Do You Think Kerry Really Wants To Win?

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
I ask this because I remember Bush Senior when he ran against Clinton, it was a very lack luster campaign, almost as though Bush did not really want to win.
I see the same in the Kerry camp.....I just don't get the feeling that Kerry wants this victory, but almost wishing it would be over.
Maybe Im wrong about this, it's just my observation.

Bonnie said:
I ask this because I remember Bush Senior when he ran against Clinton, it was a very lack luster campaign, almost as though Bush did not really want to win.
I see the same in the Kerry camp.....I just don't get the feeling that Kerry wants this victory, but almost wishing it would be over.

I agree with your take on the Bush Sr campaign. It was pitiful but I think Kerry wants it big time. Losing is unthinkable to that arrogant SOB.

John Kerry in 2004 = Bob Dole in 1996. Both were (are) Veterans, Senators, and well-established within their party, but couldn't (can't) connect with voters. Dole lost the electoral college big, Kerry is shaping up to do the same.

gop_jeff said:
John Kerry in 2004 = Bob Dole in 1996. Both were (are) Veterans, Senators, and well-established within their party, but couldn't (can't) connect with voters. Dole lost the electoral college big, Kerry is shaping up to do the same.

I think he wants to win, but is utterly confused as to why the public hasn't warmed up to him yet. He doesn't realize that he has burned too many bridges to be able to backtrack as much as he does.

Now Dole, he didn't want to win the election. It was clear as a bell by the time it was half over that he wasn't trying.

I dunno... i think he's really wanting this thing to be over. I saw him on the news last night and he looks like he is so tired and just wants to give up (we should be so lucky!)....he was sunburnt (from wind-sailing no doubt) and he had HUGE bags under his eyes. He was giving a speech in Wisconsin, and he was less than enthusiastic.

Meanwhile, Bush seems to be on his second wind, and looks great. I guess Kerry isn't used to working that hard. What does he think being President is-a 4 year vacation?

fuzzykitten99 said:
I dunno... i think he's really wanting this thing to be over. I saw him on the news last night and he looks like he is so tired and just wants to give up (we should be so lucky!)....he was sunburnt (from wind-sailing no doubt) and he had HUGE bags under his eyes. He was giving a speech in Wisconsin, and he was less than enthusiastic.

Meanwhile, Bush seems to be on his second wind, and looks great. I guess Kerry isn't used to working that hard. What does he think being President is-a 4 year vacation?

Understandable how he came to believe that. His hero actually parlayed it into an 8-yr. romp of BJs, golf, and photo-ops. When Clinton was forced (no doubt cursing and feeling horribly put upon) to actually deal with problems foreign and domestic, his characteristic response was some empty, poll-driven, image-conscious gesture. Of course, America has reaped a bountiful harvest of tragedy and misery, but President Bush has got us on the right track.

fuzzykitten99 said:
.... He was giving a speech in Wisconsin, and he was less than enthusiastic.

Yea! Especially when he could be in the south of France sucking down adult beverages!
on someone elses' tab. The Good Life, for FREE!!! Geeeeeeezzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And they call W dumb... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

gop_jeff said:

Hey Jeff I agree that Kerry will lose but what makes you think it is going to be a huge victory? I think it will be so close that it will scare us into shitting our pants, i'll tell you why: I hate to say this but Kerry is going to wipe Bush in the debates, Bush can't debate plain and simple, its just not his strong suit, Kerry can debate and since both him and Bush have obvious issues they can be hammered on the edge will go to Kerry on sheer speaking ability. I wish to hell this were wrong but i'm afraid its true, and because of this Kerry will win over some undecideds and make the election very close.

OCA said:
Hey Jeff I agree that Kerry will lose but what makes you think it is going to be a huge victory? I think it will be so close that it will scare us into shitting our pants, i'll tell you why: I hate to say this but Kerry is going to wipe Bush in the debates, Bush can't debate plain and simple, its just not his strong suit, Kerry can debate and since both him and Bush have obvious issues they can be hammered on the edge will go to Kerry on sheer speaking ability. I wish to hell this were wrong but i'm afraid its true, and because of this Kerry will win over some undecideds and make the election very close.

You talking about the same candidates im seeing? You are talking about John Kerry and not Bob Kerrey right? Just checking cause i know even Kerry's campaign have gotten them confused. I see no evidence that Kerry is a good speaker. His record as a great debater comes off him throwing his opponent off balance by lying from what ive heard.

Also to say the President isnt a good debater is lacking evidence also. He is undefeated when it comes to debates. he wiped the floor with Al Gore who was supposedly a great debater. it should be interesting but I dont think Kerry has a chance.

I don't know, Kerry can hammer Bush with alot of Iraq stuff, what is W gonna say? He's fucked up and he knows it. This thing should've been over long ago in Iraq but we've dragged it out because of politics. Back to the debate, the undecided and illiterate american electorate will only see Bush's inevitable language gaffs as signs of incompetence and vote the other way.

