Dodd calls Mccain a distraction At bailout meeting

can't people edit the information on Wiki at will? What fool would rely on that? oh not wait..........

That's why I pointed out that he used Wiki as his source. Although the information on that particular article is actually current, it's funny that it absolutely repeats what I had already said. Whoever Truthmatters is...he's a dumbass.

That was your history lesson? A link to an article on Wikipedia which backed what I already stated?

Good job. The Obama team is proud to have people like you on their side. :clap2:

They said he showed bad judgement.

Then you see people will find out just what it was he showed bad judgement for.

McCain and Keating had become personal friends following their initial contacts in 1981,[11] and McCain was the closest socially to Keating of the five senators.[24] Like DeConcini, McCain considered Keating a constituent as he lived in Arizona.[22] Between 1982 and 1987, McCain had received $112,000 in political contributions from Keating and his associates.[25] In addition, McCain's wife Cindy McCain and her father Jim Hensley had invested $359,100 in a Keating shopping center in April 1986, a year before McCain met with the regulators. McCain, his family, and their baby-sitter had made nine trips at Keating's expense, sometimes aboard Keating's jet. Three of the trips were made during vacations to Keating's opulent Bahamas retreat at Cat Cay. McCain did not pay Keating (in the amount of $13,433) for some of the trips until years after they were taken, when he learned that Keating was in trouble over Lincoln.[7][26]

Last edited:
WASHINGTON – Sen. John McCain's self-portrait as a bold leader willing to set politics aside to save an endangered financial bailout plan took a pounding Thursday from top Democrats and even some fellow Republicans.

His efforts to re-energize his presidential campaign will partly turn on who wins the public relations battle, destined to play out for days.

Top Democrats in Congress ridiculed McCain's claim Wednesday that negotiations were going nowhere, necessitating his hasty return to Washington to intervene while suspending his campaign.

"It was somewhat stunning" to receive McCain's phone call with that message, said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. Talks were proceeding fine without him, Reid said.

Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the chief House Democrat on the bill, said, "all of a sudden, now that we are on the verge of making a deal, John McCain airdrops himself to help us make the deal."....

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told reporters that McCain called her and urged the White House meeting because "nothing was happening and there was no progress being made on all of this." His presence only added a photo opp with Bush for him.

"And I said, 'Well, Senator, I have good news for you.'" Pelosi said. "'Quite a bit has been done.'"

Even the House's Republican leader, John Boehner of Ohio, passed up a chance to praise McCain's leadership powers shortly before the two

Dems, some in GOP question McCain's intervention - Yahoo! News

jhg

Why is McCain there anyway. He hasn't used a calcualtor for years and knows little to nothing about economics.

Forum List

Back