Do you think you're a good person?

Maybe we should define "good"?

Everyone has a different opinion I'm sure.

I think my daughter is a good person. She worked as a firefighter and as an EMT. She helps everyone she can. Shoot she felt sorry for this guy that blew up his transmission on his way to Kansas one day. So she was going to loan her pickup to him. I stepped in and said no for he would not trash her little pickup tranny. I drove the guy and his trailer to Kansas with our big pickup.

My son is a good guy too. Very generous to other less fortunate and he is protective of others that are unable to protect themselves. One guy he worked with was a maniac. The guy pulled this kid out of his car and beat him up while they were working on a road crew. Son watched the whole ordeal going down from a distance and ran to help the kid in the car as quickly as he could. He got sick of working with this guy so one day he said something that he knew would inflame the guy and he walked out the shop door. The guy followed him and proceeded to punch him. Son stood there and took it. He knew the boss could see it and would have no other choice but to let this maniac with the temper go. I asked him if the black-eye was worth it and he said, "yeah". Son's no whimp, he's a 6' body builder. It took more courage to take a hit than it would to hit back. To me that is "good".

We all have different perspectives on what is good in a person. I think on a whole most people have something "good" you can find in them.
I once took an ass-whupping to prove a point. I let the ex-wifes new husband have at it.
Never hit the guy back, but just kept getting back up every time he knocked me down and asking him if that was all he had. Asking him if hitting me had proved him right yet. The hardest part wasn't letting him do it, it was letting my daughters see it. My girls were 13 and 15 at the time. My oldest is 21 now, last year she brought up that incident and told me she now realized that that action defined right and wrong for her.
I looked like death warmed over the next day.
And neither of my daughters turned out to be $cientologists.

I think my daughter is a good person. She worked as a firefighter and as an EMT. She helps everyone she can. Shoot she felt sorry for this guy that blew up his transmission on his way to Kansas one day. So she was going to loan her pickup to him. I stepped in and said no for he would not trash her little pickup tranny. I drove the guy and his trailer to Kansas with our big pickup.

My son is a good guy too. Very generous to other less fortunate and he is protective of others that are unable to protect themselves. One guy he worked with was a maniac. The guy pulled this kid out of his car and beat him up while they were working on a road crew. Son watched the whole ordeal going down from a distance and ran to help the kid in the car as quickly as he could. He got sick of working with this guy so one day he said something that he knew would inflame the guy and he walked out the shop door. The guy followed him and proceeded to punch him. Son stood there and took it. He knew the boss could see it and would have no other choice but to let this maniac with the temper go. I asked him if the black-eye was worth it and he said, "yeah". Son's no whimp, he's a 6' body builder. It took more courage to take a hit than it would to hit back. To me that is "good".

We all have different perspectives on what is good in a person. I think on a whole most people have something "good" you can find in them.
I once took an ass-whupping to prove a point. I let the ex-wifes new husband have at it.
Never hit the guy back, but just kept getting back up every time he knocked me down and asking him if that was all he had. Asking him if hitting me had proved him right yet. The hardest part wasn't letting him do it, it was letting my daughters see it. My girls were 13 and 15 at the time. My oldest is 21 now, last year she brought up that incident and told me she now realized that that action defined right and wrong for her.

So why did you let the guy beat you? I probably would've broken his arm.

Wuss.

Wuss.

You aren't man enough to take an ass-whupping for your principles, are you?

What principles? The only thing you said was you took an ass-whupping to prove a point. What was the point?

Don't get me wrong. My son would pound somebodies ass under certain conditions. Thing is though he would not do it as a bully.

Don't get me wrong. My son would pound somebodies ass under certain conditions. Thing is though he would not do it as a bully.

I fully understood.

There is nothing in my principles that would ever require that i take an ass kicking.

only from my mother....no one else...i understand the concept you were trying to instill..violence solves nothing...and what kind of man fights in from of the kids...

but xeno is right....nothing requires you take an ass kicking unless its your mom or dad

There is nothing in my principles that would ever require that i take an ass kicking.

Require is the wrong word.
You still aern't showing me how a principled stand requires you to be knocked down over and over.
Again you use the word "Require". And again it's the wrong word.

Evidently you've never had your ex-wife try and coerce your children into the cult of $cientology. Until that happens you will probably never understand.

Last edited:

only from my mother....no one else...i understand the concept you were trying to instill..violence solves nothing...and what kind of man fights in from of the kids...

but xeno is right....nothing requires you take an ass kicking unless its your mom or dad
You also use the word "require", wrong word.

good-egg.jpg

Require is the wrong word.
You still aern't showing me how a principled stand requires you to be knocked down over and over.
Again you use the word "Require". And again it's the wrong word.

Evidently you've never had your ex-wife try and coerce your children into the cult of $cientology. Until that happens you will probably never understand.
If taking a beating is your solution, you are right, I would never understand it.

Nor would I permit it.

Forum List

Back