Do You Think Kerry Really Wants To Win?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I ask this because I remember Bush Senior when he ran against Clinton, it was a very lack luster campaign, almost as though Bush did not really want to win.
    I see the same in the Kerry camp.....I just don't get the feeling that Kerry wants this victory, but almost wishing it would be over.
    Maybe Im wrong about this, it's just my observation.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I agree with your take on the Bush Sr campaign. It was pitiful but I think Kerry wants it big time. Losing is unthinkable to that arrogant SOB.

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    John Kerry in 2004 = Bob Dole in 1996. Both were (are) Veterans, Senators, and well-established within their party, but couldn't (can't) connect with voters. Dole lost the electoral college big, Kerry is shaping up to do the same.

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I think he wants to win, but is utterly confused as to why the public hasn't warmed up to him yet. He doesn't realize that he has burned too many bridges to be able to backtrack as much as he does.

Now Dole, he didn't want to win the election. It was clear as a bell by the time it was half over that he wasn't trying.

5. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    I dunno... i think he's really wanting this thing to be over. I saw him on the news last night and he looks like he is so tired and just wants to give up (we should be so lucky!)....he was sunburnt (from wind-sailing no doubt) and he had HUGE bags under his eyes. He was giving a speech in Wisconsin, and he was less than enthusiastic.

Meanwhile, Bush seems to be on his second wind, and looks great. I guess Kerry isn't used to working that hard. What does he think being President is-a 4 year vacation?

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Understandable how he came to believe that. His hero actually parlayed it into an 8-yr. romp of BJs, golf, and photo-ops. When Clinton was forced (no doubt cursing and feeling horribly put upon) to actually deal with problems foreign and domestic, his characteristic response was some empty, poll-driven, image-conscious gesture. Of course, America has reaped a bountiful harvest of tragedy and misery, but President Bush has got us on the right track.

7. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Yea! Especially when he could be in the south of France sucking down adult beverages!
    on someone elses' tab. The Good Life, for FREE!!! Geeeeeeezzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And they call W dumb... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Hey Jeff I agree that Kerry will lose but what makes you think it is going to be a huge victory? I think it will be so close that it will scare us into shitting our pants, i'll tell you why: I hate to say this but Kerry is going to wipe Bush in the debates, Bush can't debate plain and simple, its just not his strong suit, Kerry can debate and since both him and Bush have obvious issues they can be hammered on the edge will go to Kerry on sheer speaking ability. I wish to hell this were wrong but i'm afraid its true, and because of this Kerry will win over some undecideds and make the election very close.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    You talking about the same candidates im seeing? You are talking about John Kerry and not Bob Kerrey right? Just checking cause i know even Kerry's campaign have gotten them confused. I see no evidence that Kerry is a good speaker. His record as a great debater comes off him throwing his opponent off balance by lying from what ive heard.

Also to say the President isnt a good debater is lacking evidence also. He is undefeated when it comes to debates. he wiped the floor with Al Gore who was supposedly a great debater. it should be interesting but I dont think Kerry has a chance.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I don't know, Kerry can hammer Bush with alot of Iraq stuff, what is W gonna say? He's fucked up and he knows it. This thing should've been over long ago in Iraq but we've dragged it out because of politics. Back to the debate, the undecided and illiterate american electorate will only see Bush's inevitable language gaffs as signs of incompetence and vote the other way.

Don't get me wrong i'm not backing Kerry but the circumstances are different this time around, Bush has many issues where he's leaking oil, he can be had in a debate.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1