Do you watch the Fox or CNN TV news?

charles brough

civilization-overviewer
Jun 16, 2011
So. California
I watch both. When I grow fed up on the way CNN drags out, overtalking, its unending human interest stories and its advice, i click the switch button and move over to Fox. If Fox is then on one of its multiple-male anti-Obama diatribes, I give up and switch to the History channel where I usually end up with something like another flying saucer story. If so, I then switch to the National Geographic channel. There, I often find more about some tentative discovery in Israel of possible evidence some character in the Bible might have been burried there.:cuckoo:

So, I end up back at CNN, but by them, it is into commercials. Even with the sound off, it is more than I can endure to see another "making out" drug ad. :eek:

I give up and turn on NPR radio.:razz:

I watch neither. I don't have TV. (I do watch videos on you tube and I tunes)

CNN has a better web page though.

"Do you watch the Fox or CNN TV news?"

No. Drudge Report for the Headlines, then FreeRepublic for a wide variety of reporting. That means minimal Casey Anthony reportage.

I don't rely on TV for my news....
I do however rely on MSNBC for the comedy....
Especially Fat Head Ed Schultz

I actually watch HLN more than the others. But I think that's a sister channel to CNN, amirite??
Rarely do I watch Faux.

latest polls show Fox is most trusted so watch them. It is trusted because it features so much debate. Democracy is debate.

No...Never. I get my political television news from C-SPAN, PBS, the Public College stations and sometimes the political talk shows like The McLaughlin report.

I watch 30 minutes to 45 minutes of HLN every morning then switch over to Fox and Friends for maybe an hour. Then I get the rest of my info from various sources on the web.

But never ever do I listen to talking heads. Wouldn't even know who most of them are to see them.

No...Never. I get my political television news from C-SPAN, PBS, the Public College stations and sometimes the political talk shows like The McLaughlin report.

Yes, but it is helpfull to watch Fox and CNN to keep up with what the public focuses on.

C-SPAN deserves a quick glance because they sometimes have an author speaking (esp. on Saturdays) and they tend to be more objective with more accurate insight whereas most of those speaking on C-SPAN are politicians and their speaches are generally little more than a string of political platitudes. I rarely listen to speaches.

Sometimes the program takes in phone callers for questions to the speaker. The "questions" generally turn out to be long-winded innane diatribes while the poor speaker has to sit there facing the camera diplomatically listening to all that nonsense and then have to respond politely to it. I feel so sorry for them . . . :(

The McLaughlin report? I'll look into it.

Nope. I only watch local news and the PBS nightly news. I get the rest of my news on the net.

Nope. I only watch local news and the PBS nightly news. I get the rest of my news on the net.

The local news in Seattle is more or less just a police blotter. Since much of the violence in my city happens within ten blocks of my location...I rarely have to get my reports second hand from the television. Road closures and construction heads up are informative but the traffic people have put up electronic reader boards all over the place ..especially near the many draw bridges.. to let people know what they might have to wait for or avoid. As far as the weather reports... ya don't need a television to see if it is raining or the sun is out.:lol:

I have to back track a little on my previous statement in that I stumbled upon Chris Berman and the guy from Comedy Central (Jon Stewart)l going at it this weekend. It was entertaining so I watched the whole thing. Stewart splained it to Berman what a hack network they run. I laughed my ass off. :lol: :lol:

I watch both. When I grow fed up on the way CNN drags out, overtalking, its unending human interest stories and its advice, i click the switch button and move over to Fox. If Fox is then on one of its multiple-male anti-Obama diatribes, I give up and switch to the History channel where I usually end up with something like another flying saucer story. If so, I then switch to the National Geographic channel. There, I often find more about some tentative discovery in Israel of possible evidence some character in the Bible might have been burried there.:cuckoo:

So, I end up back at CNN, but by them, it is into commercials. Even with the sound off, it is more than I can endure to see another "making out" drug ad. :eek:

I give up and turn on NPR radio.:razz:

I watch FOX--because I can get the conservative and liberal opinion. My favorite is Greta Van Sustren. CNN is noted for heavily biasing their comments toward the left side of the isle--and were very helpful in kicking Hillary Clinton to the curb--and were a prep rally for Barack Obama. So I have lost all faith in their abilitiy to report on political candidates or news. I used to watch them.

$media bias.gif

Forum List

Back