Don't get me wrong i'm not backing Kerry but the circumstances are different this time around, Bush has many issues where he's leaking oil, he can be had in a debate.

fuzzykitten99 said:

LOL he wants to quit, but his " bitch " wife won't let him. :spank3: :bj2:

Bonnie said:

I'd call it a deficit of personality, with respects to both the Sen. and the President's father. It's simply impossible to get excited about John Kerry.

fuzzykitten99 said:

Thats exactly what I see........He looks tired or whipped, beat, something......It's is probably a combination of things, nothing to really run on, plus horrible camapign advice, and like Zukov said it's just impossible to get jazzed over this guy, even in his own head...LOL

But I want to throw this out there because Im starting to believe the theory that he was just there left standing after Dean had his meltdown, and the Democrats are just putting him through the motions of running and he is obliging to save face?? Maybe crazy?
And what is going on with his advisors......You have Begala, Carville giving this guy the most horrible campaign advice?
Something is just not quite right :dunno:

No, this guy wants to be President. He's wanted to be President his whole life and what's more he believes he deserves to be President.

The problem is he's perhaps one of the least exciting nominees any party has put forward since I can remember (what can I say, I liked Dole).

He may have run out of steam, he is most definitely tired, but he wants to win.

Zhukov said:
No, this guy wants to be President. He's wanted to be President his whole life and what's more he believes he deserves to be President.

The problem is he's perhaps one of the least exciting nominees any party has put forward since I can remember (what can I say, I liked Dole).

He may have run out of steam, he is most definitely tired, but he wants to win.

You make a very good point when you say he thinks he deserves to be president and that we don't understand how lucky we would be to have him over Bush cuz we are too dumb. Under that tired exterior is certainly an arrogance........ Maybe it's more a matter of he wants to win, but his colleagues have other ideas..........Hmmm

Dole did have an understated charm, and he is honest. I was lucky enough to meet and talk with him back when Christie Whittman was running for Gov here, and he was a very gracious, nice man.

Yes, and I think this sense of 'deserving' is probably one of his many handicaps. Even if we are too stupid to understand his nuanced positions, certainly we should be able to 'feel' this man should be President, and therefore he doesn't have to do anything. We should just vote for him.

To be fair, that certainly applies to about 36-40% of the people who will be voting on Election Day.

Zhukov said:
Yes, and I think this sense of 'deserving' is probably one of his many handicaps. Even if we are too stupid to understand his nuanced positions, certainly we should be able to 'feel' this man should be President, and therefore he doesn't have to do anything. We should just vote for him.

To be fair, that certainly applies to about 36-40% of the people who will be voting on Election Day.

Have to agree with you. Sad.

Bonnie said:
You make a very good point when you say he thinks he deserves to be president and that we don't understand how lucky we would be to have him over Bush cuz we are too dumb. Under that tired exterior is certainly an arrogance........ Maybe it's more a matter of he wants to win, but his colleagues have other ideas..........Hmmm

Dole did have an understated charm, and he is honest. I was lucky enough to meet and talk with him back when Christie Whittman was running for Gov here, and he was a very gracious, nice man.

I'm of several minds about this. As to Kerry, I'm in absolute agreement with you, Bonnie. Kerry wants to win, feels he deserves it, and thinks America is too stupid to see that. But, the Democrat leadership - that's another kettle of fish entirely. It's not a week after the Clinton dream team joins the campaign, promising that, "The gloves are coming off", that the blogosphere gets fed a fat, arcing slowball right down the pipe, in the form of those ludicrous, amateurish forgeries. A year and a half ago, Dick Morris stated that Hillary's political ambitions could not tolerate a victorious President in '04 whose name was not "Bush".

Still, I can't believe that the Democrats have played to lose from the start. After all, what's a killing or two to the Clinton camp? There are ways around anything. No - I'm inclined to think that this past summer told the tale. They threw everything they had at Bush - the 9/11 commission, Michael Moore, Bill's book release, Moveon.org., and $50 million of George Soros' money. But, Kerry's poor showing after the Democrat convention told them all they needed to know. Cut your losses, proceed to Plan B, and screw Dan Rather in the bargain (not that that's a BAD thing). Watch the Dems closely in the next few years. It's going to get interesting. The gloves ARE coming off.

musicman said:
I'm of several minds about this. As to Kerry, I'm in absolute agreement with you, Bonnie. Kerry wants to win, feels he deserves it, and thinks America is too stupid to see that. But, the Democrat leadership - that's another kettle of fish entirely. It's not a week after the Clinton dream team joins the campaign, promising that, "The gloves are coming off", that the blogosphere gets fed a fat, arcing slowball right down the pipe, in the form of those ludicrous, amateurish forgeries. A year and a half ago, Dick Morris stated that Hillary's political ambitions could not tolerate a victorious President in '04 whose name was not "Bush".

Still, I can't believe that the Democrats have played to lose from the start. After all, what's a killing or two to the Clinton camp? There are ways around anything. No - I'm inclined to think that this past summer told the tale. They threw everything they had at Bush - the 9/11 commission, Michael Moore, Bill's book release, Moveon.org., and $50 million of George Soros' money. But, Kerry's poor showing after the Democrat convention told them all they needed to know. Cut your losses, proceed to Plan B, and screw Dan Rather in the bargain (not that that's a BAD thing). Watch the Dems closely in the next few years. It's going to get interesting. The gloves ARE coming off.

Interesting take!

Forum List

Back