Doctors Quitting - Wonderful

We'll be seeing a new generation of doctors bred to conform to bureaucratic requirements.

They'll have about the mindset of the nurse who not only denied the asthmatic boy his inhaler but didn't have the presence of mind to at least call 911 to come and help the boy she wouldn't help.

i know 3 different doctors, 2 retired early because of this government intrusion, and one went to work at the va. those 3 doctors are already missed

one of those doctors took one look at a family member and knew immediately what the matter was after years of tests ect......skilled and gone.

isn't working for the va, working for big government? :lol:

thank you!

Working for the VA is probably easier to do, rather than to have the gov't dictate how you run your own office.
:dunno:

I asked one of my doctors aboout this and he says he now intends to retire within two years. This is not bullshit. They work too hard and have paid their dues to not to have the rewards they have expected. He's a very skilled doctor and will be missed.

I know 3 different Doctors, 2 retired early because of this government intrusion, and one went to work at the VA. Those 3 Doctors are already missed

One of those Doctors took one look at a family member and knew immediately what the matter was after years of tests ect......skilled and gone.

Isn't working for the VA, working for big government? :lol:

It is sure money,, he will no longer have to wait for the government to decide to pay him and under ACA, he and other Dr.s will have to wait for approval of their money from ACA.

Being a private practitioner of medicine holds a lot of liability these days. He no longer has to carry a huge amount of malpractice insurance

Geez some of you can't think no further than the end of your own noses

Even Sniperfire has said that 83% is a "stretch" based off the actual report. So year, they pulled it out of their ass.

Start a "neg rep whine" fest, asswipe.

Why? did someone important neg me?

You seem to think I give a shit about rep. If I did, I would have negged you. I have in fact negged no one and the ONLY person to bring up rep in this thread, was you.

What does that say about you, coward?

Because you are being intellectually dishonest?

I know 3 different Doctors, 2 retired early because of this government intrusion, and one went to work at the VA. Those 3 Doctors are already missed

One of those Doctors took one look at a family member and knew immediately what the matter was after years of tests ect......skilled and gone.

It is sure money,, he will no longer have to wait for the government to decide to pay him and under ACA, he and other Dr.s will have to wait for approval of their money from ACA.

Being a private practitioner of medicine holds a lot of liability these days. He no longer has to carry a huge amount of malpractice insurance

Because they don't want to.... they knew what ya meant.

Youve made the mistake of thinking the ACA is the insurer, it is not. It only dictates the rules by which insurers have to play by, ie, how much of the premiums MUST be paid out in actual CARE.

The ACA is NOT the government is paying for Health Care. That would be a single payer system, which the ACA does not provide.

Not if we use MC as our Guide. No the "wise" People who wrote that law, Included in the language that the Government must pay all Claims with in 30 Days with out Delay, then if they suspect Fraud they can go after it, after the Fact. Which of course has led to massive MC fraud.

No reason to think they were any smarter this time around.

Youve made the mistake of thinking the ACA is the insurer, it is not. It only dictates the rules by which insurers have to play by, ie, how much of the premiums MUST be paid out in actual CARE.

The ACA is NOT the government is paying for Health Care. That would be a single payer system, which the ACA does not provide.

You are Very ignorant dude. One of the largest Parts of the ACA is a Massive expansion of MC, who exactly pays for that again?

Can you please cite the provision in the ACA that the government is the one that pays them and that the government is the one that decides to pay him? Thanks in advance!

Hmm. So, growing up I sat next to the class clown on one side, the junior sorority club & frat party happening on the other, and while they partied every weekend I sat at home studying my calculus and advanced biology courses, earning my 3.93 gpa. Then onto college and more of the same. To med school and the intensity and long hours nearly drained every ounce of life from me, while my parents and I fretted over the growing liability that was my student loan balance. Years passed and I admit that it all seemed worthwhile after the practice I joined rewarded my efforts with an income that made my Dad both jealous and extremely proud. A Doctor. It's been a nice ride.
I am not a doctor.....but I think you get the point.

We'll be seeing a new generation of doctors bred to conform to bureaucratic requirements.

They'll have about the mindset of the nurse who not only denied the asthmatic boy his inhaler but didn't have the presence of mind to at least call 911 to come and help the boy she wouldn't help.

Why the physician shortage is a perfect storm

Generation X

Ah, my favorite generation. Generation X has a reputation of being like the honey badger…”don’t care…takes what it wants”.

But this is not entirely accurate. If you currently have a physician that falls into the Generation X demographic, you would be well advised to hang on to them. GenX doctors are not able to retire yet, though many would like to. We still have medical school loans. Many of us have chosen to practice in rural areas in return for loan forgiveness. For political reasons, the State of Texas defaulted on us in 2011, cutting those programs out from under us after we were already established. Is it any wonder we are skeptical of the government? We are professional, but disillusionment will occur and attrition will soon follow.

As a rule, GenX physicians love our patients, our peers, nurses, staff and our work. But times are different now, and we refuse to work 80-hour workweeks like the Boomers did at our age. It drives our Hospital Administrators crazy. But, we crave a moment’s peace. Like everyone, we strive for work/life balance. We also have more female physicians than the Boomer generation, and we want to be mothers and fathers and soccer coaches and church choir members, etc. So, what you see is more part time work arrangements. GenX has a lot of doctors, but we work fewer hours and see fewer patients per capita than the Boomers did at our age. It is a perfect storm for a physician shortage.

Its meant to. You can do that really easy when you dont have to base the fear in actual facts.

If you had read some of the overview on the survey, you would perhaps not have come across as such an ignorant ass.:

Physician Attitudes Survey - June 2012 | Doctor Patient Medical Association

First, lets TRY to actually use our own brains here, shall we?

