Do you think Putin is capable

Of slipping a small nuke to ISIS, for shipment to NY harbor? If Russia tanks further could he strike out, using the cover of muslim extremists? Is it time to empathize with Vlad?

Beware Putin the wounded animal commentary
You really are an idiot:

1. Isotopes in Nuclear bombs can be traced back to the original source.

2. Your regular fanatical muslim is as likely to bomb Moscow as Washington.

Also you are suggesting he is stupid. Putin is not as stupid as you but he likes a bit unfounded fearmongering...
Oh.

Of slipping a small nuke to ISIS, for shipment to NY harbor? If Russia tanks further could he strike out, using the cover of muslim extremists? Is it time to empathize with Vlad?

Jesus, you sound exactly like the whiny, fearful leftists of the 70s and 80s. "Don't piss off Russia! They might nuke us if you do that. Eek!"

Putin is this weeks Ebola panic. Why do you allow your manipulators to keep you in perpetual fear?

Any fallout from the destabilization of the ruble is going to be financial. There are some people today who are losing their love affair with forex. A lot of panic selling is going on. Time will tell which hedge funds are bleeding profusely.

Maybe another LTCM out there.

I'm always baffled by the thought processes some use to evaluae Putin.

The bigest problem is people who don't speak Russian, and don't understand the Russian psyche...who hear translations of Putin's statements largely out of context in multiple ways.

The other problem is Americans, especially older Conservative Americans, still think Russian leaders all act like these guys.

I'm not defending the guy, but he's probably not stupid enough to give nukes to homicidal Islamic extremists. He's a lot closer to them than we are

The nuke part no I do think he would supply them with conventional weapons for the right price.
If we openly supply lethal aid to Ukraine, I think you are right. However, I think Putin is trying to find a way out of Ukraine, while still allowing the breakaway regions to join trade pacts with Russia, and not the EU, while at the same time holding onto Crimea. I don't think he can pull it off, though. The Ukraine maybe, but he can't feed Crimea without a land route.

Jesus, you sound exactly like the whiny, fearful leftists of the 70s and 80s. "Don't piss off Russia! They might nuke us if you do that. Eek!"

Putin is this weeks Ebola panic. Why do you allow your manipulators to keep you in perpetual fear?

Back then the leftists were picketing our nuke missile sites...I guess you were still on the teat.

The bigest problem is people who don't speak Russian, and don't understand the Russian psyche...who hear translations of Putin's statements largely out of context in multiple ways.

The other problem is Americans, especially older Conservative Americans, still think Russian leaders all act like these guys.

I'm not defending the guy, but he's probably not stupid enough to give nukes to homicidal Islamic extremists. He's a lot closer to them than we are
You are probably right...the Intel community I am sure has no contingency plan to guard against such activity. Just as they failed to comprehend the 911 horror planned from a cave in Afghanistan. Could never happen.

You are probably right...the Intel community I am sure has no contingency plan to guard against such activity. Just as they failed to comprehend the 911 horror planned from a cave in Afghanistan. Could never happen.
Uhhh boyeee......

The thing about stuff that surprised us, like Pearl Harbor, 911, and the like is the threats weren't really that provocative.

At any rate...what in the hell are we supposed to do about Putin???

I'm so sick of righties blaming what happens in Australia, Pakistan, and Russia on Obama.

You guys find anything bad in the world and Obama gerts all the blame

You guys find anything good in the world Obama gets none of the credit.

I don't recall blaming anything in this thread on obama....but Putin might if his economy really tanks and his people get restless. If his dream of re establishing the USSR is tanked by what he could perceive as a U.S. /Saudi conspiracy.

I don't recall blaming anything in this thread on obama....but Putin might if his economy really tanks and his people get restless. If his dream of re establishing the USSR is tanked by what he could perceive as a U.S. /Saudi conspiracy.
Sorry for lumping you into the "you guys" category if you're not in the habit of thinking everything Obama does is bad.

This topic reminds me of the leftists who blamed America for 9/11. "If we hadn't provoked them, they wouldn't have attacked us. It's our fault."

These cowering faux righties are more and more sounding like the leftists of years past.

This topic reminds me of the leftists who blamed America for 9/11. "If we hadn't provoked them, they wouldn't have attacked us. It's our fault."

These cowering faux righties are more and more sounding like the leftists of years past.
True, but imo we'd be best off in following Merkel's lead on this one. America tends to go off on amateur hour in for affairs when we go it alone.

I seem to remember there was an incident in the 1980's that very nearly led to nuclear war with Russia.

I seem to remember there was an incident in the 1980's that very nearly led to nuclear war with Russia.

That dealt with a failure of technology. the OP's premise is intentional, which imo is unlikely.

Forum List

Back