Doctor religious exemption hypothetical.

My niece answered my question. She also thought it was a stupid hypothetical.

She said that doctors as a rule set aside their personal beliefs/biases to do the job. She also pointed out it is unlikely that a person who refuses to perform blood transfusions would make it through medical school.

So I think if a doctor suddenly one day decides he just can't authorize blood transfusions, particularly if that doc works in an ER...most reasonable doctors would tell the hospital before they're called on to do it. It would be a game changer for ER work, and any reasonable person would recognize that.

A person who decides he just can't authorize blood transfusions anymore and goes ahead and clocks in at the ER without telling anyone until he's called upon to authorize a transfusion...that person is probably a kook and most certainly would be relieved of his duties promptly.

Is it going to happen? Not likely. But crazy people do exist, and this board is the proof of that.

And I can be a McDonald's cashier without ever being put in a situation where I have to decide whether to serve a black person.

Standard anti American racist attitude.

No, it's a comparison of like rationales, to illustrate the folly therein.

No, it's only a "like rationale" to bigots like you, who think being religious is "just like" being a racist.

You leftists keep thinking you're telling us how evil religious people are, but all you're really telling us is how evil YOU are.

Keep talking. I'm still laughing. :lol:

My niece answered my question. She also thought it was a stupid hypothetical.

She said that doctors as a rule set aside their personal beliefs/biases to do the job. She also pointed out it is unlikely that a person who refuses to perform blood transfusions would make it through medical school.

So I think if a doctor suddenly one day decides he just can't authorize blood transfusions, particularly if that doc works in an ER...most reasonable doctors would tell the hospital before they're called on to do it. It would be a game changer for ER work, and any reasonable person would recognize that.

A person who decides he just can't authorize blood transfusions anymore and goes ahead and clocks in at the ER without telling anyone until he's called upon to authorize a transfusion...that person is probably a kook and most certainly would be relieved of his duties promptly.

Is it going to happen? Not likely. But crazy people do exist, and this board is the proof of that.

What does your niece do?

Standard anti American racist attitude.

No, it's a comparison of like rationales, to illustrate the folly therein.

No, it's only a "like rationale" to bigots like you, who think being religious is "just like" being a racist.

You leftists keep thinking you're telling us how evil religious people are, but all you're really telling us is how evil YOU are.

Keep talking. I'm still laughing. :lol:

I forget.....

What religious tenants does S&M fall under?

Forum List

Back