Dodd to announce retirement tomorrow

And my earlier prediction comes true...

Richard Blumenthal, the popular Connecticut attorney general, announced on Wednesday that he would seek the United States Senate seat being vacated by Christopher J. Dodd, suddenly altering the dynamic of an already volatile race.

Mr. Blumenthal’s move came just hours after Mr. Dodd, a fellow Democrat, ended his bid for re-election amid growing signs that his recent political troubles might cost the party a seat it has held for nearly half a century.

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal Will Seek Dodd’s Seat - NYTimes.com

And Blumenthal's entry turns this race from a toss-up to a safe one for Democrats.

Blumenthal 59- Simmons 28 (last poll against Dodd showed Simmons up 44-40)
Blumenthal 60 - McMahon 28 (last poll against Dodd was 43-43)
Blumenthal 63 - Schiff 23 (last poll against Dodd was Dodd up 44-37)

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_CT_106925424.pdf

And my earlier prediction comes true...

Richard Blumenthal, the popular Connecticut attorney general, announced on Wednesday that he would seek the United States Senate seat being vacated by Christopher J. Dodd, suddenly altering the dynamic of an already volatile race.

Mr. Blumenthal’s move came just hours after Mr. Dodd, a fellow Democrat, ended his bid for re-election amid growing signs that his recent political troubles might cost the party a seat it has held for nearly half a century.

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal Will Seek Dodd’s Seat - NYTimes.com

And Blumenthal's entry turns this race from a toss-up to a safe one for Democrats.

Blumenthal 59- Simmons 28 (last poll against Dodd showed Simmons up 44-40)
Blumenthal 60 - McMahon 28 (last poll against Dodd was 43-43)
Blumenthal 63 - Schiff 23 (last poll against Dodd was Dodd up 44-37)

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_CT_106925424.pdf

Your "prediction" was all over the internet the minute Dodd leaked the story of his retirement, so it wasn't much of a leap.

At any rate, I don't care which party wins the seat, I am just glad to see Dodd go.

The media reports were that he may run, not that he would run.

Forum List

Back