Do you think Obama is a big advocate for the US military?

Do you think Obama is a big advocate for the US military?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Where's the payraise ?

The payraise? Are you kidding me? You do realize that it is the government that pays the troops, right? Are you suggesting that government spending is okay in that regard?

Their pay may not be all that great, but you cannot deny the benefits. I wish my entire college education could have been paid for.

Where's the payraise ?

The payraise? Are you kidding me? You do realize that it is the government that pays the troops, right? Are you suggesting that government spending is okay in that regard?

Their pay may not be all that great, but you cannot deny the benefits. I wish my entire college education could have been paid for.

Were you in the military Billy?

They guy couldn't even pronounce Corpsmen.

So my answer is NO

How funny, first the OP ask if we think Obama cares, then he turns around to give us some lame proof he does..

and it's from POLITIFACT...:lol::lol:

Where's the payraise ?

Were you in the military Billy?

No, but my brother served in Iraq.

So the answer is No Billy.

Now as to the question I believe the poll should have had a HELL NO option I would have voted for that.

What's Obama doin' `bout it?...
:eusa_eh:
Some vets feeling shorted by the Army College Fund
16 July`12 : At the time, the deal seemed irresistible to Eric Hickam: Give six years to the Army, a recruiter told him in 2003, and you can get a $50,000 "kicker" — the Army College Fund.
When his payments started coming last fall, his first year at Columbia University in New York City, the amount fell far short of what Hickam had anticipated. He thought the college fund was a bonus on top of his GI Bill, worth about $35,000 at the time. The Army says the $50,000 figure was a total of all benefits. Last month, it denied Hickam's appeal seeking $50,000 more than what he's receiving for his GI Bill. "I essentially did six years based on a lie," says Hickam, 26, who served four tours in Iraq.

Hickam is one in a new wave of veterans who are discovering that their Army College Fund is worth far less than they thought when they enlisted. The Army has acknowledged, in at least 91 cases, that enlistment agreements involving the fund were "blatantly misleading" for more than a decade, a review of publicly available military records show. Even so, it denied appeals from veterans who felt misled. With help from Congress, which in 2009 created a one-year opportunity for veterans to seek relief, the Army paid out $2.18 million to 86 applicants, or about $25,000 each. The Army has since denied additional appeals. And no one knows how many of nearly 140,000 young men and women who signed up for the Army College Fund between April 1, 1993, and Sept. 30, 2004, either have given up or have yet to discover the discrepancy.

"It's sad that it takes an act of Congress to provide Army student veterans with their rightfully earned benefits," says Michael Dakduk, executive director of Student Veterans of America, a coalition of student veteran groups on more than 500 campuses. "The Army needs to recognize that this is still a problem." The discrepancy has to do with how the Army College Fund, established in 1982 to attract college-bound youth into the military, is calculated. According to claims available online that were filed by soldiers as far back as 2000, some servicemembers believed the Army College Fund was an extra benefit, on top of the standard education benefit provided by the GI Bill. In multiple cases, an Army review board told them the Army College Fund instead reflects the combined total amount the veteran will get.

The Army "paid some" claims before May 2006 but "does not have reliable data" on how many or the amounts paid, Army spokeswoman Diana Dawa says. Paul Mackiewicz, 29, is one of the lucky ones. In 2009, the Army sent him a letter stating that he could apply to "renew consideration" of his case. A few months later, he got a check for $28,800. By then, Mackiewicz had dropped out of Kennesaw State University in Georgia, and enrolled in a less expensive trade school. He used "a big chunk" of the check to pay off his credit card and moved to New York state, where he graduated this spring from Roberts Wesleyan College. All told, he says, it took him nine years and a lot of frustration to earn his bachelor's degree. Had his recruiter explained the Army College Fund more clearly, he says, "I wouldn't have enlisted. … The Army ended up costing me."

MORE

The U.S. military is a necessary inconvenience for the current occupent of 1600. He wants those that have sacrificed the most to be the first to pay his health care tax. Not only to pay, but pay in a huge chunk immediately. Threatening to veto the Defense Authorization Act if it did not include fee hikes to military retirees is pathetic.

House approves military pay raise - Pay & Benefits - GovExec.com

"Under Obama’s plan, premiums for TRICARE retirees under the family plan would increase between $31and $128 per month, with those in the upper-income bracket seeing the biggest hike. The White House in its budget recommendations also proposed new co-pays, initiation of standard and extra annual enrollment fees, and adjustments to deductibles and catastrophic coverage caps, all in an effort to keep pace with medical inflation The administration said its recommended changes to TRICARE would save the Defense Department an estimated $12.9 billion in discretionary funding and generate $4.7 billion in mandatory savings on Medicare-eligible retiree health care over the next five years. It is projected to save the department $12.1 billion over the next 10 years."

The U.S. military is a necessary inconvenience for the current occupent of 1600. He wants those that have sacrificed the most to be the first to pay his health care tax. Not only to pay, but pay in a huge chunk immediately. Threatening to veto the Defense Authorization Act if it did not include fee hikes to military retirees is pathetic.

House approves military pay raise - Pay & Benefits - GovExec.com

"Under Obama’s plan, premiums for TRICARE retirees under the family plan would increase between $31and $128 per month, with those in the upper-income bracket seeing the biggest hike. The White House in its budget recommendations also proposed new co-pays, initiation of standard and extra annual enrollment fees, and adjustments to deductibles and catastrophic coverage caps, all in an effort to keep pace with medical inflation The administration said its recommended changes to TRICARE would save the Defense Department an estimated $12.9 billion in discretionary funding and generate $4.7 billion in mandatory savings on Medicare-eligible retiree health care over the next five years. It is projected to save the department $12.1 billion over the next 10 years."

Fucking Obama.

Screwing us vets again.

OUT THE FUCKING DOOR in November !!!!

VFW is totally pissed off.

He's fucking with the wrong group of people with this.

Forum List

Back