Do you think your average tea partyer would take a pepper spray to the face-

If the tea party was any kind of threat to the oligarchy then you can bet your ass there would have been riot cops out there.

Well the TMP actually has influenced the system through the voting booth...OWS has yet to accomplish that task.

Oh, don't you worry Sherry....that's coming. I bet you can't wait for it...right? :D

Wait for what...the OWS to get organized?? Why would that bother me??

for the cause? They like to talk big but they are telling the OWS protesters to meekly submit to state authority when the state arbitrarily decides their rights have run out. All those who say they would never submit if the government trampled their rights need to look at OWS to see what that looks like.

The Tea party obeys the law. What a concept.

One does NOT have the right to deny access to other people to Classes or buildings on a Campus. Your 1st Amendment rights end where others rights are prevented.

Pretty simple concept.

Well the TMP actually has influenced the system through the voting booth...OWS has yet to accomplish that task.

Oh, don't you worry Sherry....that's coming. I bet you can't wait for it...right? :D

No, the organization process is a work-in-progress. I'm talking about them expressing their rights at the voting booth.

Are you looking forward to all the OWSers votes come November?

I dunno 'bout you, but I sure am! You bethca!!! :thup:

for the cause? They like to talk big but they are telling the OWS protesters to meekly submit to state authority when the state arbitrarily decides their rights have run out. All those who say they would never submit if the government trampled their rights need to look at OWS to see what that looks like.

The TEA protestors recognized the cops were there to do their job and maintain order, and they followed the rules.

I'm frankly wondering what the OWIES are trying to accomplish here? They honestly sound a bit selfish. "The rest of you should pay for my college!"

Really?

Because that's kind of what it's devolved down to. Boo-hoo, I owe a lot in college loans and I'm not getting that $50,000 job on graduation.

Not building up a lot of sympathy from someone like myself, who paid for college with miltiary service and working minimum wage jobs.

Let's concede, TEA and OWS both are really upset about the same thing- how our economic and governmental system is broken. Both have valid complaints about what some of the problems are.

But honestly, making life difficult for everyone else by occupying parks and campuses for days?

i don't think Teapartiers would be criminals.

So I guess that's where your comparison kinda breaks down.

I guess you didn't see that the kids who were sprayed with pepper spray by the criminal cops were just sitting quietly.

otherwise i'm sure you wouldn't say anything that silly.

and i'm sure you'll correct your statement once you see the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnR7xET7Uo]Police Pepper Spray Peaceful UC Davis Students - YouTube[/ame]

You are a lawyer, you know as well as we do that ones 1st amendment rights end when they prevent others from exercising their rights.

The protestors were ordered LEGALLY to move. They refused. The cops could have man handled them but chose instead to use pepper spray.

I say next time a bunch of counter protestors just beat the shit out of them when they refuse to move. I mean after all the Counter protestors have rights too, right?

The TEA protestors recognized the cops were there to do their job and maintain order, and they followed the rules.

I'm frankly wondering what the OWIES are trying to accomplish here? They honestly sound a bit selfish. "The rest of you should pay for my college!"

Really?

Because that's kind of what it's devolved down to. Boo-hoo, I owe a lot in college loans and I'm not getting that $50,000 job on graduation.

Not building up a lot of sympathy from someone like myself, who paid for college with miltiary service and working minimum wage jobs.

Let's concede, TEA and OWS both are really upset about the same thing- how our economic and governmental system is broken. Both have valid complaints about what some of the problems are.

But honestly, making life difficult for everyone else by occupying parks and campuses for days?

the tea people were a) older; b) had sporadic rallies; and c) weren't attacked by police like the Occupy people were in Oakland and UC Davis. To be fair, the police then also weren't paid 4.6 million to protect corporate interests like the NYPD were either.

just saying.

Really?

If that's the message you're getting then you've totally missed the boat. My guess is that you're filling your guts full of RW propaganda. You know, Hannity, O'Reilly, etc.

No, the organization process is a work-in-progress. I'm talking about them expressing their rights at the voting booth.

I wish more people would respect the privilege of voting...it doesn't concern me in the slightest, and as a man of faith, you should know the reason.;)

A few thousands liberal voters in Liberal strong holds? And we should be afraid? Hell the Philly crowd, as I understand it mostly supports Ron Paul.

And the supposed purpose of the OWS is to change the way the Government works, why would they vote for Democrats when they ARE the Government?

America has forgotten what anti establishment protests look like. The tea party was nothing but an anti Obama fest, nothing to do with anti government, they cannot wait to get their hands on the levers of power again, to become nationalists again. Real protests are inconvenient and costly for those who hold the reigns of power, if it does not provoke a negative response from those who you are protesting then it is nothing.

Really?

the tea people were a) older; b) had sporadic rallies; and c) weren't attacked by police like the Occupy people were in Oakland and UC Davis. To be fair, the police then also weren't paid 4.6 million to protect corporate interests like the NYPD were either.

just saying.

As I understand it, the 4.6 million you keep whinging about was a charitable donation for the families of officers killed or wounded during 9/11.

Yes, the TEA Party followed the rules. When they had a rally, they provided sanitation, organization, medical support, etc. The respected the police were there to do their jobs, safeguarding them and the public. They werent' there to disrupt anything or make life difficult for people, just to make their point.

The OWS is losing their point. the "99%" might describe, People who are sick of your bullshit.

The average tea partier doesn't break the law, doesn't shit in the street, doesn't do anything to get sprayed int he 1st place. They speak their piece and then they go home. Too bad the dumbfuck OWSers don't or won't do the same.

America has forgotten what anti establishment protests look like. The tea party was nothing but an anti Obama fest, nothing to do with anti government, they cannot wait to get their hands on the levers of power again, to become nationalists again. Real protests are inconvenient and costly for those who hold the reigns of power, if it does not provoke a negative response from those who you are protesting then it is nothing.

The TEA party was pretty clear on what they were against, and they stayed on point.

I'm still not sure what the point of the OWS is at this point. And neither are they.

Another point. I personally don't think these kids, who've been taken care of most of their lives, really have earned the right to really bitch about much of anything.

Really?

just saying.

They weren't attacked by the police because they violated no laws, caused no riots, seized no property, did not destroy private property, did not block traffic except when issued a permit to do so, followed the cops orders, etc etc. Any more ignorant statements you wanna make?

I'm sure that some of the TEA party protestors would have preferred pepper spray over fist, feet, and protest signs to their faces and bodies delivered by SEIU thugs

jus sayin

Is that the official definition of what constitutes a valid protest?? You sound like a fucking child: Our protesters are more legit than yours.:lol:

No, I'm pretty sure your average Tea Party protester would have enough intelligence not to put themselves in that situation. They were the ones that got permits for their protests...paid for security...and even cleaned up after themselves. Why would the police have to pepper spray people who understand how to protest so as to get their views across without trampling on the rights of others?

New Topics

Forum List

Back