83% of doctors are going to quit doctoring and do what? Become truck drivers? Bullshit.

second, why would they quit? The Affordable Care Act changes nothing for DOCTORS. It changes INSURANCE. not CARE. so its bullshit again

Third, The article embeds a link to Jerimiah Wright saying that theres ALIEN DNA in Oabamas brain...is it the Greys? Was he abducted and experimented on? Maybe his mother then? Cmon Sniper, even youre not dumb enough to fall for this obvious bullshit story.

For a second, I thought it was The Onion.

Apt word for it!
:lmao:

Doctors are set to see (at least) a 30% increase in patient load, with no plans in place to increase staff.
:clap2:

Can you please cite the provision in the ACA that the government is the one that pays them and that the government is the one that decides to pay him? Thanks in advance!

Have you ever read the bill shit for Brains, one of the ways they cover all the uninsured now, is by Asking the States to Expand access to MC. You do know who pays for MC right?

Wow I mean you guys run around like Experts on the ACA, and do not even understand the basics of it.

This is one of the Most Nonsensical Rants I have ever heard. Private insurance Companies have always, and will always have Motivation to limit Bureaucracy and Maximize Profits. The aim of the ACA was never to save money by Making Insurance Companies "decrease the Bureaucracy" that's Pure Fiction on your Part, and it highlights your Complete Ignorance of how the Private Sector Works, as well as your Complete Ignorance of the Very Bill you defend. The Bill will add People to the Insurance Companies rolls, and they will add even More Bureaucracy to handle it. Seems you are batting 1000, on being completely wrong.

I mean seriously you must be going for the Moron of the week award with that Nonsense. The ACA is going to MASSIVELY increase Bureaucracy at the Federal and State Government Levels, and will not cause Insurance Companies to do anything at all like you are describing.

Jesus man, American really is fucked. So many Ignorant fools.

Sigh..sorry I thought you might have some idea about the workings of the ACA.

Insurance Compaies are now required to spend 80-85% of premiums on actual care.

I am sorry, I thought you people had some idea how Business works. Guess I was wrong. Clearly you think you can simply regulate that an Industry spend (X) amount on (A) leaving them (Y) amount to run their company on and everything will be ok, and costs will go Down. You are such fools.

You actually think you can Regulate them to do more with less, in an industry that survives on a 3% profit margin.

ignorance on a massive level.

Our Problem is not that Insurance Companies spend to Much on Bureaucracy, it's that Care cost to damn Much, Telling Insurance companies to do more with less by law, will DO NOTHING to fix our problems.

Well according to the Heritage Foundation, you know them right? the ULTRA conservative think tank? The ones who came up with the idea of an individual mandate in the first place? Yeah them, according to them, a mandate places more people into the category of paying customers. Therefore, more money comes in to the health insurance companies.

Youre railing against something that was the conservative solution and the health insurance companies are creaming themselves over.

But hey, even though thats NOT whats happening here, doing more with less is the American way. Just ask every compnay that tried to survive after Romney laid off 30% of its workforce but expected increases in production.

Your being disingenuous... The ACA will clear the way for single payer.

Give it time... eventually we will all be under gov't HC.

Insurance companies CAN NOT sustain themselves when they are required to cover pre-existing conditions, and if they do... you and I wont be able to afford it.

Think of the bigger picture.

If you had read some of the overview on the survey, you would perhaps not have come across as such an ignorant ass.:

Physician Attitudes Survey - June 2012 | Doctor Patient Medical Association

First, lets TRY to actually use our own brains here, shall we?

83% of doctors are going to quit doctoring and do what? Become truck drivers? Bullshit.

second, why would they quit? The Affordable Care Act changes nothing for DOCTORS. It changes INSURANCE. not CARE. so its bullshit again

Third, The article embeds a link to Jerimiah Wright saying that theres ALIEN DNA in Oabamas brain...is it the Greys? Was he abducted and experimented on? Maybe his mother then? Cmon Sniper, even youre not dumb enough to fall for this obvious bullshit story.

For a second, I thought it was The Onion.

Apt word for it!
:lmao:

Doctors are set to see (at least) a 30% increase in patient load, with no plans in place to increase staff.
:clap2:

Not only no plans, we are in a serious Doctor Shortage already and the ACA is not even in full effect yet.

Have you ever read the bill shit for Brains, one of the ways they cover all the uninsured now, is by Asking the States to Expand access to MC. You do know who pays for MC right?

Wow I mean you guys run around like Experts on the ACA, and do not even understand the basics of it.

No youre right on that. Those who are uninsured and cant afford health insurance will be able to be covered through medicaid expansions.

But explain to me how that would be different if they COULD afford health insurance? Do health insurance companies just pay any claim sent their way or is there an approval process as well?

I'd push back on that assertion a bit. The numbers in the OP are obviously a bit absurd, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm sure many doctors are somewhat worried. Many of them--not all--dislike quality measures (particularly those that are available for public inspection), they dislike patient experience surveys, they don't like the idea of smoothing out unexplained variations in care, and they certainly don't like the idea of linking their pay to their performance and the quality of the care they deliver. I'm overgeneralizing--I have particularly great hope for younger doctors.

I'm sure many current docs love an opaque market where they get paid simply for doing things, independent of results. But the trend now is toward accountability and there will no doubt be a great deal of breath-holding and foot-stomping for a bit, as the sentiment behind the OP demonstrates. It'll be an adjustment for some folks. Being held accountable for the quality of your product or the quality of your work always is.

This is one of the Most Nonsensical Rants I have ever heard. Private insurance Companies have always, and will always have Motivation to limit Bureaucracy and Maximize Profits.

These are not entirely opposing aims. The financial incentives of unregulated health insurance markets encourage more bureaucracy up to a point.

Forum List

Back