Doctors Are Opting Out of Medicare

Ame®icano;1650478 said:
See.. Here is the issue... What you just said is illegal.. Hospitals have to treat people reguardless of ability to pay.. So any patient will get their cath.. They will also accept what medicare or medicaid pays as it is better than nothing and it is also the law..

So this entire arguement is moot..

I am sure that some doctors don't like medicare and don't feel they are paid enough for their services.. As does every cashier that you have yelled at when returning something, or the the guy pushing the mop at night at school... Everyone at one time or another doesn't feel they are paid what they are worth or what their job demands.. Target pays it's backroom employees 20% less than avarage for a warehouse job.. Their backroom is nothing more than a warehouse.. And all those people live in poverty.. I have little sympathy for a doctor that still makes well over 200k a year.. He should try living in poverty and not get paid enough..

The doctor works in a private practice, not a hospital. The hospital cannot turn people away, but private practices can, and most do not like Medicare, or even Medicade, so these patients are often forced to go to the hospital where it costs more.

Not completely truth. Under COBRA law, emergency rooms cant turn people away. Hospitals can turn them away unless they have life threatening conditions.

I stand corrected. ;)

Ame®icano;1650478 said:
The doctor works in a private practice, not a hospital. The hospital cannot turn people away, but private practices can, and most do not like Medicare, or even Medicade, so these patients are often forced to go to the hospital where it costs more.

Not completely truth. Under COBRA law, emergency rooms cant turn people away. Hospitals can turn them away unless they have life threatening conditions.

I stand corrected. ;)

I should add that hospitals are not turning anyone away, officially. They re-routing them to the emergency rooms. :eusa_whistle:

Ame®icano;1650489 said:
Ame®icano;1650478 said:

I stand corrected. ;)

I should add that hospitals are not turning anyone away, officially. They re-routing them to the emergency rooms. :eusa_whistle:

Aaaah yes, now that part I knew. ;)

People like me who live in rural areas are experiencing the same problems as Barbara. I find the search tool at PlanPrescriber.com very helpful in finding other Medicare plan options. It is a search by zip code and if after doing a plan comparison you are still not satisfied, PlanPrescriber will go out of the private health insurers they represent and find a plan for you. I can't say enough about them and how they have helped me find a Medicare plan I can afford with complete access to the doctors I need. I wish Barbara all the best.

People like me who live in rural areas are experiencing the same problems as Barbara. I find the search tool at PlanPrescriber.com very helpful in finding other Medicare plan options. It is a search by zip code and if after doing a plan comparison you are still not satisfied, PlanPrescriber will go out of the private health insurers they represent and find a plan for you. I can't say enough about them and how they have helped me find a Medicare plan I can afford with complete access to the doctors I need. I wish Barbara all the best.
Awesome...the spamming has begun.

Forum List

Back