Does America really care about Terror Interogations?

dwelty

Rookie
Aug 27, 2009
I normally do not post to political message boards, but since the boards I usually are active on don't like political discussions I will post here. I keep seeing stories on the news about Terror Interrogation probes. The premise seems to be that under the Bush administration, laws were broken in regards to the method they used in interrogating terror suspects.

Regardless of whether laws were broken or not (some probably were), I am wondering if the average American is really passionate about this topic. After all, since September 11th Terrorists have not been high in the popularity charts.

I am afraid that the Democratic party might be misscalculating this... There are so many topics we could be focusing on, like ciminal acts by Corporate America (Halliburton) that people are more Passionate about.

Thoughts???

I normally do not post to political message boards, but since the boards I usually are active on don't like political discussions I will post here. I keep seeing stories on the news about Terror Interrogation probes. The premise seems to be that under the Bush administration, laws were broken in regards to the method they used in interrogating terror suspects.

Regardless of whether laws were broken or not (some probably were), I am wondering if the average American is really passionate about this topic. After all, since September 11th Terrorists have not been high in the popularity charts.

I am afraid that the Democratic party might be misscalculating this... There are so many topics we could be focusing on, like ciminal acts by Corporate America (Halliburton) that people are more Passionate about.

Thoughts???

Well I for ONE! am up late into the night, NEARLY OBSESSED with how those who interrogated mass murderers, did so...

I believe that it falls to the US, to project ridiculous standards to protect the 'rights' of our enemies, to strip us of our rights... because, after all the US is strong with TONS of means and the Islamic terrorists are basically ignorant losers, with Masters Degrees and born from affluent families who just 'don't know no better'... So we should give EVERY possible doubt to anyone who is found attacking the US, or joining with those who attack the US... as such is only FAIR...

Fuck them and their entire culture... to the last man, woman and child.

Last edited:

Thoughts???

Well I for ONE! am up late into the night, NEARLY OBSESSED with how those who interrogated mass murderers, did so...

I believe that it falls to the US, to project ridiculous standards against our enemies... because, after all the US is strong with TONS of means and the Islamic terrorists are basically ignorant losers, with Masters Degrees and born from affluent families who just 'don't know no better'... So we should give EVERY possible doubt to anyone who is found attacking the US, or joining with those who attack the US... as such is only FAIR...

OK, then stop supporting big oil and they can go back to eating sand. Pick one.

Thoughts???

I believe that it falls to the US, to project ridiculous standards against our enemies... because, after all the US is strong with TONS of means and the Islamic terrorists are basically ignorant losers, with Masters Degrees and born from affluent families who just 'don't know no better'... So we should give EVERY possible doubt to anyone who is found attacking the US, or joining with those who attack the US... as such is only FAIR...

OK, then stop supporting big oil and they can go back to eating sand. Pick one.

So I need to stop supporting oil to recognize the absurd reasoning of those consider themselves rightfully entitled to murder innocent people?

ROFLMNAO... And this demonstrates, once AGAIN, why these people should not be allowed within 10 miles of a voting booth.

LOL... Leftists...

Actually, I am on the far far right on this one.

Instead of invading Iraq, I would have clamped down on all oil transactions that had to do with Islamist countries and I would have starved them out. No food. Iran would be ok because they have a lot of arable land. The rest of them would have been SOL and have to go look for another grocery store. Meanwhile at home I would have decriminalized hemp. So we could practice phytoremediation, get more sources for industrial lubricants and fuel and paper/cloth alternatives. I also would have utilized natural gas as a transportation fuel and employed more/every available alternative energy strategies.

We have all the food. I am exceedingly draconian on this issue.

Instead of invading Iraq, I would have clamped down on all oil transactions that had to do with Islamist countries and I would have starved them out. No food. Iran would be ok because they have a lot of arable land. The rest of them would have been SOL and have to go look for another grocery store. Meanwhile at home I would have decriminalized hemp. So we could practice phytoremediation, get more sources for industrial lubricants and fuel and paper/cloth alternatives. I also would have utilized natural gas as a transportation fuel and employed more/every available alternative energy strategies.

