Doctor Allegedly Decapitates Baby during delivery

This is an atrocity! It's almost too much to contemplate! I feel sick...just as when the same thing happens during an abortion.

Except during an abortion the Doctor is like "This will all be over in a second"..then after he kills it and dumps the remains in the trashcan next to the bed he says "Now that wasn't so bad now was it?"

Abortion Docs are much sicker

How is that different from the (millions?) of partial birth abortions where the baby is stabbed in the back of the head and it's brain sucked out with a frankenstein machine until it looks like a cabbage patch doll? Consent? You just don't want to know do you?

The main difference is that these parents did not want their child killed, they wanted the child to be medically delivered and were promised that the doctors involved were going to exercise the degree of skill, knowledge and intelligence of similarly situated physicians. I hope they take this doctors license. Mistakes happen during medical procedures what he did upon discovering he decapitated the baby was unconscionable....

How is that different from the (millions?) of partial birth abortions where the baby is stabbed in the back of the head and it's brain sucked out with a frankenstein machine until it looks like a cabbage patch doll? Consent? You just don't want to know do you?

It's not. the Doctor thought the lady wanted to REAP the baby, not KEEP the baby.

Internal decapitation. It's possible to separate the head from the spinal column, as is here, without severing the neck.

For those joking about tort reform, saying the republicans would prefer to prevent this family from suing: you're an idiot. Having a policy that requires the plaintiff to assume all legal costs for the defendant in the event that the defendant is found innocent wouldn't prevent anyone from suing someone. In cases like this where there is a clear case of negligence, malpractice, whatever you want to call it, you sue and don't look back.

St. John’s Mercy Medical Center’s Dr. Gilbert Webb, allegedly refused to go ahead with the planned C-section and would only agree to deliver the baby by way of attempted trial of a vaginal birth. Dr. Webb also allegedly refused to permit the couple to go to another hospital, and Betts eventually agreed to try a vaginal delivery under protest and duress, according to lawsuit excerpts
Read more at Missouri Couple Suing Doctor For Allegedly Decapitating Baby During Botched Delivery

I call bullshit, something fishy in the tank here..

This is just awful. If this actually happened, I do not know how the Mother will ever get over it.

And what the Dr did after the botched delivery is almost as horrifying.

Missouri Couple Suing Doctor For Allegedly Decapitating Baby During Botched Delivery

What's needed here is TORT reform, so this couple can't sue this doctor for everything he has. Pay 'em $250 grand and tell 'em to get over it.

For the obtuse right wingers, this is a bitter sarcasm. It is contemptuous ridicule, and it is MEANT to be crude and harsh.

If I call you a fucking brain-dead moron, do you even have enough IQ wattage to understand what I'm saying?

The main difference is that these parents did not want their child killed, they wanted the child to be medically delivered and were promised that the doctors involved were going to exercise the degree of skill, knowledge and intelligence of similarly situated physicians. I hope they take this doctors license. Mistakes happen during medical procedures what he did upon discovering he decapitated the baby was unconscionable....

The part that disturbs me the most is that she was scheduled for a c-section because the baby's abdomen was too large to be delivered vaginally...and he refused to allow her to transfer elsewhere.

That's crazy. Physicians buy into these flipping fads and they get off on bullying pregnant women...BIRTH IS RISKY. ABORTION IS RISKY. If your doctor tries to tell you otherwise, get a different doctor.

About 25 years ago, the fad was to get post partum mothers out of the hospital the minute they delivered, or as soon as humanly possible. This was particularly encouraged for WELFARE mothers.

You can imagine the results, the hemorrhages at home, the infections....

$250K settlement is better than nothing

It only costs $2.50 for a bottle good cheap wine and $.001 cents for a available bedroom where they made the first baby.

I expect the doctors involved will not only lose their licenses, but the delivery doctor will likely do some jail time. There's not enough malpractice insurance in the world to cover something like this.

And for those leftist dimwits out there proudly proclaiming that one case of genuine malpractice means there are no frivolous cases brought, let me just say that "stupid" is not a lifestyle choice.

About 25 years ago, the fad was to get post partum mothers out of the hospital the minute they delivered, or as soon as humanly possible. This was particularly encouraged for WELFARE mothers.

