Do You Want More Or Less Government In Your Life?

Do You Want More Or Less Government In Your Life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want LESS BAD GOVERNMENT and MORE GOOD GOVERNMENT in my life.

So do you and I don't give fig how much you tell me otherwise.

That IS what you want.

Just curious about what most here on USMB prefer when it comes to Government in their lives. Thanks.

Less government is more liberty in my opinion.

The only thing the govt does for me that i can't do for myself is maintain the roads I drive on....and my fuel taxes pay for that ;). And they maintain a military to defend us.

Maybe they do other things for me too but I can't think of them, maybe a pro-large govt person can challenge my statement and make me think more.

I would like to know what it is that you cannot do......or are forced to do......by "big government" that you were allowed to do or were free not to do 10, 20, 30 years ago?

All of this whining about government intrusion seems to have little basis in reality.

The poll is stupid, of course. Americans, in general, are not in favor of being told what to do or what not to do. That goes for "liberals" at least as much as it does for "conservatives".

To the dude who said he only needs roads and the military....................you are funny.

So give me some examples of what else the govt is doing for me right now that I can't do for myself or the private sector can't do for me just as good?

Last edited:
Just curious about what most here on USMB prefer when it comes to Government in their lives. Thanks.

Maybe a 3rd choice less than what we have now. Some Federal government is good. Foreign policy should be it's job Domestic policy should be left to the states and the feds ensure that individual rights are protected.

Maybe a 3rd choice less than what we have now. Some Federal government is good. Foreign policy should be it's job Domestic policy should be left to the states and the feds ensure that individual rights are protected.

That was the 2nd choice honestly. He didn't say NO govt ;)

That being said you are right about domestic issues being state issues, the constitution didn't give the feds the authority to do much of what they do today.

That IS what you want.

I want less government period.

I want the remainder to be better than what it is.

That is what I want.

No EPA.
No Federal Dept. Of Education

32 for less

2 for more.

Well, we know we have at least 2 whack jobs on the board.

That IS what you want.

Oh yes - less government - PERIOD!!!!

Wait, but you said "period". Why would you say "period" and then go on to qualify your statement? Do you know how to use English?

That is what I want.

No EPA.

Awesome. Eliminate Pell Grants and sudsidized student loans, making it even harder for the underclass to scrape there way out of poverty.

Perfect plan.

Also - check this out:

Major incidents in the US
1948, October 30–31, Donora, PA: 20 died, 600 hospitalized, thousands more stricken. Lawsuits were not settled until 1951.[18]
1953, November, New York: Smog kills between 170 and 260 people.[18]
1954, October, Los Angeles: heavy smog shuts down schools and industry for most of the month.[18]
1963, New York: blamed for 200 deaths[19]
1966, New York: blamed for 169 deaths[19]
Smog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny how we haven't had any major smog incidents since 1966.

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970...United States Environmental Protection Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting....
I do like smog!

I also don't think there is nearly enough lead in our water. Lead is an important nutrient, important especially to the growth of children.

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT THE RIGHT UNDERSTAND BASIC HISTORY?

Last edited:
I couldn't answer the poll, because my answer would be either "both" or "neither."

I want MORE government that helps MY interest against the power of the rich and corporations.

I want LESS government that helps THEIR interests against me.

I couldn't answer the poll, because my answer would be either "both" or "neither."

I want MORE government that helps MY interest against the power of the rich and corporations.

There used to be something called a "union" that did that - but those are mostly relics of the past now.

That IS what you want.

Oh yes - less government - PERIOD!!!!

Wait, but you said "period". Why would you say "period" and then go on to qualify your statement? Do you know how to use English?

Awesome. Eliminate Pell Grants and sudsidized student loans, making it even harder for the underclass to scrape there way out of poverty.

Perfect plan.

Also - check this out:

Major incidents in the US
1948, October 30–31, Donora, PA: 20 died, 600 hospitalized, thousands more stricken. Lawsuits were not settled until 1951.[18]
1953, November, New York: Smog kills between 170 and 260 people.[18]
1954, October, Los Angeles: heavy smog shuts down schools and industry for most of the month.[18]
1963, New York: blamed for 200 deaths[19]
1966, New York: blamed for 169 deaths[19]
Smog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny how we haven't had any major smog incidents since 1966.

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970...United States Environmental Protection Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting....
I do like smog!

I also don't think there is nearly enough lead in our water. Lead is an important nutrient, important especially to the growth of children.

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT THE RIGHT UNDERSTAND BASIC HISTORY?

No smog incidents since 1966.

Four years prior to the start of the EPA which really didn't get rocking and rolling for several years after that.

Now, that is the kind of cause and effect I expect to hear from the left.

There used to be something called a "union" that did that - but those are mostly relics of the past now.

From what I recall, unions had their own government. If you got out of line....well, you were punished. They were great as long as you went along. Step out of line and your interests might get a bit battered and bruised.

Thats the kind of government we want. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

A great response.

I agree with you.

So if it us agains the corporate world...why are we losing. My guess is that we are not nearly as engaged as they are.

Am I wrong ?

That IS what you want.

That is what I want.

No EPA.

So in your opinion ending those two depratments would solve the problems we are facing?

Seriously?

That's ALL we need do?

Forum List

Back