Dodd calls Mccain a distraction At bailout meeting

jschuck12001

Sep 5, 2008
Florida
Seems like congress had a core deal that was semi agreed upon last night but was shot down today by the Republicans because they dont like that fact the proceeds (if any) from this bailout will go to the taxpayers. Dodd says Mccain had another deal floating around that some of them didnt know about. Dodd said Mccain is politically grandstanding and pissing off Dems and Republicans. I know we havent seen the bill but for those of you who wanted to see a return on your investment , well if its up to the Republicans it wont happen.

Last edited:
I gotta tell ya one thing. The Dems provide unlimited cheap entertainment. Poor old Dodd. got a new twist in his pretzel...:eusa_angel:

I gotta tell ya one thing. The Dems provide unlimited cheap entertainment. Poor old Dodd. got a new twist in his pretzel...:eusa_angel:

One of your Republican buddies (Bob corker R Tennessee)was just on the news saying he supported the bill but "we need to move the theater, before we can get something done" He also said Mccain and Obama havent done much of anything except "provide focus". It seems like this whole political scam by Mccain is prolonging the decision according to Dems and Republicans and they wish they would just go away.

Seems like congress had a core deal that was semi agreed upon last night but was shot down today by the Republicans because they dont like that fact the proceeds (if any) from this bailout will go to the taxpayers. Dodd says Mccain had another deal floating around that some of them didnt know about. Dodd said Mccain is politically grandstanding and pissing off Dems and Republicans. I know we havent seen the bill but for those of you who wanted to see a return on your investment , well if its up to the Republicans it wont happen.

Chris Dodd should be grateful for distractions. nice try.

No, and he was honest enough admit both candidates are in the way, instead of being a partisan hack like Dodd.

Yeah but Obama didnt want to be there, Bush dragged him there because if this thing falls apart he wants to make sure they both take the wrap instead of just Mccain.

It was McCain who was grandstanding on this little adventure and not Obama.

McCain is terrified that the Keating 5 scandal will be brought up in the debate.

Yeah but Obama didnt want to be there, Bush dragged him there because if this thing falls apart he wants to make sure they both take the wrap instead of just Mccain.

Of course Obama didn't want to be there. That's his political mantra, "Stay away, don't vote, and no one can blame you for what goes wrong."

Chris Dodd should be grateful for distractions. nice try.

Hey,

Well these are the only people who have actually spoke on the matter, seems like everyone is keeping to themselves. The few that did speak say it was a "contentious" meeting. Which sounds like they are on completely different playing fields.

One of your Republican buddies (Bob corker R Tennessee)was just on the news saying he supported the bill but "we need to move the theater, before we can get something done" He also said Mccain and Obama havent done much of anything except "provide focus". It seems like this whole political scam by Mccain is prolonging the decision according to Dems and Republicans and they wish they would just go away.

well they could use a little focus donchathink?

That was your history lesson? A link to an article on Wikipedia which backed what I already stated?

Good job. The Obama team is proud to have people like you on their side. :clap2:

can't people edit the information on Wiki at will? What fool would rely on that? oh not wait..........

Forum List

Back