It was a reason for this...the welfare mothers found it comfortable to sit up on their tired asses after birth and not go back to their rats nest at home and realized they could squat on the Hospital's dime as long as they wanted in a clean room and clean bed with food all day, all they had to say was "I'm not feeling well enough to leave yet"...and squat another 2-3 weeks. It got so bad in my city at one time you would see so many post-birth welfare mothers pushing baby carriages in the halllways and turning the wating room into a daycare center. you'd think you was at Babies R Us or something. ridiculous.

Last edited:
The part that disturbs me the most is that she was scheduled for a c-section because the baby's abdomen was too large to be delivered vaginally...and he refused to allow her to transfer elsewhere.

That's crazy. Physicians buy into these flipping fads and they get off on bullying pregnant women...BIRTH IS RISKY. ABORTION IS RISKY. If your doctor tries to tell you otherwise, get a different doctor.

This doctor sounds reminds me of a car mechanic. The medical team knew of the woman's medical situation and forged ahead with a vaginal delivery anyway.

Here is some more on the doctor with a cute little video too..:eusa_eh:

Dr Gilbert Webb, MD - Video Profile | Obstetrician & Gynecologist | Saint Louis, MO

It was a reason for this...the welfare mothers found it comfortable to sit up on their tired asses after birth and not go back to their rats nest at home and realized they could squat on the Hospital's dime as long as they wanted in a clean room and clean bed with food all day, all they had to say was "I'm not feeling well enough to leave yet"...and squat another 2-3 weeks. It got so bad in my city at one time you would see so many post-birth welfare mothers pushing baby carriages in the halllways and turning the wating room into a daycare center. you'd think you was at Babies R Us or something. ridiculous.

Yeah whatever. It's always all or nothing...instead of looking at it case by case.

Yeah whatever. It's always all or nothing...instead of looking at it case by case.

And since the Hospital is a place used by ALL...go figure.

Now if she was burning diapers in her own backyard and stinking up the neighborhood in the process....case by case basis.

make sense now? good

Internal decapitation. It's possible to separate the head from the spinal column, as is here, without severing the neck.

For those joking about tort reform, saying the republicans would prefer to prevent this family from suing: you're an idiot. Having a policy that requires the plaintiff to assume all legal costs for the defendant in the event that the defendant is found innocent wouldn't prevent anyone from suing someone. In cases like this where there is a clear case of negligence, malpractice, whatever you want to call it, you sue and don't look back.

Once in a while, the legal system works...

To all you 'Constitutionalists'. Tort reform is as UN-'Constitutionalists' as it gets. It undermines a citizens right to a trial by his or her peers and instead mandates BIG government decree. But when it protects your beloved opulent over the common man, you lap it up like pigs.

Medical malpractice cap is struck down by Missouri Supreme Court

JEFFERSON CITY • The Missouri Supreme Court struck down on Tuesday a $350,000 limit on jury awards for "pain and suffering" in medical malpractice cases, saying the law violates a patient's right to a jury trial.

The cap on malpractice awards was established by a 2005 state law that was championed by Republicans as part of a "tort reform" push.

In a 4-3 decision, the court said the cap "infringes on the jury's constitutionally protected purpose of determining the amount of damages sustained by an injured party," in cases involving medical errors.

The case stemmed from a lawsuit filed by Deborah Watts of Springfield, Mo., whose son, Naython, was born with catastrophic brain injuries at Cox South Hospital in 2006 after a delay in receiving an emergency C-section. A Greene County jury last year awarded Watts nearly $5 million, which was then reduced under the law.

The high court decision "ensures that Naython will receive the benefit of the jury's award for future medical care," according to the ruling written by Chief Justice Richard B. Teitelman.

"This is a really good day for the citizens of Missouri who believe in our Constitution," said Kansas City attorney Tim Dollar, president of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys.

Capping medical malpractice awards was the keystone of the Republicans' business-oriented agenda in 2005.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

And since the Hospital is a place used by ALL...go figure.

Now if she was burning diapers in her own backyard and stinking up the neighborhood in the process....case by case basis.

make sense now? good

Not a bit of sense.

Oh well. You gave it the old college try, but sometimes you just have to accept your limitations and write it off.

Forum List

Back