Do you think the person needs to serve in the military to be president

And your Viet Nam exploits to compare with Kerry's?

What are yours to compare with Bush's? Or is that different?

Well, I actually served Regular Navy, and didn't try to dodge anything and showed up for duty every day for 21 years. I missed Vietnam, was already overseas during Grenada and Panama, and VOLUNTEERED for Desert Storm One, but it ended before I was shipped.

So this was a set up so I'd walk into your trap and you could prove you're a complete ass? I come from a military family and none of them would use that in the pathetic self serving way you just did.

Last edited:
I mean he is the commander and chief of the military. Dont you think he should know something about the military before signing any orders to send our troops off to war??? And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

That's why he has a Sec. of Defense and the Joint Chiefs. Nobody can be an expert at everything.

I mean he is the commander and chief of the military. Dont you think he should know something about the military before signing any orders to send our troops off to war??? And yes Bush served in the National guards before you liberal asses say anything:eusa_whistle:

No.

It certainly helps and is an extra qualifier. Especially if the person saw combat. Anyone that knows war in a personnal fashion will have a full understanding of what they are asking Vets to do.

But beyond that, there is much more to being Pres than being the CiC.

John Kerry put himself in for three purple hearts in a few months and re-submitted requests when they were turned down and then got the hell out on a technicality when he got them, then testified under oath he committed war crimes.

Al Gore had an entourage of personal security in Vietnam to make sure the Senators boy didn't get a paper cut.
John McCain on the other hand refused to leave the Hanoi Hilton because he was the son of a Senator because it wasn't his turn.

What John McCain has over the prior two is he actually is a war hero. How he's like the prior two is that he'd have made one God awful President. Military service is no litmus test.

Ever notice how the wingnuts often don't gives us cites when posting this kind of crap. Why is that? Couldn't be because they're outright lies and they're hoping no one calls them on it, could it?!?! No such luck today, son.

snopes.com: Al Gore in Vietnam

I know it's not a popular notion, but I believe that every individual who has served our country in the military is entitled to respect for that service, regardless of his/her political affiliation.

Any politician in the country the can be appropriately denigrated enough for their political views, their personal flaws, and even their ugliness. God knows most of them are corrupt bottom-feeders who deserve criticism. But it really bothers me to see their military service dismissed, diminished and disrespected. We should be better than that.

Althought I don't think people should be forced I wish more people would go in for at least 1 term of Military service, because not alot of people serve anymore and there is a growing disconnect between the civilian sector, our politicians and congressman with no Military experience and our Veterans and Military people still serving, for alot of people Military service is something foreign to them and something they only read about in the papers and when they play Medal of Honor on the XBOX.

Of course, it would get the president to understand how hard the troops fight for this country. Make him think twice before trying to kill this country by trying to raise taxes.

John Kerry put himself in for three purple hearts in a few months and re-submitted requests when they were turned down and then got the hell out on a technicality when he got them, then testified under oath he committed war crimes.

Al Gore had an entourage of personal security in Vietnam to make sure the Senators boy didn't get a paper cut.
John McCain on the other hand refused to leave the Hanoi Hilton because he was the son of a Senator because it wasn't his turn.

What John McCain has over the prior two is he actually is a war hero. How he's like the prior two is that he'd have made one God awful President. Military service is no litmus test.

Ever notice how the wingnuts often don't gives us cites when posting this kind of crap. Why is that? Couldn't be because they're outright lies and they're hoping no one calls them on it, could it?!?! No such luck today, son.

snopes.com: Al Gore in Vietnam

Had I called Gore a coward this would effectively refuted it. I didn't, I said he wasn't a "war hero." All this says is that Gore didn't request the extra security he got. I didn't say he did. So it doesn't contradict what I said. Nice try, son.

Forum List

Back