Do You Use RSS Feeds?

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
I am a fairly recent convert. I find RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds very convenient for quickly and effortlessly obtaining news of all different types. If when on a website, I come across a link to an RSS feed I am interested in, I import the feed directly into MS Outlook and the headlines associated with the feed automatically appear in the folder tree. Thus it is possible to scan hundreds of up-to-the-moment headlines pertaining to current news, science, software, etc., without ever having to evoke a program other than Outlook. When one sees a headline of interest, then click on it and thereby open the link to that site. No more time consuming jumping from site to site to get the news (or whatever new info you are interested in), just import RSS feeds into Outlook.

I used a freeware reader, but lazyness prevented me from checking it regularly. Then I used bloglines, but lazyness......

Now I use the feeds menu in IE7. I just don't do it regular.

For news updates I use custom searches via google.

I prefer full-featured website links (even on my iPhone) just because I enjoy associating site content with the format of the site itself.

Forum List

Back