Does a LGBT person have to chose between being LGBT and being Christian?

So, anyone who is divorced must remain celebate until his/her spouse dies? Even if a divorced person marries again in a civil ceremony, he or she is still "living in sin" unless this person's first spouse has died.

We don't know who these people are who make these rules, anyway, regardless of which denomination one belongs to. These folks just identify themselves as "The Church," when they are just human beings like all the rest of us. No less and no more.

Anyway, It's ridiculous to think that anyone has to choose between being Christian and who s/he was born to be; absolutely absurd. Besides, Christianity involves only a direct and private relationship with the Supreme Being regardless of sexual orientation, which does not involve a third party.

Moreover, Christianity was turned into a religion revolving around sex rather than Jesus very early on rather than living up to its much higher potential, and that's a shame.

This will shock you, but you are not required to know about and approve of the rules that other people live by. The question here is what Christianity believes, not what YOU personally, in your vaunted (by you) "wisdom and morality" think it should believe.

You may not approve of Christians thinking of themselves as "the Church", but we really don't require your permission.

It's ridiculous to think that someone who spits on Christianity also thinks they get to preach about its tenets.

That's what I want to know.

My own religion, Catholicism, teaches that all sexual relations, except between a man and a woman who are married, not using birth control, is sinful.

So MOST sexual stuff, including masturbation and oral sex, is sinful.

That obviously includes homosexuality as well.

I would assume most other Christian denominations have similar rules.

So a Christian church that ACCEPTS homosexuals and says YOU DON"T HAVE TO CHANGE, is not being truthful to Christian teachings.

However, the state of being homosexual is not sinful, it is only sinful to ACT ON IT.

The Catholic Church teaches that homosexuals are called to be abstinent.

Is that a teaching that any homosexual can accept?
Your OP sets up a false dichotomy logical fallacy by pushing the agenda that it has to be either or.

False Dichotomy-Explanations and Examples

There are also a couple of appeal to ignorance fallacies that are obvious, such as by stating that
a Christian church that ACCEPTS homosexuals and says YOU DON"T HAVE TO CHANGE, is not being truthful to Christian teachings and assuming that being LGBT is in fact a choice,

My own religion, Catholicism, teaches that all sexual relations, except between a man and a woman who are married, not using birth control, is sinful.

So a Christian church that ACCEPTS homosexuals and says YOU DON"T HAVE TO CHANGE, is not being truthful to Christian teachings.

However, the state of being homosexual is not sinful, it is only sinful to ACT ON IT.

Your OP sets up a false dichotomy logical fallacy by pushing the agenda that it has to be either or.

There are also a couple of appeal to ignorance fallacies that are obvious, such as by stating that
a Christian church that ACCEPTS homosexuals and says YOU DON"T HAVE TO CHANGE, is not being truthful to Christian teachings and assuming that being LGBT is in fact a choice,

A fake argument based on the stupid' we're born that way' myth, backed by no real science, just some propaganda from pedophile friendly con artists.

A fake argument based on the stupid' we're born that way' myth, backed by no real science, just some propaganda from pedophile friendly con artists.
I would try to school you but you are to invested in your ignorance to allow yourself to be challenged by facts the you might not like.

Then why do homosexuals oppose Christianity?

Then why do homosexuals oppose Christianity?
Please provide some examples of how "homosexuals" as a group oppose Christianity. Take your time.

Yes. They have a lot of homosexuals.

Homosexuality and pedophilia simply are not the same thing, really, nor are they correlated in any way.

So, what do you suppose the societal or cultural structural issue is that would harbor so many male predators, and so few female predators? And why such a preference for little boys, and not little girls?

Yes. They have a lot of homosexuals.

Homosexuality and pedophilia simply are not the same thing, really, nor are they correlated in any way.

So, what do you suppose the societal or cultural structural issue is that would harbor so many male predators, and so few female predators? And why such a preference for little boys, and not little girls?

Because they are homosexuals.

Forum List

Back