Doctors promote use of Name Brand Drugs over Generics

Generic vs. Brand-Name Drugs, Stress & Breast Cancer Survival | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

And the drug companies continue to tell us they need to charge so much for R&D, lol. $7 billion per year they spend just to promote the use of their drugs over the generics.

It really depends on the drug. I take thyroid meds, and have found huge differences in the efficacy of generic versus name brand drugs. I actually take the generic version (levothyroxin) of the drug Synthroid because I think it is slightly stronger.

Similarly, there can be big differences between the effectiveness of a name brand and a generic. People really have to go on a case-by-case basis because there can be big differences between the generic and the name brand.

Generic vs. Brand-Name Drugs, Stress & Breast Cancer Survival | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

And the drug companies continue to tell us they need to charge so much for R&D, lol. $7 billion per year they spend just to promote the use of their drugs over the generics.

You really don't want to get me started on this. I just got back after surgery for skin cancer and in sorting through the statement there was a $70.35 charge for "kit." When I called and asked what the kit was they said it consisted of flesh colored tape, gauze, and ointment that was sent home with me so I could change the dressing. Silly me. I thought that somehow it would have been included in in the $5K plus the surgery cost. I wonder if I got the generic version...

New Topics

Forum List

Back