Do your homework

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
I have grown weary of hearing Newt blow his own horn and hearing Romney ads slinging shit so I thought it would be interesting to do some research on the dude.

Found this awesome site:
GovTrack: Newton Gingrich's Voting Record

I've been browsing this page of bills and have found a few (so far) very interesting votes.

So far I haven't found anything out of whack.

Would any Democrats or Romney fans care to wade through it and pull out any specifics they find atrocious?

Check out this little bill, intended to help patients, that split down party lines, barely passing with the slim Republican majority.
Interesting enough it never passed the Senate:
H.R. 4250 [105th] - Summary: Patient Protection Act of 1998 (GovTrack.us)

Or how about this little gem that wanted to put dollars into the classroom?
H.R. 3248 [105th] - Summary: Dollars to the Classroom Act (GovTrack.us)

Both of these bills were rejected by the House Democrats.
Why?

Well, anyhooooo.....

There's the link to Gingrich's voting record.
Show me the faults.

I'll wait.

My many problems with Newt have never been about his voting record.

In another thread I detailed how he turned me off in 1995. In recent years when I've heard him treated with respect by other conservative leaders, I paid attention to him to try to see if I would appreciate him more, and he turned me off again by his extreme language about those who supported the ground zero mosque. There was at least one other turn off in that time period, but that's the one I remember most.

Add his current list of lies and his tacking to the OWS side of the political spectrum to criticize Mitt, and I don't feel like giving him the time of day again.

I don't actually recall hearing anyone criticize his voting record. Have you seen anyone doing so in other threads or other venues?

My many problems with Newt have never been about his voting record.

In another thread I detailed how he turned me off in 1995. In recent years when I've heard him treated with respect by other conservative leaders, I paid attention to him to try to see if I would appreciate him more, and he turned me off again by his extreme language about those who supported the ground zero mosque. There was at least one other turn off in that time period, but that's the one I remember most.

Add his current list of lies and his tacking to the OWS side of the political spectrum to criticize Mitt, and I don't feel like giving him the time of day again.

I don't actually recall hearing anyone criticize his voting record. Have you seen anyone doing so in other threads or other venues?

I'd like to see/hear the extreme remarks and where he's criticized Mitt's wealth (I've seen quite the opposite, actually, about Romney).

I can't link/source a specific post about his voting record and that is exactly my point.
In the 08 elections Republicans were digging everywhere to shine light on Obama's voting record.
I want to see the same meticulous digging in this case.

Nevermind the pandering comments and bullshit.

It's the voting record that shows patterns and belief systems that shape the man.

New Topics

Forum List

Back