Doctor Allegedly Decapitates Baby during delivery

Reading some comments from people on a few other websites that have carried this story - they seem to be asking questions.

One question is how the baby was decapitated in the first place - and how on earth did the doc disguise the fact that the child had no head? He must have done something to do it before he handed it over, as it says the baby had its head removed during the C section.

I had the same question, one story say he yanked on the babys head, and because it was a premie, it was very fragile. But still.........

The head was detached from the spinal column according to the story. I am assuming there was still some tissue connected, but was blood squirting from the child's neck as he put the baby back inside the birth canal. Shivers go up my spine to think of such a horror.

How could a preemie be too large to deliver vaginally? I smell a rat on this story.

This is just awful. If this actually happened, I do not know how the Mother will ever get over it.

And what the Dr did after the botched delivery is almost as horrifying.

Missouri Couple Suing Doctor For Allegedly Decapitating Baby During Botched Delivery

Truthfully, I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often. I've withnessed over 1500 babies being born vaginally, and it still freaks me out the way they pull on the head like that.

That said I am suspicious about his story. For the following reasons:

1. Doctors are constantly being criticised for performing too many C-Sections.

2. Often times a planned C-Section is over-ridden by it's imminent vaginal birth.

3. Most doctors, if freely allowed to do so would prefer to deliver babies by cesarian for many reasons.

4. The source is a less than reliable tabloid.

If this women had no insurance in the state of Missouri, she would be Medicaid which won't cover elective c-sections. Most private insurers will also no cover elective c-sections. It's unnecessary surgery.

It seems unnatural to crank on a baby's head, but the fact that it is done in every vaginal delivery, sometimes with forceps, with normal outcomes should tell us something about the human body.

:confused: As described it doesn't sound possible.

Of course it's possible, you nitwit. How hard do you think it is to pull a 28-week old baby's head from it's neck? It's about 3 inches around.

And their abdomens aren't much bigger.

If this story is true, then the baby had a severe abnormality, which could also mean that the spine was abnormal. The baby could have been pre-disposed to not surviving a vaginal delivery.

This is just awful. If this actually happened, I do not know how the Mother will ever get over it.

According to the Courthouse News Service it did happen and the doctor seemed to react rather than respond to the situation. Also, terrible advice as this was not the on my method by which the child could have been delivered. The father was standing 2-4 feet away from the head of his son.

"Despite cutting a generous 4th degree episiotomy into plaintiff Arteisha Betts' perineum, and attempting McRoberts' Maneuver, and delivering decedent's posterior arm, and dislodging decedent's anterior shoulder, decedent Kaden Travis Ammonette's abdomen remained stuck in his mother's birth canal due to his large abdominal circumference. Betts and Ammonette say further complications arose when Webb tried to loosen the baby by applying traction to his head. "Defendant Webb applied sufficient traction to the axilla and head of decedent Kaden Travis Ammonette during Webb's attempt to deliver decedent vaginally that defendant Webb separated decedent Kaden Travis Ammonette's head from his cervical spine," the complaint states. "When defendant Webb separated decedent Kaden Travis Ammonette's head from his cervical spine, decedent's body was still inside Arteisha Betts' birth canal."

Courthouse News Service

And then the only option would be to deliver the baby via cesarian section.

"11 to 12 weeks from conception: Steady breathing will occur and this continues till the labor"

http://www.babydevelopmentnews.com/babydevelopmentinthewomb.html

"
Indeed, fetuses breathe in time to music they enjoy, according to Dr. Rene Van de Carr, a California OB-Gyn who teaches parents how to stimulate unborn babies through music and other exercises at the Prenatal University in Hayward, Calif. He is also author of "While You're Expecting ... Your Own Prenatal Classroom."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51723&page=2

Dumbing down the physiology of he birthing process so he lay public can understand it doesn't make you misconception correct.

I guess it depends on what you want o define "breathing" as. Either way, you foolish consistency on his matter is the hobgoblin of a small mind.

Internal decapitation. It's possible to separate the head from the spinal column, as is here, without severing the neck.

For those joking about tort reform, saying the republicans would prefer to prevent this family from suing: you're an idiot. Having a policy that requires the plaintiff to assume all legal costs for the defendant in the event that the defendant is found innocent wouldn't prevent anyone from suing someone. In cases like this where there is a clear case of negligence, malpractice, whatever you want to call it, you sue and don't look back.

I'm not sure that this is a clear case of malpractice. there is just too much information left out.

The usual pro abortion crowd chimes in with how horrified they are like this is somehow different than an abortion. Hypocrites.

I would go a step further and call this case a Murder. the Doctor was clearly on drugs.

Something was really wrong with that Doctor. He did this:

"During the course of the cesarean section, defendant Webb surgically and completely removed decedent Kaden Travis Ammonette's head from his neck and torso."

