Do you want a global government?

Do you want a global government?

• YES

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • NO

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
Oh! YES!

All American liberals want to dissolve the United States as a sovereign entity and bow down to the will of the UN........or Al Quaeda. Whichever gives us more freebies.

Imbeciles.

Yes, that is what they want.

It would depend on the type of government. You seem to be afraid of a highly centralized controlling government, while I'd envision one that concerned itself with global problems with lots of autonomy given to local jurisdictions. "States' rights" written large, if you will.

In other words you believe there is a Happy Land called Utopia.

I do want some form of world government. Much like the states need a federal government - to handle disputes between them and afford mutual protection - nations benefit from joining a world government that can resolve disputes without warfare. The key is concise (constitutional) limits on the scope of its power.

Absolutely not, anyone who would give up their sovereignty to anyone can kindly stay out of my life.

All that's different would be the size of the entity. How is it any different than the situation now between you and your country, your state or your local jurisdiction? The sovereignty game is already over, if that's your argument.

The size of the entity would definitely NOT be the only difference.

If you believe for one second that - for instance - Saudi Arabia grant equal right in your Utopia to Christians more than it does now in Saudi Arabia, you are dreaming.

Or, for that matter Zimbabwe, in your dream world would be kinder to whites than it is in present day Zimbabwe?

The "sovereignty game" is not over, never will be, as long as people believe in their own history, in their own worth and in their future.

Only cowards would give those up voluntarily.

Do the wingnuts here disagree with the Constitution and founders intent that all treaties entered have the force of law? That's really the issue. No one is suggesting that we move to a single world government, except the Bush neocons.

Oh! YES!

All American liberals want to dissolve the United States as a sovereign entity and bow down to the will of the UN........or Al Quaeda. Whichever gives us more freebies.

Imbeciles.

You're the imbecile. Was your state, assuming it was one of the original 13, dissolved when the USA was formed?

Your analogy is not valid.

All the next 37 States (after the original 13) had something, indeed LOTS of things in common with the original 13.

America has NOTHING in common with scores of countries you would sacrifice American independence and sovereignty to.

I do want some form of world government. Much like the states need a federal government - to handle disputes between them and afford mutual protection - nations benefit from joining a world government that can resolve disputes without warfare. The key is concise (constitutional) limits on the scope of its power.

Do you think theocracies like Iran are willing to resolve disputes without warfare or terrorism? Especially with Israel? Today the UN is rife with corruption, I don't see that changing for the better under a world gov't.

Do you think theocracies like Iran are willing to resolve disputes without warfare or terrorism? Especially with Israel? Today the UN is rife with corruption, I don't see that changing for the better under a world gov't.

The same UN that replaced Canada with Syria on the Security council because Canada told them to shove Kyoto up their ass? That UN? lol fuck them indeed.

All these same arguments can be applied to any level of government. And yes, the UN is a useless mess. I'm not sure what approach we should take on forming a decent world government - or even if it's possible in the foreseeable future. But it seems obvious that a government resolving disputes is, in general, better than unrestrained warfare between nations.

My family has fought for this country for 10, generations. Fuck global governance, and every unamerican that wants it! If it happens - they will rule over my corpse! :salute:

All these same arguments can be applied to any level of government. And yes, the UN is a useless mess. I'm not sure what approach we should take on forming a decent world government - or even if it's possible in the foreseeable future. But it seems obvious that a government resolving disputes is, in general, better than unrestrained warfare between nations.

I would suggest that a global gov't is not going to prevent warfare. Not unless you have an overwhelming police force, not sure I want to go down that road.

Forum List

Back