CDZ Do you think that a revolution or uprising in America is inevitable in the future? Or incredibly unl

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
My thoughts are so clear and simple:
Given the state of the economy, the growing disparity of wealth, joblessness, and increasing negative views of the government, do you think it will hit a breaking point where Americans decide to revolt and overthrow the government/wealthy elite?
Or is that more likely an extreme scenario that will never happen?
Your opinion of the future of America's state of affairs?
american20uprising400.jpg

Given the state of the economy, the growing disparity of wealth, joblessness, and increasing negative views of the government, do you think it will hit a breaking point where Americans decide to revolt and overthrow the government/wealthy elite?
The push back is already underway.

Convention of States

Not likely at all. There is always a possibility of a very few idiots who think they are about to begin a revolution to do something really stupid. But that will be just another news day.

Not likely at all. There is always a possibility of a very few idiots who think they are about to begin a revolution to do something really stupid. But that will be just another news day.

Funny thing about that. People who think they can change the world are usually a bit crazy. Except that it is the people who THINK they can change the world are the people who ACTUALLY do change the world.

Convention of States

I like the idea of a constitutional convention but it has to be inclusive of all of society and all political points of view. I think the link provided has a decidedly right-wing bent.

Funny thing about that. People who think they can change the world are usually a bit crazy. Except that it is the people who THINK they can change the world are the people who ACTUALLY do change the world.

Thinking you can start a revolution in a stable society (and this is a stable society) is a tad more than a bit crazy. The phrase "bat shit" comes to mind.

Convention of States

I like the idea of a constitutional convention but it has to be inclusive of all of society and all political points of view. I think the link provided has a decidedly right-wing bent.
It has a decidedly American bent. There is a reason the Founding Fathers provided Article V of the Constitution. We have come to the point where government is out of control and needs to be reigned in.

Clearly, our elected representatives have neither the vision or desire to do what is right by the country and our liberty. Their sole focus in on the acquisition of power, or retaining their existing power.

This is why US representation and the White House are not as important as control of the State Legislatures. With the majority of the States, the US Congress is powerless to stop the States from regaining their place in our government and they can return the Federal Government back to what it was intended to be. Our united front to the world, but leaving domestic policy to the States.

Thinking you can start a revolution in a stable society (and this is a stable society) is a tad more than a bit crazy. The phrase "bat shit" comes to mind.
Its not a revolution. It is the free exercise of our liberty.

Nope. Not right now. Rebellion is a city problem, and cities are traps of their own design. City folks are hobbled by their dependence on the outside system. Those of us on the outside control all the food supplies. The trash would be two stories high in two weeks and there would be nothing to eat. The water flows from reservoirs outside of the city. The electricity flows from power plants outside of the city.

The rebellion would be over in a fortnight.

Free expression of ideas is exercising liberty. Armed revolt is treason. Of course, it's only treason if you lose.

Free expression of ideas is exercising liberty. Armed revolt is treason. Of course, it's only treason if you lose.
??

Where exactly is it written that a revolution requires violence?

Personally, I believe that it's very possible, I hope that it does happen SOON.

It won't happen. You have nothing to replace it with and nature abhors a vacuum. There are entirely too many little groups that could be enticed with money from other countries to sell out.

Convention of States

It has a decidedly American bent. There is a reason the Founding Fathers provided Article V of the Constitution. We have come to the point where government is out of control and needs to be reigned in.

Clearly, our elected representatives have neither the vision or desire to do what is right by the country and our liberty. Their sole focus in on the acquisition of power, or retaining their existing power.

This is why US representation and the White House are not as important as control of the State Legislatures. With the majority of the States, the US Congress is powerless to stop the States from regaining their place in our government and they can return the Federal Government back to what it was intended to be. Our united front to the world, but leaving domestic policy to the States.

You do realize that Article V is being pushed by ALEC. It is jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Convention of States

You do realize that Article V is being pushed by ALEC. It is jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.
Not really. An organization that wishes to restrict federal power while promoting States rights is exactly what we need.

Besides, it will be the State Legislatures that will be calling for the State Convention. It will be those legislatures that will set the agenda and priorities, along with the subject matter of the convention.

Returning power to the States and limiting the Federal government to working on our behalf in world affairs is the correct thing to do.

Convention of States

Well that is your viewpoint on what should be done.....in some ways I agree.....but any movement to a convention must not show bias....as I believe this link does.

Convention of States

This is what I'm talking about...a fairly initiated article V convention is needed.....but if you show a bias right off the bat...you sow mistrust.

Change must be focused on structural issues.....rather than left or right policy wishes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back