Do you think Professional Sports are "Fixed"?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Here's a post I saw in another forum regarding today's Superbowl and Pro Sports in general:

<blockquote><i>I've seen plenty of examples of it being fixed over the years, but always kept my faith or should I say naieveness in thinking that the Players determined the outcome of the games .But with careful examination I have realized that Sports are fixed, the calls tonight were horrible, and I hope an investigation can be done. Look at the refs faces during the game (I TIVO'd it) you can tell they know what they're doing .Giving a Chamionship to a more marketable team so a) NFL makes money and b) Vegas makes money. Regardless look at the past champions in all of sports

1) Boston Red Sox (Ended 86 yr draught by beating NYY 4 games in a row, and then swept the Cardinals) .this one is touchy b/c there weren't many objectional calls made, but was very marketable for the MLB and so perhaps players were involved. FIXED
2) Chicago White Sox (Ended 87 yr draught with very questionable calls vs the Angels) FIXED
3) Texas Longhorns (Vince Young completely takes over game, refs blew calls) FIXED
4) North Carolina (Roy Williams finally gets the championship, refs blew calls, and made blatantly bad traveling call vs Nova) FIXED
4) Pittsburgh Steelers (Bettis gets his Ring, Cowher wins the big one, Refs: undescribable in their bias in this game not enough words in the English language to express the horrible officiating and disgust while watching this game) more marketable .FIXED</blockquote></i>

I saw more bad calls this post-season than in any year I can recall. I wonder if instant replay has made the refs lazy or possibly indecisive. It's a shame when the outcome of games is decided by the refs and not the players.

Where ever there is big money, there is gonna be some type of corruption.
The ref's in the NFL suck! Most of the time they are taking the game away from the players. Just like tonight in the Super Bowl. Many of the calls went against the Seahawks. The ref's got to be fair and call them both ways. I mean come on there is some type of holding on every play. I also think the media which is heavy on the East coast wants a East coast team to win. I saw very little coverage on the Seattle team. No I am not a fan of either team but I call it like a see it.

The called fumble on hassleback when it was clear from the replay that he grabbed his jersey was another bad call. they got it right but they had to waste a challenge to overturn what should have been easy to see from the field.

My wife is always saying stuff like "Well, the refs probably have money on the game." But until last night, I dismissed it out of hand. I can't believe that refs could be so absolutely horrible on accident.

Forum List

Back