Does a theory have to be "falsifiable?"

The problem with science is that it is limited to that which the senses can detect which is to say data. But what if the Data are wrong or misleading? The more we learn about this universe the less we trully seem to know. Every answer yields yet more questions.

From a Christian persective if salvation is to be by Grace and Grace alone then God cannot be directly provable by either human science or human reason. Ergot there must be some other seemingly logical alternative to 'God did it."

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here. If you saying that science should seek only natural explanations since any "evidence" of supernatural intervention would contradict your doctrine of faith, then I don't see any disagreement between us. Science is limited to data and data can be wrong- although it is more likely that the analysis of the data is wrong, rather than the actual data. Science understands this as well. Part of science is willingness to accept information that contradicts or refutes longstanding previously held ideas. It is part of the error correcting mechnasim of science. But ideas are not accepted just because they are different. New ideas must earn their credibility. I fail to see how this is a "problem" with science.

Forum List

Back