Do you 'want' anyone to go to hell?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
David Duke? Hitler? Al Sharpton? All of them racists, one of them a mass-murderer. Ted Bundy...Ted Kennedy - all killers...but do Christians really 'want' some people to go to hell?

I personally do NOT...It'd be my hope that ANY Of those vile men would come to Christ and experience forgiveness.

Especially Mr. Sharpton.

:)

nope cant say i do. But thats not really my choice. its up to them to choose where they want to go.

Seriously - I'm not sure it matters what hell means to 'me'. What hell or where hell is located is beside the point. We know it's a 'place' or a 'state of being' away from God.

I know of a woman who was having marital problems. Her husband told her to "Go to hell." She asked a religious leader what he should do about it. he told her "Don't go"

I know of a woman who was having marital problems. Her husband told her to "Go to hell." She asked a religious leader what he should do about it. he told her "Don't go"
LMAO! Hey, good advice, LOL!

-Cp said:
ROFL!!

But how do you know God will allow anyone to go to "hell"?

because it's not God's call...it's 'ours'. We go to hell. God forbids some to enter 'heaven' -

I don't want to get sidetracked into a semantics debate, however.

-=d=- said:
because it's not God's call...it's 'ours'. We go to hell. God forbids some to enter 'heaven' -

I don't want to get sidetracked into a semantics debate, however.

I'm asking, what makes you think that anyone will end up going to hell - their choice or otherwise?

-Cp said:
I'm asking, what makes you think that anyone will end up going to hell - their choice or otherwise?

The Bible. see: Sheep and the Goats.

41"Then he will say to those on THE left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

(I added 'the', originally was 'his')

-=d=- said:
The Bible. see: Sheep and the Goats.

(I added 'the', originally was 'his')

First, it is important to note that this separation of the sheep from the goats was brought about, not on the basis of whether one had accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour, but solely on the basis of WORKS. Everything depended entirely upon what the sheep or goats had DONE or NOT DONE. There was nothing of faith or a spiritual experience connected with this separation. The sheep were set on God's RIGHT HAND because of the fact that they had done something — given meat and drink to the Lord's brethren, clothed them, visited them, and comforted them. And note — in the whole parable there are only three companies: the sheep, the goats, and the Lord 's brethren. The Lord's brethren are the body of Christ. This has nothing to do with winning souls, or visiting the people in the wards at the hospital, or giving food and clothing to the poor or to the derelicts on Skid Row. It is not a ministry to the lost or to humanity but a ministry unto the body of Christ, the Lord's brethren. It is not about what the saints do for others, but what the nations do in regard to the people of God. It is not individuals that are gathered at the right hand and the left hand of God, but all the nations. All these things the Lord said they had DONE TO HIM.
But the sheep (good nations) confessed that they had never seen Him, so how could they have done these things to the Lord? He answered, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of one of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me. All of this is a kind of ministry unto the Lord Himself, and it brought these nations of people into a separation unto the RIGHT HAND of God!

This meant an entrance into a kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world. This kingdom was not some far-off land of ivory palaces, golden streets, white night gowns, wings and harps, where there is nothing to do and all eternity to do it in. THIS IS A KINGDOM. And because it is a kingdom it denotes rulership and advancement of all kinds. It indicates the bringing of a great many people into a higher realm in the Spirit than they have ever known. It means the salvation of nations with a most favored status in relation to the kingdom of God; it means WORK and RESPONSIBILITY and a place of ministry and authority to bless.

