment department.

In fact, it seems you almost have to be "rich" for her type of women to exist anymore in America. A kind of "retro 50's" leave it to Beaver type of mom.

So the question becomes, "Did Ann Romney really connect with that many women?"

Especially considering her "life of privileged".

Sure they do. We have 5 living in our neighborhood right now.
One has 7 children and she home schools them.
No they are not rich they are middle class.
Being a Mom is full time work.

oh my God ... there are women that actually take care of their kids? Yeah I don't believe her.

Sure they do. We have 5 living in our neighborhood right now.
One has 7 children and she home schools them.
No they are not rich they are middle class.
Being a Mom is full time work.

Wow, you know a lot about your neighbors. Are all those children insured. I mean besides "Obamacare"?

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean women who stay at home raise their kids while also dealing with cancer and multiple sclerosis yes there are.

Yea, because all women with cancer and multiple sclerosis have nannies, private doctors and access to the most expensive medical care in the world. How many private nurses did she have?

You can't seriously compare her to "normal" people.

The question was about connection and not the incredible care she is given because of her husbands fabulous wealth.

Ann Romney specifically addressed the concerns of working women. If you listened you would know that. BUT she addressed the concerns of working mothers as if they were paying the bills, putting food on the table. Some working two jobs to hold the family together and still having time to help with homework.

No, she did not address the concerns of women on welfare who did not have to worry about paying the rent or feeding their families. Maybe that's why you missed what she had to say.

womens rights are about choice.

When you people begin to accept its for the woman to make the choice that is best for her and her family then you will get a clue.

Mrs Romney was lucky enough to have the choice NOT to work.

Her family benifited from her choice.

This country can not remain great unless women have real choices.

why are you on the right so anti choice for women

My mom never worked a job as long as I can remember, but her job was 100 times harder than my Dad's - taking care of us kids and the home.

When you people begin to accept its for the woman to make the choice that is best for her and her family then you will get a clue.

yeah, because aborting your children is what is going to keep this country great..
and Ann was LUCKY to not have to work?, what the hell would you know about who is lucky and isn't lucky..

It's all about choice.

Tell that to a woman raising three kids whose husband exercised his choice and left her. She's now working two jobs to pay the rent but she used to work one. Her oldest is in a politically correct school that spends more time on social justice than teaching kids how to read. Teaching her kids how to read is now one more job for her to do. This woman really doesn't have a choice. Her choices have been taken away from her by democrats.

This woman is going to tune into the democratic convention and find out that women's rights are limited to free contraception and free abortion. It doesn't matter to her. She hasn't had time to go out to a movie in months, not since obama's regulations forced her last company out of the country.

yeah, because aborting your children is what is going to keep this country great..
and Ann was LUCKY to not have to work?, what the hell would you know about who is lucky and isn't lucky..

That's a pretty fucking disgraceful thing to say Miss rhymes with "runt".

Especially when Republicans cut school lunches and fight to keep children from being insured. It was a Republican who said, "Feed the poor and they will breed". You creeps have got to stop caring only about children before they're born. It makes you look like the soulless monsters you personally obviously identify with.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIHBKcjYSuM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Five Finger Death Punch - Under and Over it (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Ann Romney specifically addressed the concerns of working women. If you listened you would know that. BUT she addressed the concerns of working mothers as if they were paying the bills, putting food on the table. Some working two jobs to hold the family together and still having time to help with homework.

No, she did not address the concerns of women on welfare who did not have to worry about paying the rent or feeding their families. Maybe that's why you missed what she had to say.

No, she didn't address the concerns of working women. Unless all working women only think about changing diapers.

Post some of the concerns of working women. I look forward to your list.

Another episode of "All in the Family". Thanks Meathead.

Derp derp derp goes the retard

Above are all the posts Grandpa Monkeynuts.

This is a wasted moron with nothing to add. No ideas. No thoughts. Basically an ignorant and drooling Zombie.

droolingzombie.jpg

Forum List

Back