Silly senerio

Europe, Russia, China, could easily fill the food supply void

Silly senerio

Europe, Russia, China, could easily fill the food supply void

I don't think so. Do the homework on the populations and the amount of land available and they can't fill the gap. Not even close.

This thread reminded me of an e-mail I received some time ago so I went and dug it up.
I don't know the author, or anything about the e-mail, other than it's written by some pissed off house wife in Canada. But it does capture how many/most people I know feel on the subject.

Written by a housewife in New Brunswick , to her local newspaper. This is
one ticked off lady.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not
started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 and
have continually threatened to do so since?
Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in
downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the nation's capitol and in a
field in Pennsylvania ?
Did nearly thr ee thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning
or crushing death that day, or didn't they?
And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured
by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in
a brutal insurgency.
I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for
incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start
caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by
beheading in Afghanistan.
I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off
Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.
I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out
and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding
in Mosques.
I'll care when the mindless zealots who blows themselves up in search of
nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide
bombs.
I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of
speech on stories is more important than the lives of the=2 0soldiers on the
ground or their families waiting a home to hear about them when something
happens.
In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up
an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.
When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to
move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank . I
don't care.
When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and
fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that
his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your
heart of hearts: I don't care.
And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and
other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it, I don't care!!
If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your e-mail friends
sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous
behaviour!
If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you
choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed
by radical Muslims happen here in our great country!
And may I add:
'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference
in the world. But, the soldiers don't have that problem.'
I have another quote that I would like to add, AND.......I hope you
forward all this.
One last thought for the day:
Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The Canadian Soldier..
3. The British Soldier.
4. The US Soldier, and
5. The Australian Soldier
One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

Define passionate.

If laws were broken people should answer for them.

If people were obeying unlawful orders those who gave those orders ought faces charges.

Thoughts???

Politically, I suspect going after Bush II crimes will further polarize this nation.

Sad, but true.

Partisans will allow anything if the think their team is doing it.

Failure to go after government crime merely assures us that behavior will not only happen again, but it will get worse.

Last edited:
Eric Benedict Arnold Holder -- Can you believe this silly man? Charge the CIA, hold court and question all the operatives that are responsible for protecting the good people of our country. Disclose our secrets for the enemy, and you can be sure the leftist liberal press will report them.

Reminds me of the idiot Congressman Andrew J. May who released highly confidential military information during World War II. U.S. submarines had been conducting a successful undersea war against Japanese shipping during World War II, frequently escaping Japanese anti-submarine depth charge attacks by going deep. However, the deficiencies of Japanese depth-charge tactics were revealed in a press conference held in June 1943 by Congressman May on his return from a war zone junket. At this press conference, May revealed the highly sensitive fact that American submarines had a high survival rate because Japanese depth charges were typically set to explode at too shallow a depth. Various press associations sent this leaked news story over their wires and many newspapers (including one in Honolulu, Hawaii), published it.

Japanese naval forces heard of May's security breach and adjusted their depth charges to explode at a more effective depth. A furious Vice Admiral Charles A. Lockwood, commander of the U.S. submarine fleet in the Pacific, later said that May's security breach cost the United States Navy as many as ten submarines and 800 crewmen killed in action.

When people are put in a corner and see something is terribly wrong, the most common defense is "who cares".

When people are put in a corner and see something is terribly wrong, the most common defense is "who cares".

I'm not sure about that, "Bush did it" must be as common by now.

I disagree, more common is "its Obama's fault". You would be surprised how many times his name apprears on EVERYTHING.

It doesnt matter what forum, sports, technology, everything.

Somehow his name is mentioned.

I'm not really wanting an investigation, not now. But if it's going to happen, better for it to be done by the pros (and hopefully by the book) than the grotesque three-ring media circus that is Congress and their threats to do it themselves. What a travesty that would be!

Forum List

Back