Dodger is now an it!!!!

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
We got our dog,Dodger neutered Tuesday and boy did he take it hard. Some people told me their dogs bounced right back the same day,but he was sick the whole night and a good part of the next day. He didn't start feeling better until I called the vet Wednesday and he said I could give him an aspirin every 12 hours. He also had his extra toes(one his back feet) removed. I think he was just really sore. I know one thing,and that is that his privates look pretty damn sore too!!!! He is doing better today although he sits once in a while when he runs roo much. ANyone else had those extra toes on their dogs back feet removed? Dodgers where very big and were getting caught on things.

Tell my goofy brother he ever hangs up on me again I'm going to make him an it! :crutch:

:rotflmao:

krisy said:
We got our dog,Dodger neutered Tuesday and boy did he take it hard. Some people told me their dogs bounced right back the same day,but he was sick the whole night and a good part of the next day. He didn't start feeling better until I called the vet Wednesday and he said I could give him an aspirin every 12 hours. He also had his extra toes(one his back feet) removed. I think he was just really sore. I know one thing,and that is that his privates look pretty damn sore too!!!! He is doing better today although he sits once in a while when he runs roo much. ANyone else had those extra toes on their dogs back feet removed? Dodgers where very big and were getting caught on things.

Yes Krisy!

We decided years ago to adopt from the pound, I wanted to spare a dog from being put down. He had to be neutered before he left and he also had his extra toes removed too! I picked him up the next day and nearly shit, he was practically falling over and looked like he was going to die. I was so upset - I held him on my lap in the car and it was just the most pitiful thing to watch him in the condition he was. He too after a few days seemed to bounce back though. I think taking their manlihood away does something to them!

janeeng said:
Yes Krisy!

We decided years ago to adopt from the pound, I wanted to spare a dog from being put down. He had to be neutered before he left and he also had his extra toes removed too! I picked him up the next day and nearly shit, he was practically falling over and looked like he was going to die. I was so upset - I held him on my lap in the car and it was just the most pitiful thing to watch him in the condition he was. He too after a few days seemed to bounce back though. I think taking their manlihood away does something to them!

IF males take it this hard,I wonder how hard it is for females?!!! I guess they are just like people,some take the surgery hard and some don't. Either way,it looks painful!!!!!

khafley said:
Tell my goofy brother he ever hangs up on me again I'm going to make him an it! :crutch:

:rotflmao:

Isn't he a pain in the ass?!!!! I will relay your message. He thought he was pretty funny.

:bang3: :funnyface

krisy said:
IF males take it this hard,I wonder how hard it is for females?!!! I guess they are just like people,some take the surgery hard and some don't. Either way,it looks painful!!!!!

I just got my female dachsund (sp?) spayed about two weeks ago. The first night all she did was lay, she wouldnt walk at all. The next day she'd go small steps then stop and rest. by the 2nd day, she was back to her good ol hyperactive self.

The hardest part for me was trying to keep her away from the stitches...

lilcountriegal said:
I just got my female dachsund (sp?) spayed about two weeks ago. The first night all she did was lay, she wouldnt walk at all. The next day she'd go small steps then stop and rest. by the 2nd day, she was back to her good ol hyperactive self.

The hardest part for me was trying to keep her away from the stitches...

I know what you mean,Dodger has licked his quite a bit. The vet some some licking was o.k.,but if it got excessice,we would have to put what I like to call a "lampshade" collar on him. Dodger too about 3 or 4 days to act completely normal. He still licks a little ,but is on the mend. Funny thing,when the vet called to check on him,he told me the stitches were inside. I didn't know that is how they did this. Learn something new everyday!!!! I'm glad it's done. $150.00 later!!!! 35 for the dw(sp?) claw removal and 105 for the neuter.

mine was only $70 bucks. $60 for the spay and $10 for the permanent tattoo dog license.

I was hoping they were going to put those stitches in that fall out on their own... the last thing I wanted was to have to run her back to the vet to get them out (its a nice hike to my vet). Luckily my boyfriend works for EMS and took the stitches out for me.

The vet told us (my sister and I both have weener dogs from the same litter) that if they messed with the stitches too much to rub Vicks around (not on) where the stitches are and that should help keep them away from it. My dog just licked the Vicks off then went to town...

One way or the other, im sure glad its over!

Forum List

Back