Doctor Who: The woman who fell to Earth

if you thought the novelizations of the tv episodes were shit joe,the question i have to ask is....why do you watch the show?....the novelizations are the episodes in book form....you must think the show aint that great then.....

The show was fun to watch because of the great characterizations and because it was kind of campy and fun. What made the classic series great to watch were the performances by Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee... (The other actors, not quite so much.)

3C72C6A5-62D7-4591-B323-4D7F8D530681.jpeg

So four episodes in, I'm noticing some patterns.

First, a lack of aliens/monsters. In four of the stories, other humans have largely been the antagonists, including the most recent one where Chris Noth played a Trump Clone who was almost as crazy as the genuine article. Now, I've read that Chinball doesn't want to use the classic monsters like the Daleks and Cybermen, but create new villains.. but come on, this is Doctor Who, we need some real monsters.

Second, Whitaker's Doctor seems a lot more pleasant than Capaldi's, more warm and human, but also bit quirkier.

The Companions seem pretty much run of the mill, the usual regular folks who get pulled off on these adventures and then find their own lives too mundane to go back to. I don't think any of these actors are doing a bad job, but there's nothing original here.

Forum List

Back