Do you want to learn more?

Do you want to know more or do you think you know enough?

• I know enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Do you want to learn more than you already know, or do you think that you know enough?

Follow up: What do you do to teach yourself new things?

Always want to learn more, and exposing yourself to new ideas and expieriences goes a long way to doing just that.

I like hearing that. And I'm hoping that we can all find shared values such as this to build on despite any political difference

Always want to learn more, and exposing yourself to new ideas and expieriences goes a long way to doing just that.

I like hearing that. And I'm hoping that we can all find shared values such as this to build on despite any political difference

As do I. Like any other muscle, the mind must be worked in order to grow. Respecting anothers positions and values is a must when trying to hear what they are saying. If you can't hear what they are saying you can't evaluate or assimulate the information they put out. This doesn't mean it will be sufficent to change opinions, but hopefully it will be enough to understand why someone thinks the way they do.

God no. I know way too much. I need to forget tons of stuff. Do you realize how much pot I have to smoke just to come to USMB and talk to some of you people? It's costing me a small fortune! :tongue:

Actually, I will always need to keep adding to my library of books on history, politics, literature and philosophy. It's a big world out there and the more you learn the more you understand how little you know, lol. That said, I'd also like to learn some new skills of the practical variety. For example things like, shooting and gun safety, rock climbing and automobile repair. (beyond changing a tire, battery or oil)

In terms of my hobbies and interests, I'd definitely like to learn more. In terms of my political viewpoints or in relation to my job/career.... No Thanks, I'm good.

Something I learned today that I didn't realize is that though we may take telling time for granted, we are only able to because brilliant minds worked thousands of years to get us to this point.

would-you-like-to-know-more_682_o.jpg

God no. I know way too much. I need to forget tons of stuff. Do you realize how much pot I have to smoke just to come to USMB and talk to some of you people? It's costing me a small fortune! :tongue:

Actually, I will always need to keep adding to my library of books on history, politics, literature and philosophy. It's a big world out there and the more you learn the more you understand how little you know, lol. That said, I'd also like to learn some new skills of the practical variety. For example things like, shooting and gun safety, rock climbing and automobile repair. (beyond changing a tire, battery or oil)

:lol:

I've been studying the same basic thing my whole life.

Social science.

Of late (roughly the last two decades) my focus has been on economics and social psychology.

I figure if I study really hard for the next four or five centuries, I might actually start to get a handle on how things really work.

Forum List

Back