Dodge Dart R/T

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
Yeah I'm plugging a new forum of ours BUT I'm actually buying the R/T, so join me over on the Dodge Dart Forums if you are thinking about buying this car or in fact buying it. I'd love to see you there. My handle is the same. If you sign up please introduce yourself!!

BTW the site looks pretty awesome (well in my opinion)

Mopar man
I was always fond of the Roadrunner
Love the old Mopars. Friend of mine owned a Blue 'Cuda

'69 Daytona (440 6-pack) with the "wing" was a good one - a friend of mine had one of those. An orange one.

Talk about "swilling" gas.

If I was shopping, I wouldn't mind a '67 GTO either...

That was my favorite year - things started going to hell in '68.

I had a '67 Galaxie - 2 door fastback, white.

The following year - the famed 289 was re-done as a 302....

The rest is downhill.

FWD didn't come around until the 80's.
I think the only thing with FWD back in the day was an Oldsmobile Toronado.
I'd kill for one of these....

oldsmobile_toronado_1966_1.jpg

FWD didn't come around until the 80's.
I think the only thing with FWD back in the day was an Oldsmobile Toronado.
I'd kill for one of these....

oldsmobile_toronado_1966_1.jpg

Did you see the one that Jay Leno had built. Converted to RWD and it has a 1000hp engine under the hood.

Damn thing screams!!

Yep...saw Leno's. I use to ride around in a brand new Toronado a friend had back in the day. Not...that impressive a car, but the novelty and the technology of the thing was COOL.

My first BRAND NEW Mopar was a 1972 Duster with a small block. Yep...I'm an old guy. LOL

After a couple grand of go fast parts and a bunch of busted knuckles...it pulled the front wheels off the line and did a sub 12 second 1/4 mile with fat street tires. LOVED that thing. And yes, I did that to a BRAND NEW CAR! Warranties stunk back then anyway. LOL

I still have a 67 Dodge Coronet. Still have all the original parts in the shed, but I HAD to build a small block that bangs out a NASTY lick an makes about 375 HP. It's got AC, power steering and brakes, factory tint...and is a BLAST to drive.

I've had a 67 Dart, a 69 Dart, a 68 Cuda...well, let's just say, I love OLD MOPARS!!! ;~)

Glad to know there are other gear heads on USMB.

1967-1968-chrysler-300-2d-hardtop-and-convertible-1.jpg

My car in high school , big as a whale and drank gas like crazy.
Chrysler 300

1967-1968-chrysler-300-2d-hardtop-and-convertible-1.jpg

My car in high school , big as a whale and drank gas like crazy.
Chrysler 300

Cool ol' car! Those things were land barges! LOL

Ya know what though. If you do an OLD 318 right...they will make over 300 HP and STILL get over 20 mpg.

The trick is....leave the stock heads on (with some polishing and updated hardware of course, but stock valves), stock bore pistons, go with a sequential kick 4 barrel carb that you can change the jets on, then go with smaller jets in the front and feed the beast when you want to go-go with the back two jets. The right cam, intake, carb, piston combination and you WILL get 22-23 mpg.

Heck, most new full size SUV's and Pickups won't do better than that...and they ain't NEAR as much fun! LOL

Yeah I'm plugging a new forum of ours BUT I'm actually buying the R/T, so join me over on the Dodge Dart Forums if you are thinking about buying this car or in fact buying it. I'd love to see you there. My handle is the same. If you sign up please introduce yourself!!

BTW the site looks pretty awesome (well in my opinion)

My first car was a '68 Dodge Coronet 440. I wish I still had it. :(

Looked like this except it was fire engine red and didn't have a vinyl top.

View attachment 19649

Last edited:
My first car was a '68 Dodge Coronet 440. I wish I still had it. :(

Looked like this except it was fire engine red and didn't have a vinyl top.

View attachment 19649

LOVE that body style! It's the body that made full size sexy! ;~)

Actually, they were mid size for the day, but definitely the best looking body style put out by anybody in 68 OR 69 for my money.

I bought it from the little old lady next door who drove it to work and church. True story! :thup:

I bought it from the little old lady next door who drove it to work and church. True story! :thup:

LOL...you and my dad. He always had a knack for finding those cars. I WISH I was that lucky. I always end up bleedin' from the knuckles for mine. ;~)

A friend had a '68 440 Coronet. His was that dark green Chrysler had back then. NOT the prettiest color Chrysler ever came up with, but still WAY better lookin' the that root beer color my current '67 was when I got it! LOL

Another friend had and STILL HAS to this day, a 69' Super Bee with the 440 magnum that he bought new. It's the same color blue as the one in that picture you posted. I use to poke fun at him for babying that thing. We were always running our hotrods, but he never would.

Guess that's why he still has that cool old car and all mine are LONG GONE! ;~)

His is the fully dressed magnum Super Bee with that 4 speed with the big ol' pistol grip shifter, leather interior...the whole 9 yards. I haven't seen it lately, but it didn't have but like 50,000 mile on it a few years ago and it still looks brand new. Bet that thing would go for 80 grand nowadays!

Heck, yours might would be worth 20 grand or more now. Seeing the prices these cool old mopars are going for...REALLY makes me wish I'd taken better care of mine! ;~0

Forum List

Back