Dock workers set to strike

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
15 ports, from Texas to New York, could cost a billion dollars a day

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=moneywatch&catid=57561047&feed_id=76&videofeed=43

"The union said its members would agree to an extension only if the Maritime Alliance dropped a proposal to freeze the royalties workers get for every container they unload. The Alliance has argued that the longshoremen, who it said earn an average $124,138 per year in wages and benefits, are compensated well enough already."

The longshoremen should be ordered back to work. If they refuse they should be declared terrorists and thrown in jail. Under the PATRIOT Act, that strike would meet the definition of terrorism.

(Actually, they should be shit-canned and replaced.)

I think they should be allowed to strike all they want.....

and the docks hire other permanent replacements for the slugs who walked off and quit.

Last edited:
Oh look, unions again causing mayhem all in the name of stopping technology from lowering costs....to keep their cushy jobs in place.

Damn no-good Unions. Destroyed the Auto Industry, Hostess and now they're going to destroy the entire country

Their employer wants them to take a pay cut, I wouldnt take a cut in pay quietly either.

Of course, I've also worked jobs where my pay was cut by doing essentially the same thing their employer wants to do, it never occurred to me to walk off the job and hold my employer hostage until they reinstated my pay.

Their employer wants them to take a pay cut, I wouldnt take a cut in pay quietly either.

Of course, I've also worked jobs where my pay was cut by doing essentially the same thing their employer wants to do, it never occurred to me to walk off the job and hold my employer hostage until they reinstated my pay.

I saw a mention of a freeze on royalties per container, nothing about a cut, did I miss something?

I saw a mention of a freeze on royalties per container, nothing about a cut, did I miss something?

You didn't miss anything. It's all about container royalties. Here is how Michelle Malkin describes the problem:

» Malkin: What the Looming Port Strike Is Really About » Commentary -- GOPUSA

Forum List

Back