Doctors, Medicaid etc.

I was wrong. the 105 a month is for Medicare B. They have me in a catch 22. If I don't have B then I lose my Tricare. Someone came up with that idea years ago. That means that I have to have both. Yet a better alternative is out there for everyone else that isn't Retired Military where you can purchase a better version of Medicare B and it costs less than I pay now.

Another "Thank you for your service" up the Wazzoo.

Last edited:
The ACA is not an insurance, they do not make money, now your insurance may take it automatically out of your check, but unless you signed up it will not. You are not on the ACA if you are 65, you have medicare, and yes they take it out of your check. I have no idea what Tricare is, but why do you have it?

Unless you are supposed to have it and don't. Then you pay a penalty.

Tricare comes in a few forms. Retired Military gets it. And it pays 80% of the bill. For the most part, it uses the same schedule as Medicare.

Tricare Regular: If you are single like I am, it's got a 175 buck deduction per year. This is for regular retired Military from the ages of when you left the service (retired) until you are 65. And you live outside the 40 mile range of a Military Hospital.

Tricare Premium: From your retirement age to 65 and you live within a 40 mile range of a military hospital (this is the best of all of them). As long as you use the Military Facilities, there are no deductions involved.

Tricare for Life: is like Tricare Regular except you get it at 65 when you go on Medicare. But the TFL is second payer. It covers what Medicare doesn't cover. In order to have this, you MUST have Med part A and B. And the deduction still applies.

There is more to it than this but I think you get the idea why so many Retired Military live within driving distance to Military Bases. BTW, if the Military took over the VA then it would be one class act since many of the Military Hospitals are superior to Civilian Hospitals overall.

I get over 1200 bucks a year taken from my SSI for medical under the ACA. I also pay 175 a year for Tricare. But when I go to use them, most Doctors won't accept Medicare. The problem we have here is that the Doctors are cherry picking patients. And whether we have ACA or not, Doctors will still cherry pick. I am almost 100% funded for medical but am having trouble finding a competent Doctor to accept me.

Tell me again how fair things are no matter which groups laws gets into play.

Check out Kaiser Permanente:

Kaiser Permanente Individuals and Families
Yes, Kaiser wins awards regularly.

Forum List

Back