Doctrine of Reason

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Septimus, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. Septimus
    Offline

    Septimus Rookie

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Thanks Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +2
    Doctrine of Reason
    or
    Immutable Truths


    Capitalism is responsible for the greatest economies in the world.
    Socialism is responsible for the worst.

    The first act of every tyrannical ruler has been the revoking of the right to firearms.
    Hitler. Stalin. Mao. Castro. Hussein. Every one.

    The most wealthy 5% provide jobs for the other 95%
    The middle-class and the poor do not create jobs.

    The more money consumers have, the more money they spend.
    Spending money fixes economies.

    A person is smart.
    People are dumb.
    The government is made up of people.

    Politicians lie.

    The nations of the world do not want the best for you.
    They want the best for them.

    The greatest achievements in history were fueled by self-interest.
    Architecture. Nuclear power. Plastic. Computers. Air conditioning. Plumbing.

    You have/had a mommy.
    Do not pay taxes for a second one, especially one who is incompetent.

    Freedom is not a privilege.
    Personal liberties are not yours to give away.
    Other people are happy the way they are.


    My name is __________________ and I have read and understood the above points before even considering voting.



    _____________________________________________ Signature
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Care4all
    Offline

    Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2007
    Messages:
    32,797
    Thanks Received:
    6,625
    Trophy Points:
    1,170
    Location:
    Maine
    Ratings:
    +11,112
    the 5% most wealthy provide jobs for 95%?

    man oh man have you been brainwashed to believe something so blatently untrue!

    80% of the jobs and economy for that matter, in the USA are SMALL businesses/self employed!
     
  3. midcan5
    Offline

    midcan5 liberal / progressive

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2007
    Messages:
    10,795
    Thanks Received:
    2,367
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Location:
    Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    Another brain dead stooge.

    "The elite, the most powerful, influential, and wealthy individuals among us, have essentially succeeded in creating the most important element in sustaining their perpetual control: eternally loyal, anti-thinking, slave-followers, fundamentally hostile to any kind of meaningful thought, perhaps as much as eighty percent of the world's population. For the purposes of keeping this article short enough for publication, my comments here are limited to Americans."

    It's the Stupidity, Stupid! | CommonDreams.org
     
  4. AVG-JOE
    Offline

    AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2008
    Messages:
    22,889
    Thanks Received:
    4,884
    Trophy Points:
    260
    Location:
    Your Imagination
    Ratings:
    +7,020
    Capitalism is also responsible for 2 global financial system failures in less than 100 years now.

    Perhaps a hybrid system is warranted?

    What if Banking and Insurance - and only banking and insurance were nationalized?

    They're not exactly productive enterprises, more like necessary evils - kind of like government.

    Before you rail against all government, pretend for a moment that you have no reason to trust your food supply, just one of the things that We The People set enforceable standards for.

    -Joe
     
  5. editec
    Offline

    editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Messages:
    41,427
    Thanks Received:
    5,598
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Maine
    Ratings:
    +5,618

    True
    Debateable, but certainly true in the XXth century

    Well...not really. The Iraq were some of the most heavily armed people in the world even while Hussein was their dark overlord.

    And the 95% provide the wealth to the other 5%. When that system works well it's a wonderfully symbiotic social relationship.


    You have been misinformed. Far more people work for very small businesses of the middle class than for all the major corporations combined. Major corporations employ about 12% of the working population.

    Well...when consumers have enough money they typically save about 5% of it -- if you study the history of savings in this nation, at least.

    Depends on what its being spent on.

    Half of them are smarter than the other half, that's for damned sure

    People have a 100 IQ

    So are private businesses

    Everybody lies

    Kill my landlord! Kill my landlord!


    For an alternate view of the world See: HTML, JAVA, every language spoken by mankind, all mathamatics, and motherhood.

    That's what servants are for, right?

    Okay

    Or take away, either.

    Thought for the day: never trust a smiling dog.


    Sorry, sport. I don't sign loyalty oaths.
     
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  6. Kevin_Kennedy
    Offline

    Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    Messages:
    17,590
    Thanks Received:
    1,581
    Trophy Points:
    205
    Location:
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I agree with some of that.
     
  7. Septimus
    Offline

    Septimus Rookie

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Thanks Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +2
    Wal-Mart Stores
    Chevron
    Exxon Mobil
    ING Group
    Royal Dutch Shell
    Total
    BP
    General Motors
    Toyota Motor
    ConocoPhillips

    Not a small business among them. These are the top ten.

    Enjoy actual facts. A strange thing in a strange time, to be sure.
     
  8. Ravi
    Offline

    Ravi Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    Messages:
    81,423
    Thanks Received:
    12,698
    Trophy Points:
    2,205
    Location:
    Hating Hatters
    Ratings:
    +29,855
    It's more true to say that the top 5% make money off the bottom 95%.
     
  9. Septimus
    Offline

    Septimus Rookie

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Thanks Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +2
    "Well...not really. The Iraq were some of the most heavily armed people in the world even while Hussein was their dark overlord."

    Your facts are incorrect. Also, even if you were correct, your Hussein example denounces Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Castro, etc?

    Does it denounce the fact that just before the Rwanda Massacre and the Ottoman Turkey massacre the right to personal arms were taken away?

    Read history books before you vote. Before you eat breakfast. Read, read, read and enjoy the fruits of being correct.
     
  10. Septimus
    Offline

    Septimus Rookie

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Thanks Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +2
    'It's more true to say that the top 5% make money off the bottom 95%."

    Is that unfair? Are we in preschool again? Nowhere in the Constitution is "fairness" guaranteed.

    The person taking the risks and building the economy and creating the jobs should be making money. The man who has no more drive than to work in a cubicle and play it safe should not be making money.

    That man is lazy; it is not the duty of the successful and the driven to reward the lazy and vision-less.

    That is the job of your mommy. That is the job of the preschool teacher. It is not the duty of the successful.
     

Share This Page