Do You Want More Or Less Government In Your Life?

Do You Want More Or Less Government In Your Life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Just curious about what most here on USMB prefer when it comes to Government in their lives. Thanks.

Much less.. I believe our country is drowning in government intrusion which is destroying the very foundation of our Republic. I also think you're going to get a left and right divide.. left prefers more government while those who lean right or independent prefer less.

Just curious about what most here on USMB prefer when it comes to Government in their lives. Thanks.

Less government is more liberty in my opinion.

The only thing the govt does for me that i can't do for myself is maintain the roads I drive on....and my fuel taxes pay for that ;). And they maintain a military to defend us.

Maybe they do other things for me too but I can't think of them, maybe a pro-large govt person can challenge my statement and make me think more.

Last edited:

The only thing the govt does for me that i can't do for myself is maintain the roads I drive on....and my fuel taxes pay for that ;).

Maybe they do other things for me too but I can't think of them, maybe a pro-large govt person can challenge my statement and make me think more.

Well said. Thanks.

Would be nice to have an efficient one, I submit that in so doing, it can help but do both things be less intrusive and also be helpful not only to the citizens that it exists for, but also foster environments for business to thrive, as well as defend this nation. Call me nationalistic if you will, but I tend to believe that an efficient Govt. works well for everyone and by everyone, I mean Americans.

Would be nice to have an efficient one, I submit that in so doing, it can help but do both things be less intrusive and also be helpful not only to the citizens that it exists for, but also foster environments for business to thrive, as well as defend this nation. Call me nationalistic if you will, but I tend to believe that an efficient Govt. works well for everyone and by everyone, I mean Americans.

I think if our govt did get efficient we would, as a result, have less govt than we do now. Do you agree?

I think if our govt did get efficient we would, as a result, have less govt than we do now. Do you agree?

Pilgrim, I was basically saying the same thing, except your's was much less wordy. LOL so yes I agree. You know me when it come's to DOD purchasing, and how to make it more efficient , I must have 500 posts on the subject, lol and can think if no better example of that.

I would like to know what it is that you cannot do......or are forced to do......by "big government" that you were allowed to do or were free not to do 10, 20, 30 years ago?

All of this whining about government intrusion seems to have little basis in reality.

The poll is stupid, of course. Americans, in general, are not in favor of being told what to do or what not to do. That goes for "liberals" at least as much as it does for "conservatives".

To the dude who said he only needs roads and the military....................you are funny.

I would like to know what it is that you cannot do......or are forced to do......by "big government" that you were allowed to do or were free not to do 10, 20, 30 years ago?

All of this whining about government intrusion seems to have little basis in reality.

The poll is stupid, of course. Americans, in general, are not in favor of being told what to do or what not to do. That goes for "liberals" at least as much as it does for "conservatives".

To the dude who said he only needs roads and the military....................you are funny.

Our Freedom & Liberty has been steadily eroding for the last 40yrs. Government is getting bigger and more dominant. That's just reality. Look around,i mean really look around. You have far less freedom and rights than you might think.

Our Freedom & Liberty has been steadily eroding for the last 40yrs. Government is getting bigger and more dominant. That's just reality. Look around,i mean really look around. You have far less freedom and rights than you might think.

I really, really appreciate the fact that your reply was so specific and full of clear examples. Thanks so much.

I would LOVE a government agency - like the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, the IRS, the Dept. of Education - to "step in" and manage my finances and my entire life.

(hurl)

A: Depends on the specifics of what government program at hand.

Sorry - I wouldn't want to suggest that government - or anything in fact - is complicated. It just seems to me that some of the right at least should have continued their literary education past "Goldi Locks"

The only thing the govt does for me that i can't do for myself is maintain the roads I drive on....and my fuel taxes pay for that ;). And they maintain a military to defend us.

Actually, in theory the local militia is supposed to be citizens organized to defend ourselves. So we might be able to defend ourselves without the Federal Government necessarily doing it...

I would LOVE a government agency - like the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, the IRS, the Dept. of Education - to "step in" and manage my finances and my entire life.

(hurl)

:eek: Damn scary thought. Why would you say something like that?

Choose not to have health insurance.

Warrior........are you a veteran?

Yes I am.

And don't pull the "Then you were a government employee" bullshit on me.

I was a service member. Not a fat, overpaid lazy-fuck sitting at a computer all day as you'll witness if you walk into any Federal building in Washington, D.C.

We didn't sail battleships and aircraft carriers around with a bunch of government fucking bureaucrats aboard getting in the way of our business.

Putting the IRS or the DMV on the same plane as the USMC, USN, USA, USAF or the USCG is fucking moronic and ignorant.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back