Do you want me to turn this car back around and go home?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
And other nuggets our parents said.

What "Gems" do you use on your kids that your parents used on you?

I count like my mom did!
My parents were big and making my brother's and sister's walk when they were fighting in the car.

Gee. I always heard "Don't MAKE me turn this car around."

My favorite to use on kids who complain how hard life is? "You're young. You'll bounce back." or "Tape and aspirin to it, and walk it off."

I usually tell my son to walk it off, if it isn't bad but he is pretty good about not crying about the small stuff.
He did just throw himself on th ground and right onto a toy so now he has nice egg on his forehead.
I did tell them afterwords, " Teach you not to throw yourself on the floor."

I tell the 14 yo that anything she's thinking about doing, wanting to do, has done, or dreams about doing has been done by mom, and she WILL get caught!

Of course, I had a big sister that corrupted me! ;)

From my dad to me and/or my brother,
Shut up, or you'll be wearing your ass for a hat.
Don't be stupid (accompanied by a slap upside the head after doing something stupid).

From me to my daughters,
You don't have to be able to out run the bear, you just have to be able to out run your sister.

You do NOT want me to stop this car.
See what happens when you don't listen to Mom?
And my personal all-time favorite: Excuse me, Who's the Boss?

dont wish away time....my mother always told me that...i always told my son that...speaking of son..he has not called to tell me he is off the rock....worried forehead....damn that boy....does he not realize that causes wrinkles...brb..calling his sorry ass

or ...i dont care what other parents do or think....cause of course we were the only parents who cared...if you were drinking....if you were late ...if you were _______________ just fill in the blank.

Forum List

Back