Do you think it's possible to win a war on terror

Is it possible to win the war on terror?

• Yes, we'll eventually win and military involvement won't be necessary

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No, it'll never end and we'll be chasing terrorists until the end of time.

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
I took my kid to the amusement park the other day.

This one arcade game had a bunch of Little guys that would pop up out of holes.

You had this mallet and you hit them on the head when one popped up.

But every time that you hit one on the head another one popped up somewhere else.

This could go on and on until you ran out of money.

I'm sure that there is an anology here. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah whack a muslim, very popular.
Wait until you get to play cowboys & muslims

Last edited:
Pretty cut and dry

It will never end, and will eventually be turned against us here in America by the progressive left. Think of how a terrorist is defined, and then ask yourself if they are above defining a patriotic Americans as a terrorist at some point in the near future. They called us Nazis and racists during the 2008 elections, do you really think they are not above this?

Pretty cut and dry

Yes. Very simply, everytime they kill one of us, we kill one-hundred of them. They'll submit eventually or be wiped out.

Won't happen.

The way to "win" is to remove the reason for the greivance. Fighting against terrorists in a conventional sense..is a big fat loser.

My understanding is that one grievance that Islamic fundamentalists have against western society is that Christians believe that the only path to gain entry into paradise is by accepting Jesus Christ as your savior. I don't think that Christians are about to abandon their beliefs on this point simply to appease Islamic terrorists.

Yes. Very simply, everytime they kill one of us, we kill one-hundred of them. They'll submit eventually or be wiped out.

Won't happen.

The way to "win" is to remove the reason for the greivance. Fighting against terrorists in a conventional sense..is a big fat loser.

My understanding is that one grievance that Islamic fundamentalists have against western society is that Christians believe that the only path to gain entry into paradise is by accepting Jesus Christ as your savior. I don't think that Christians are about to abandon their beliefs on this point simply to appease Islamic terrorists.

Radical Islam will be wiped out one day, but there will be millions dead when it happens. And it will happen on the borders of Israel.

Won't happen.

Not in the slightest.

One of the major grievances people in the middle east have..is that they are getting killed in droves by western powers for their natural resources. By the way..that's a pretty accurate summation. Some of that may have been hijacked by crazy religious zealots..but that's the main reason there are so many angry people.

Pretty cut and dry

It will never end, and will eventually be turned against us here in America by the progressive left. Think of how a terrorist is defined, and then ask yourself if they are above defining a patriotic Americans as a terrorist at some point in the near future. They called us Nazis and racists during the 2008 elections, do you really think they are not above this?

Most terrorists around the world today..are very conservative. The most successful domestic terrorist in this country was a conservative christain veteran.

Pretty cut and dry

And you're calling democrats terrorists right now.

It's what you hyper-partisans do, make crazy comparisons in order to fearmonger and try to score points with your hyper-partisan pals.

Truth is, both parties love the supposed war on terror, how many countries does Obama have to bomb to make you think he doesn't want to kill terrorists?

Won't happen.

I don't think a conflict of belief is why we were attacked on 9-11. Here is an old policy analysis that might help explain why we are in the position we are in.

"Ancient History": U.S. Conduct in the Middle East Since World War II and the Folly of Intervention | Sheldon L. Richman | Cato Institute: Policy Analysis

Some insight can be gained by surveying official U.S. conduct in the Middle East since the end of World War II. Acknowledged herein is a fundamental, yet deplorably overlooked, distinction between understanding and excusing. The purpose of this survey is not to pardon acts of violence against innocent people but to understand the reasons that drive people to violent political acts.[2] The stubborn and often self-serving notion that the historical record is irrelevant because political violence is inexcusable ensures that Americans will be caught in crises in the Middle East and elsewhere for many years to come.

After 70 years of broken Western promises regarding Arab independence, it should not be surprising that the West is viewed with suspicion and hostility by the populations (as opposed to some of the political regimes) of the Middle East.[3] The United States, as the heir to British imperialism in the region, has been a frequent object of suspicion. Since the end of World War II, the United States, like the European colonial powers before it, has been unable to resist becoming entangled in the region's political conflicts. Driven by a desire to keep the vast oil reserves in hands friendly to the United States, a wish to keep out potential rivals (such as the Soviet Union), opposition to neutrality in the cold war, and domestic political considerations, the United States has compiled a record of tragedy in the Middle East

Last edited:

Forum List

Back