Dodd: Administration pushed for language protecting bonuses

I totally agree and could not have stated it better. It's the dog and pony show now with the administration running for cover. Those idiots in congress and the senate voted for the stimulus package, therefore they voted for the bonuses. Of course, none of them had a chance to read it before they signed on. That will be the next excuse, " Obama did not give me the time to read the bill, so it's his fault." It's all their faults, with the exception of those who did not sign, they were the smart ones.

I totally agree and could not have stated it better. It's the dog and pony show now with the administration running for cover. Those idiots in congress and the senate voted for the stimulus package, therefore they voted for the bonuses. Of course, none of them had a chance to read it before they signed on. That will be the next excuse, " Obama did not give me the time to read the bill, so it's his fault." It's all their faults, with the exception of those who did not sign, they were the smart ones.

Yup. Anyone here think this is all just a 'coincidence'?

October 8, 2002

Gramm Joining UBS; LaFalce to SEC Panel?
Sen. Phil Gramm, R-Texas, a one-time chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, is joining UBS Warburg as its vice chairman. Sen. Gramm, who will retire early next year, co-authored the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which eliminated legal barriers that separated banks from securities firms. A frequent critic of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Bank System, Sen. Gramm will be joining a firm that has made quite a bit of money the past two years off the mortgage market, especially in regard to subprime lending/securitization. Meanwhile, the ranking Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee, Rep. John LaFalce, D-N.Y., is being considered for a seat on a newly created federal board to oversee the accounting industry. Rep. LaFalce, who is retiring, was contacted by the Securities and Exchange Commission, which is putting the panel together.

National Mortgage News - MortgageWire Archive

the guy cashed in after doing their bidding huh?

Gee I guess it paid off for Gramm

Forum List

Back