I have to wonder. Where was the nurse while all this was happening?

And well you should wonder. Thisd story seems fishy to me.

I would go a step further and call this case a Murder. the Doctor was clearly on drugs.

Something was really wrong with that Doctor. He did this:

"During the course of the cesarean section, defendant Webb surgically and completely removed decedent Kaden Travis Ammonette's head from his neck and torso."

I have to wonder. Where was the nurse while all this was happening?

And well you should wonder. Thisd story seems fishy to me.

"Set bovie knifes to cut"....

I did some research, and it seems that this has actually happened before - once it was intentional because the baby's shoulder got stuck and they couldn't pull it out, or push it back into the womb, so they had to remove the head to deliver it.

That would be an expectant mothers worst nightmare.

I have been in the medical profesion for 30 years. i have been present at the birth of over 5000 people. Although i didn't personally witness it, there was one preemie who's head came off during a vaginal delivery. One time in 30 years and one time in like a couple of million deliveries in this city.

Missouri Couple Suing Doctor For Allegedly Decapitating Baby During Botched Delivery

Truthfully, I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often. I've withnessed over 1500 babies being born vaginally, and it still freaks me out the way they pull on the head like that.

2. Often times a planned C-Section is over-ridden by it's imminent vaginal birth.

3. Most doctors, if freely allowed to do so would prefer to deliver babies by cesarian for many reasons.

If this women had no insurance in the state of Missouri, she would be Medicaid which won't cover elective c-sections. Most private insurers will also no cover elective c-sections. It's unnecessary surgery.

It seems unnatural to crank on a baby's head, but the fact that it is done in every vaginal delivery, sometimes with forceps, with normal outcomes should tell us something about the human body.

Trust me, doctors perform C-Sections that they never get paid for all the time. It;s better than getting your ass sued off.

Trust me, doctors perform C-Sections that they never get paid for all the time. It;s better than getting your ass sued off.

I know, It's just not as easy to get a c-section as people think.

This story sounds too ridiculous to be believed. They are maintaining the doctor dissected the head in the OR in front of God and the scrub tech?

My guess is that this was a complicate delivery with a bad outcome that is being completely misrepresented by patients with a low fund of knowledge.

The father saw blood in the birth canal! In a delivery!!!!!

Actually, the father said he saw blood spraying from the baby's neck.

"
Citing the complaint, the Courthouse News Services reported that blood shot out from the baby’s arteries and veins, spilling onto the floor in full view of the mother and Ammonette, who was sitting only two to four feet away from the birthing bed.

"During the procedure, the doctor ‘surgically and completely removed’ the child's head from his neck and torso."

The woman was supposed to have a c-section at term, but went into labor early. The doctor on duty refused to give her a c-section, despite her request for one, and would not let her go to a different hospital.

I know, It's just not as easy to get a c-section as people think.

This story sounds too ridiculous to be believed. They are maintaining the doctor dissected the head in the OR in front of God and the scrub tech?

My guess is that this was a complicate delivery with a bad outcome that is being completely misrepresented by patients with a low fund of knowledge.

The father saw blood in the birth canal! In a delivery!!!!!

There is probably a whole lot of truth in your post.

Actually, the father said he saw blood spraying from the baby's neck.

"
Citing the complaint, the Courthouse News Services reported that blood shot out from the baby’s arteries and veins, spilling onto the floor in full view of the mother and Ammonette, who was sitting only two to four feet away from the birthing bed.

"During the procedure, the doctor ‘surgically and completely removed’ the child's head from his neck and torso."

The woman was supposed to have a c-section at term, but went into labor early. The doctor on duty refused to give her a c-section, despite her request for one, and would not let her go to a different hospital.

1.) Transferring a patient to a different hospital for labor and delivery because they aren't happy with the service they are getting is an inappropriate transfer. You can thank EMTALA and Ronald Reagan for that. It's illegal under federal law.

2.) I highly doubt the OB surgically removed the baby's head from it's neck during the C-seciton or whatever If they did, they are the world's worst criminal.

3.) Patient requesting c-section is not an indication for c-section.

4.) I also doubt the father saw much of anything coming from the child's neck in the birth canal. If he did, he had a better view than the OB. What he likely saw was the byproduct of a delivery which is a bloody process.

Whatever. This is what they've sworn to. There are multiple witnesses. I doubt if this would have gotten this far if it wasn't fairly egregious.

Or........

The fetus was, unfortunately, dead and they were going to do a still born delivery and the tissue lacked normal integrity making an already horrific process that much more traumatic for the family.

I really doubt an OB/GYN manually severed a head from a living baby a la Mortal Kombat.

Forum List

Back