Doberman...

that is a totally different dog than the english....love the protective of children..esp children...that means they will not allow you to spank said children...

our dobbies can be that way at times....thor our current one is protective of the kitten, tiff. she was only 10 oz when we trapped her...the bigger ones went to humane...i hated to do that but you have to be realistic..but he watches her like a hawk...esp when the bigger cats are around , big cats are grumpie...and you have to let him see her and smell her when you take her in or out...and if she squeals he must find her...tiff was smart....she made friends with the biggest thing she could find...and it keeps the others from haressing her too much

My boxer is awesome with kids - absolutely loves them, great with people in general. There are very few she doesn't like and those tend to be people I don't trust myself. Her own perceptions of those people or is she picking up on my emotions? Dunno.

She's only about 65 lbs., so still small enough that I can handle her but big enough to be a deterrent just by virtue of being around.

yea but boxers tend to be real territorial....and will kill other little creatures that piss them off in a heartbeat

Indeed. She doesn't like other animals much but it works out ok for me. She's not killed anything yet and she's 5. I live out in the country, so it's easier to work around her issues.

Forum List

Back