Do you think White Privilege is real?

I've asked people for years if they could give me an example of white privilege...so far nobody has.

I've talked with people in person & on line...researched it, googled it, wiki'd it...I find no validity to white privilege what so ever.

However black privilege has been institutionalized & written into law. Affirmative action...easier admission standards into colleges for blacks...and many other things like the UNCF exists but you could never have the united white college fund. It would be declared "racist" and shut down.

Yet I'm still willing to listen. If you have an example of WP I would like to hear it.

I agree, it is real. For example, White Privilege got Obama elected president.

If there was an example...sayyyyyy...white people were allowed to drive cars but black people weren't...then ofcourse I would say there was white privilege.

But I haven't found anything like that...not one single example.

If there was an example...sayyyyyy...white people were allowed to drive cars but black people weren't...then ofcourse I would say there was white privilege.

But I haven't found anything like that...not one single example.

Affirmative Action is only one example of black privilege.

It isn't real. Maybe majority privilege but it has nothing to do with race.

Every countries majority holds the power. It is normal.

I think the problem is the word "privilege". I do believe there is profiling.

Does a black person stand a better chance of getting pulled over by the police? Probably.

Is there a better chance that a store owner will keep an eye on the black guy in the store? Probably.

Is that "privilege"? No. It's just humans being kinda shitty.

I tried in vain to get a machine maintenance contract in Atlanta and the black woman told me straight that you are the wrong color.

Does a black person stand a better chance of getting pulled over by the police? Probably.

I'm white & I've been pulled over by the cops oooooh 15-20 times in my life time.

You live in Minnesota. Who else were they going to pull over? The town black guy for the 45th time that week?

I live in Tejas and the three times I have been pulled over while living here has been for speeding ( twice ) and a taillight being out ( once ) and all three times by Hispanic Cops and I am white!

Is that not racial profiling I do not know what is...

( I am white and never felt privileged but knew with Hispanics that my life was easier... Except with those cops! )

I live in Tejas and the three times I have been pulled over while living here has been for speeding ( twice ) and a taillight being out ( once ) and all three times by Hispanic Cops and I an white!

were you speeding & was your tail light out?

Blacks think there is white privilege.
Gays say there is straight privilege.
Women think there is male privilege.

But the only real true privilege out there that we can all agree on is big boob privilege! :boobies:

Forum List

Back