But the people of the nations who had never done all these things mentioned by the Lord were separated unto the LEFT HAND of God! They received no kingdom, no status in the order of God for the age to come. There were no rewards for work done or attainments reached. Rather, they were set on the dark side of God, they were put under a kingdom and under authority and they were placed in a process of fiery judgment to receive correction. There is much subtle truth in these words of Jesus: "These shall go away into everlasting punishment." The word "punishment" is from the Greek KOLASIS which means simply that — punishment. But it comes from the root KOLAZO which sheds precious light upon the nature of the punishment. KOLAZO, according to Strong's Concordance, bears only two shades of meaning, namely, "to curtail" or "to chastise." To "curtail" means to restrain as a person is restrained in jail or a child is restrained when he is "grounded" for a week because of some disobedience. "Chastise" has one simple meaning according to Webster's New World Dictionary: "to punish in order to correct, usually by beating." It should be clear to any thoughtful mind that the subject here is not meaningless, sadistic, unending torture, but PURPOSEFUL CORRECTION. The Diaglott says, "Depart from Me, you cursed ones, into that aionian fire...and these shall go away into a cutting-off age lasting." The Bible in Modern English by Farrar Fenton reads, "And these He will dismiss into a long correction." Rotherham's New Testament says, "These shall go away into age-abiding correction." Young's Literal translation says, "And these shall go away to punishment age-during."

And a last thought...

Some will only "see* the Kingdom, others will "enter" the Kingdom and a remnant few will actually "inherit" the Kingdom! This also relates to Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles.
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee. Except a man be born again, he cannot SEE The Kingdom of God. (KJV) John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and o/the Spirit, he cannot EMTER Into the Kingdom of God. (KJV) Matthew 25:31-40 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the Sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, INHERIT The Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the
world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in?or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them.
Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (KJV) The scripture is very clear, those who give food and water to the needy, and shelter and clothing to the homeless, are the ones who Inherit the Kingdom!
These will be Merciful and grant Mercy to all. They are the Sheep of the right Hand, the Little Flock, the Sons of God. This fully mature group of Sons will become one with EI-Elyon, the Most High God, even as Jesus is one with him. The Saints of the Most High are the Little Flock who will inherit or possess the Kingdom.

Short Answer: "Crucifixion," or its equivalent, is INTRINSIC to the kind of love in which God forgave and continues to forgive us, His enemies, who nailed Jesus to a cross." (cf. Rom. 5:6-10; Col. 1:21-22).

This one-sentence answer can be expanded into a short paragraph as follows:
To say that the kind of love which forgives ENEMIES "intrinsically" brings "crucifixion" upon the one who practices it, is to say that it is not something imposed arbitrarily from without, but is an inherent consequence of such love; it is a revelation of how COSTLY such love is to the one who practices it. Thus, Christ did not die so that God could forgive us, but rather God's forgiving love of us is what brought about the death of Christ.
In other words, Christ's death was not the cause of God's forgiveness, but rather its accompaniment.

Christ had to die because we were dead; and we were dead because we were appointed to die; (Heb. 9:27). and we were appointed to die because paradoxically, our ultimate destiny is life and life abundant. The very life of God is to be our life, and only the experience of death can prepare us for this life. The extremity of need, which is death, is the only worthy complement to the bounty of His life. Death is a spiritual vacuum that, when exposed to the life of Christ, whose life is perfect union with God, causes us to fill our lungs like a man underwater who has run out of air and breaks the surface gasping for breath. Death is the compression of the human spirit like the compression of the bulb on a syringe, the result being that when the compression is released, we suck in the water of life. Christ was named Immanuel (God with us) and He joined us in our death that we might join Him in His life. He was subjected to death so that in the flesh, as one of us and as our forerunner, the firstfruits (I Cor. 15:20,23) of all mankind, He would be "raised from the dead by the glory of the Father [so that] we too may live a new life." (Rom. 6:4). The last enemy, Death is defeated by being forced to be an instrument for life, and then it is vanquished forever.
Death is not the result of the abuse of man's free will. God planned for it to be the temporal, all-pervasive condition of humanity to prepare us to experience His life in all its fulness. Nothing but sin and death can bring out the best in God. They bring out a quality of His love which reveals the passion in God to be with us, even though it means he became flesh in order to participate in the slime pits of our human condition. So Jesus, Immanual, joined us and died on the cross bearing spiritually, soulically and physically our sin and all its consequence. Without sin and death, the love of God would be experienced as merely benign, but when that love comes to us bearing our sin and death and all the effects on spirit, soul and body, it is revealed in all its depth, brilliance and fire.
We had to be lured by the temptation to be independently self-sufficient like we were led to believe God was; tempted to be gods who control their own destinies. We didn't know that not even God is self-sufficient in that mode. He is relational by nature. He is the Father/Mother/Son/Daughter God and He draws His sufficiency from His relational being. We have to experience that which is alien to our nature (independence and separation) before we can ever assimilate that which is native to us (dependence and union). This union is to be found in the Spirit of God. (Gal. 2:20). So we say with St. Paul "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death, if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection from among the dead." (Phil. 3: 10-11).

