Do you think U.S should donate food to N.Korea?

Not sure a famine caused by one of the most fucked up governments the world has ever known counts as a natural disaster or not, but it doesn't make those people any less hungry.

Hungry yes, and hopefully they'll figure out that they have had enough and remove the leadership. That is up to them. .

Do you really think a popular uprising among the literally starving and brainwashed people of NK is ever likely?

Nope, Kim Jong Un and his family are looked at as Gods there, and the people have no means to launch a revolution even if they wanted to, if you keep the people starving and barely alive, they cannot fight against you.

And at worst NK is a thorn in Chinas side that China would rather not deal with at the moment as it will be bloody and costly.

Isn't that our position vis-a-vis NK as well?

No, it isn't. NK has no benefit for us, only cost. SK is our friend and we will no doubt give them money, but their existence on the peninsula is up to them.

Not sure a famine caused by one of the most fucked up governments the world has ever known counts as a natural disaster or not, but it doesn't make those people any less hungry.

Hungry yes, and hopefully they'll figure out that they have had enough and remove the leadership. That is up to them. .

Do you really think a popular uprising among the literally starving and brainwashed people of NK is ever likely?

Yes, the ONE truly great motivator of change is hunger. Look at your history books and you will see most revolutions spring from hunger.

Nope, Kim Jong Un and his family are looked at as Gods there, and the people have no means to launch a revolution even if they wanted to, if you keep the people starving and barely alive, they cannot fight against you.

That seems to be the idea.

Yes, the ONE truly great motivator of change is hunger. Look at your history books and you will see most revolutions spring from hunger.

You are not looking at the situation there realistically.

Sure I am. Romania was the same way. Nicolae Ceaușescu ruled with just as much of an iron fist as the Ill's (I enjoyed typing that, and yes I mispelled on purpose) the revolution started with Olympic sharpshooters killing his guards with .22 target pistols and then it was game on. Romania is far better off now then it was then.

You need to read more history.

Sure I am. Romania was the same way. Nicolae Ceaușescu ruled with just as much of an iron fist as the Ill's (I enjoyed typing that, and yes I mispelled on purpose) the revolution started with Olympic sharpshooters killing his guards with .22 target pistols and then it was game on. Romania is far better off now then it was then.

You don't seem to understand the situation in NK.

You don't seem to understand the situation in NK.

I understand it quite well. I've read my history. I even did a paper on the use of terror in revolution in college that was well recieved. Nothing in NK is different from what was occuring in Romania or Stalins USSR or Mao's China. It's the same script, just with a different title.

It's much different than Romania. So was China at it's worst. NK is far worse than either.

Forum List

Back