Do you trust 0bama's motives in economic policy

Is 0bama Genuine?

• He knows what he is doing, and that is a bad thing

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • He is clueless

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Bush screwed the pooch so badly that it will take him a long time to fix the problem

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 12, 2008
One of the more interesting comments of Machiavelli in The Prince is that if you want to hold on to power you have seized from a republic, you don't make things better, you make things deliberately worse. People will hold onto any spar in a storm, and will seize onto the stability of no change, no matter how much things get worse. People only want change when they are comfortable. When things are scary, they seek to avoid it.

I think this chapter is sort of what drives the realy sad histories of the world.. like Cuba, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Russia, China, Ethiopia.... The list goes on.

0bama does not like dissent, seems not to be too comfortable with open democratic process... and his economic policies always seem to be the opposite of what has been shown to be effective. He does seem to be deliberately driving the economy ever further down.

I hade never trusted him. I have always thought him to be smarter than the guys who thought they were pulling his strings, and I have long thought his attitudes about alternative views to be a danger.

So, do you think he is clueless, or dangerous?

Hell no I don't trust him.

Take his newly proposed "Bank Tax"

Under the guise of "getting our money back" Obama will attach a 15% tax on a group of firms whether they took bailout money or not.

And some of those same firms were FORCED to take bailout money.

A number of those firms have paid some or ALL of the money back already.

This tax is a tax on Americans. It is a tax on small business.

And they call in bankers yesterday to shake their fingers at them - but they did not call in FANNIE or FREDDIE. What kind of BULLSHIT is that?

Trust Obama???

HELL NO.

First of all, I don't place trust in government. Second of all, even if I did, Obama is an ignoramus in even basic economics, so I wouldn't anyway.

One of the more interesting comments of Machiavelli in The Prince is that if you want to hold on to power you have seized from a republic, you don't make things better, you make things deliberately worse. People will hold onto any spar in a storm, and will seize onto the stability of no change, no matter how much things get worse. People only want change when they are comfortable. When things are scary, they seek to avoid it.

I think this chapter is sort of what drives the realy sad histories of the world.. like Cuba, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Russia, China, Ethiopia.... The list goes on.

0bama does not like dissent, seems not to be too comfortable with open democratic process... and his economic policies always seem to be the opposite of what has been shown to be effective. He does seem to be deliberately driving the economy ever further down.

I hade never trusted him. I have always thought him to be smarter than the guys who thought they were pulling his strings, and I have long thought his attitudes about alternative views to be a danger.

So, do you think he is clueless, or dangerous?

I have said this to my husband more times than I can count.

I don't think he is clueless at all.

Hell no I don't trust him.

Take his newly proposed "Bank Tax"

Under the guise of "getting our money back" Obama will attach a 15% tax on a group of firms whether they took bailout money or not.

And some of those same firms were FORCED to take bailout money.

A number of those firms have paid some or ALL of the money back already.

This tax is a tax on Americans. It is a tax on small business.

And they call in bankers yesterday to shake their fingers at them - but they did not call in FANNIE or FREDDIE. What kind of BULLSHIT is that?

Trust Obama???

HELL NO.

I totally agree. I have never liked or trusted this guy and his tax will be payed by we the consumer. Does he honestly think the banks are going to pay for taxes??? This will drive up cost for anyone trying to do business with these banks. This guy has an agenda and he doesn't care what it costs to achieve that agenda. He has an ego the size of Texas.

Trust Obama

HELL NO

Last edited:
Yes...someone please tell me where Freddie and Fannie were yetserday? They were just as much involved as anyone else...and some, myslef included, believe they were at the center of it.

Likewise, where is the outrage for the Feds 46 billion dollar profit last year? Hillary and Obama, just to name 2, expressed horrible outrage for Exxons 45 billion dollar profit...yet there is silence for the Feds profit.

Nope...no trust in this corner. None.

Flawed poll. Sorry. Do I trust Obama's motives? Sure I do. How can anyone think he doesn't want his policies to turn the economy around. Unfortunately, I don't believe his policies will correct the problem no matter how good the intent.

-TSO

I think he knows exactly what he is doing. I think he knows exactly where it will lead.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Claward & Piven anyone?

Like with virtually everything else he's clueless. But he's taking advice from people who do know what they're doing and know that what they're doing won't work as advertised.

That's the reason why I dislike the man so much. He is anything but clueless... he knows exactly what he's doing, he is surrounded by people who know exactly what they are doing - it is the idiot libs who don't know.

Anyone who reads Cloward & Piven knows exactly what they are doing.

But that's just it....I don't think he's smart enough to know what Cloward and Piven is.

Like his predecessor, he's a flunky just narcissistic enough to believe in his own myth, and gullible enough to believe the really nefarious thugs with whom he has surrounded himself.

There's nobody (other than committed Marxist moonbats like Paul Krugman) who can say the truly ignorant things he does as often as he does, while being truly literate and conversant with proven economic cause/effect facts.

Yes, I trust him.

Good for you.
And how is that "no higher than 8% unemployment" doing for ya Marc?
How are those lobbyists not in the white house doing for ya?
How did his reading every bill line for line but missing the part about AIG employees getting bonuses written as law doing for ya?
CSPAN?
GITMO?
Healthcare by years end?
Shall I continue?

Better yet.....why dont you give me a list of his accomplishments? Not the rhetoric like "the world loves us better" and "Iran will dismantle their nuclear weapons program soon" crap....list me his actual accomplishemnts?

I know...I know....it has only been a year. Just like 6 months ago when people were saying it has only been 6 months, lets see where things are a year from now.

You don't succeed in "Chicago Politics" being clueless. This man is smart, just toooooo liberal.
You don't have to be terribly smart to be an ideologue goon...Just be an ideologue goon.

Truly smart people (like Bubba Clinton) can lie out their asses all day long about things that they only have superficial knowledge of, and make people believe it.

You don't succeed in "Chicago Politics" being clueless. This man is smart, just toooooo liberal.

I see it this way....

You dont succeed in record time in Chicago Politics unless you play the game of Chicago Politics.

An example of being clueless and being successful in Chicago Politics is Blogo

New Topics

Forum List

Back