The reason Christ had to die was because God is "not willing for ANY to perish, but that all shall come to repentance." (II Pet. 3:9). Thus we know that it is His expressed will, that all be saved. Since Paul said that He works "ALL THINGS after the counsel of His own will," (Eph. 1:11) I think it's safe to say that He knows how to get His will accomplished, and consequently, all will be saved! To say otherwise is to suggest that God isn't powerful enough to cause His will to be done. And by the way, if you're looking for a scripture that promises salvation for everyone, how about Romans 11:26, for starters, where Paul writes, "And so all Israel shall be saved." Even Lot's wife? (Gen. 19:26). Even Nadab and Abihu? (Num.
3:4). Even Hophni and Phinehas? (I Sam. 2:22-25; 4:17). And what about Judas? (Matt. 27:3-8). Nevertheless, it was God, Paul said, who subjected the creation to vanity, (Rom. 8:20) and in fact, he goes farther than that, and says, "For God has consigned ALL MEN to disobedience, that He may HAVE MERCY UPON ALL!" (Romans 11:32). Since God subjected the creation and everything in it to vanity and bondage, He is the only one who can deliver us from that, which is why John the Beloved wrote, "For God so loved THE WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God sent the son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." (Jn. 3:16-17). Jesus said, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL MEN unto me." (Jn. 12:32). Was Jesus lying here? Fantasizing?
Optimistically hoping? Or telling the truth? He said of himself that He was the truth, the way and the life, (Jn. 14:6) and the Apostle John said of him, "That (Jesus) was the true Light, which lighteth EVERY MAN that cometh into the world." (Jn. 1:9). This is why Jesus had to die, my friend. His blood paid the price for our release from sin. (Rom. 3:23-25; 5:10; Heb.
9:22; 10:4; I Jn. 2:2). On the cross, He said, "It is finished." (Jn.
19:30). That tells us that He accomplished what He set out to do. And while His sacrificial death bought our freedom from sin, it did much more than that. Paul puts the whole thing in capsule form in Romans 5:10: "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." Man could not save himself from the dreadful bondage he found himself in, (Eph. 2:1:
12-19; Col. 2:13-14) and thus, God, who had subjected him to this in order to show His eternal glory to man, sent His only begotten Son to die for us.
That's why Jesus had to die.

-Cp said:
First, it is important to note that this separation of the sheep from the goats was brought about, not on the basis of whether one had accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour, but solely on the basis of WORKS.

Not true at all...it was solely on the basis of their HEARTS. The Goats professed "Did we not heal the sick, in your name? Did we not cast out demons?"

It's their HEARTS God is judging...not simply their works.

-=d=- said:
Not true at all...it was solely on the basis of their HEARTS. The Goats professed "Did we not heal the sick, in your name? Did we not cast out demons?"

It's their HEARTS God is judging...not simply their works.

Umm.. yes, it is true... the only thing that separated the Sheep from the Goats is what "they did or didn't do"....

-=d=- said:
David Duke? Hitler? Al Sharpton? All of them racists, one of them a mass-murderer. Ted Bundy...Ted Kennedy - all killers...but do Christians really 'want' some people to go to hell?

I personally do NOT...It'd be my hope that ANY Of those vile men would come to Christ and experience forgiveness.

Especially Mr. Sharpton.

:)
George Bush!!!

Forum List

Back