Doctor Bills?

Greenbeard, fuck off....don't tell me what to stick with....got it??? I'm saying that I had rotator cuff surgery in a timely manner...that seems to have upset you, huh?

I'm actually pretty relaxed right now. Look: Just one punctuation mark. And no profanity.

What are you so upset about?

Greenbeard, fuck off....don't tell me what to stick with....got it??? I'm saying that I had rotator cuff surgery in a timely manner...that seems to have upset you, huh?

I'm actually pretty relaxed right now. Look: Just one punctuation mark. And no profanity.

What are you so upset about?

You trying to tell me what to do, I thought I made that clear :eusa_whistle:

My Doc would have only charged $40. She would have also given me free sample prescriptions. It pays to shop docs before you have a problem.

My Doc would have only charged $40. She would have also given me free sample prescriptions. It pays to shop docs before you have a problem.

In my medical plan you pick your primary physician and they recommend who you go to.
Yup, $40 sounds reasonable..

My wife took my son to see a doctor when he was sick in Canada a few years back. As you know, there are no out of pocket expenses in Canada as the government pays everything. Total cost? $49.

So it certainly isn't just more coverage being paid by third parties.

And there are huge waiting lists in Canada for people with serious health conditions due to lack of diagnostic equipment and doctors.

No thank you.
Have you ever had to have a surgical procedure in the US? If it's not an emergency, you would probably also have to wait a couple of months.

I've had surgeries, and I waited at most a few days.

What the Hell?

I thought I got something in my eye while working so I go to the eye doctor. The wait at least a 1/2 hour. She checks my eye, swabs it with a Q-tip and tells me it was mucus and gives me some eye drops, 5minutes maximum time............bill 746.00 dollars..

A friend goes to the hospital for a minor operation, 2 day stay at the hospital alone........ 21,178.00 dollars..

I'm not getting why insurance companies are the bad guys here..

The Doctors and the Hospitals are screwing us over Royally from what I'm seeing.

You could have saved 746.00 if you'd just dealt with it.

But instead, you asked someone for their expertise on something that you could not evaluate.

What the Hell?

I thought I got something in my eye while working so I go to the eye doctor. The wait at least a 1/2 hour. She checks my eye, swabs it with a Q-tip and tells me it was mucus and gives me some eye drops, 5minutes maximum time............bill 746.00 dollars..

A friend goes to the hospital for a minor operation, 2 day stay at the hospital alone........ 21,178.00 dollars..

The Doctors and the Hospitals are screwing us over Royally from what I'm seeing.

It's called Capitalism.

What the Hell?

You could have saved 746.00 if you'd just dealt with it.

But instead, you asked someone for their expertise on something that you could not evaluate.

Yes.. I did Sir...brilliant observation ,, I must say..:lol:

What? I needed rotator cuff surgery, and within 3 weeks it was a done deal. No way would that be considered an emergency. I probably would have been waiting up to a year in the UK.

Stick with Canada. There's a reason people choose Canada as the point of comparison on wait times: it's one of the few nations that scores worse than the U.S. on all wait time metrics. If you include countries other than Canada in the comparison, we don't look quite as great.

Don't bring up your personal issues if you don't want people to comment on them.

What the Hell?

did you have insurance? did your friend have insurance?

Why should it matter?
It does and insurance is the problem. We are no longer the customer.

What the Hell?

Why should it matter?

:eusa_eh:.. I'm not sure what you mean...

Why should it matter?

He means the patient no longer negotiates the rate with the doctor. They just go get something done regardless of cost because the insurance company is paying it so who cares. That is how the health-care system gets away with ripping us off.

Why should it matter?

He means the patient no longer negotiates the rate with the doctor. They just go get something done regardless of cost because the insurance company is paying it so who cares. That is how the health-care system gets away with ripping us off.

Makes perfect sense..sucks though...

Forum List

Back