Do you think the GOP 2016 nominee will be a name currently being thrown around?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Lindsey Graham, Scott Walker, and Ted Cruz are all 2016 possibilities that receive decent to frequent discussion and attention. Do you think the GOP 2016 nominee will be someone from the list of frequently discussed GOP contenders, or do you think there is a dark horse candidate out there for the GOP?

Last edited:
Of course, name recognition is everything in a presidential election.

Throw Scott Walker in there too.

Thanks, I put him in there. I knew there were going to be names I was going to forget. There are SO MANY names that get some decent 2016 discussion when it comes to the GOP

I think it doth not matter. All of them lose to Hillary.
I agree. I just can't see the Democratic party allowing her to lose the primary if she chooses to run again. That would be such an insult and her and her husband have done so much for the party.

So once she clears the primary, America is extremely close to its first female president. I don't see anything stopping her

Last edited:
Yep, there is a much broader group than usual of candidates that have a reasonable shot.

I bet by end of January after Iowa and New Hampshire a few will have already been shaken out of the tree and it'll be down to six.

Scott Walker or Rand Paul. Jindal is a good candidate but I think the statistical chances of having two people of color hold the presidential office back to back is not good.

I'm guessing Rand Paul.

Jeb Bush or Chris Christie would appeal to the more moderate base of the GOP, but I don't think the country is ready for a 3rd Bush, and Chris Christie isn't very well liked by some GOP voters.

Rand Paul, on the other hand, has fiscal policies that would appeal to the Libertarian base, and foreign policies that would appeal to the Independent base.

Rand Paul also has some baggage, he has said some batshit crazy stuff over the years. He's learned to soften the edges to appeal to a broader market (his Dad sure as shit never did) but some of the views he's stated would get thrown in his face.

New Topics

Forum List

Back