Do You Write Your Elected Represenatives

Emmett

Sep 1, 2005
Murrayville, Ga
One cannot help but notice that we seem to have all the answers on this board. We certainly are full of piss and vinegar most nights and more than willing to discuss with, insult, suggest and hash to death the issues of the day. What I wonder though is do we generate the same effort in our writing to our elected officials.

I must say that I truely enjoy my time I get to spend here on the board doing what I describe above. I also however write dozens of letters and notes to elected officials to represenatives all over the country. I hope we are all doing this because it is important.

A system such as ours seems a slow wheel turning at times. The wonderful thing about our system however is that it is one of the only ones in the world where you can write the meanest nastiest letter you can think of to a Represenative if you are upset about something and recieve no reprecussion from it. You might even get a result.

Write your reps folks!

With the immigration thing, I seem to be writing at least once a week now.
Not only my reps, but the President and even Dick Cheney.
I agree with Emmett keep on writing em , till they get sick of hearing from us:thup:

Emmett said:
One cannot help but notice that we seem to have all the answers on this board. We certainly are full of pis* and vinegar most nights and more than willing to discuss with, insult, suggest and hash to death the issues of the day. What I wonder though is do we generate the same effort in our writing to our elected officials.

I must say that I truely enjoy my time I get to spend here on the board doing what I describe above. I also however write dozens of letters and notes to elected officials to represenatives all over the country. I hope we are all doing this because it is important.

A system such as ours seems a slow wheel turning at times. The wonderful thing about our system however is that it is one of the only ones in the world where you can write the meanest nastiest letter you can think of to a Represenative if you are upset about something and recieve no reprecussion from it. You might even get a result.

Write your reps folks!

I do! Actually I called Obama's office the other day, to express my desire of a vote a certain way, they put me through to an administrative assistant who asked if I'd be willing to fill out questionaires from time-to-time, since my opinions were mostly different than his supporters. Pretty saavy.

I also write letters to the editor, probably get 8 out of 10 published.

I hired a skywriter to write "Vote for your Republican Incumbent, if you don't want to get your income bent."

Representive in this case is surely used in the loosest sense of the word.

I don't think any politician is literally a representative of anything other than corruption and lying.

Powerman said:
Sorry...I'm skeptical.

I don't think that anyone is conservative anymore

There are a very few. I won't support anyone else. My own congressman, sadly, is not on the list. I'll be looking for other candidates to support.

Yes, I certainly do write letters to my representatives in Washington. My Congressman has been in Washington for a long time, so there is no chance that voters are going to turn him out to pasture; but they should. He is so good at sending form letters that have nothing to do with what you've written to him about that I wonder if he ever reads a single piece of mail he receives. Seniority is a big thing in lots of people's minds; but if a Congressman has not done anything noteworthy in the many years he has been in Washington and you can't really see that he has done anything to benefit your state, I wonder if its sensible for voters to give seniority such a high priority in the voting booth.

I know i wrote Representative Weldon the other day. I am not sure I need to write Santurom since he is already voting the proper way. I might write an angry note to Senator Spector though.

Kathianne said:
I do! Actually I called Obama's office the other day, to express my desire of a vote a certain way, they put me through to an administrative assistant who asked if I'd be willing to fill out questionaires from time-to-time, since my opinions were mostly different than his supporters. Pretty saavy.

I also write letters to the editor, probably get 8 out of 10 published.

Pretty good! I've had letters published in New York Newsday, The Washington Times, The Washington Post, The Washington Examiner, and, believe it or not, the journal of the American Bar Association.

Still working on the Times. I think you have to be writing from "New Haven" or "Cambridge" to get published there.

Forum List

Back